ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

john w

Hall of Fame
i've lived in over 6.5 decades. probably just like you. you're is - apostrophe re - you are- contraction.your is possesive. you're pretty good with the juvenille speech and calling people "devil's child" and such. why anyone would be shocked at my "mirrored response" is simply unfathomable. lol - maybe i get banned for calling out paid members, wouldn't surprise me. i give respect when it's given, but anyone can play YOUR game - no winners. just - :loser: - :carryon:

More emotional pleas, pyscho babble, you piece of dung. Have a seat, toots. Your "Mrs. Irrelevant."

Can you dig it, lost one? Good.

And the teenie bob just "caint figger" out how to use the "caps" key. Back yo your "Seventeen Magazine," eh, squirt?

john w

Hall of Fame
We do have the original word of God from the mouth of Jesus Himself.

The word is still given by inspiration of God today, if we hear His voice.

The truth is also found in many words, passages, and books of the Bible which all agree and correct one another, when one is taught by the Lord.

If not, then one will follow ones own religion or that of another.

Joh 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Joh 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

LA

LA

"We do have the original word of God from the mouth of Jesus Himself.
The word is still given by inspiration of God today, if we hear His voice."-LALaw

Translated:subjectivity.

Anyone to you:I have the original word of God from the mouth of Jesus Himself, as I hear His voice. And He tells me that God the Father is a woman.

You: Right on!!!!

Thanks for checking in, Christ rejector, and, as usual, adding nothing to the thread, this website, except to once again prove that you are a lost windbag, and fool. Even you know it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for the psycho babble, you slug, drone, loser. You don't have the clout that I have on TOl, toots, so, please, have a seat, and I may tell you to get saved, you cliche spammer. Weighty, toots.

ha ha ha ha - literally laughing out loud, you wanna be young - you mid-life crisis having fonzie of TOL ! you think i want clout here ? why don't you try slapping me like you threatened. both cheeks please. if you have clout, i don't want it. it tickles me that i upset you. i saw it coming from a big fat mile away. oh, and all the words and phrases you use are so original, completely in your own words. you are a complete waste of time. slug,drone, loser, spammer, toots. no cliche there, all original johnny dub. you're the best ! ! ! - your drivel speaks for itself. i rest my case - :patrol:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
More emotional pleas, pyscho babble, you piece of dung. Have a seat, toots. Your "Mrs. Irrelevant."

And the teenie bob just "caint figger" out how to use the "caps" key. Back yo your "Seventeen Magazine," eh, squirt?

oh, I Can UsE The caPs, is that what the adults do ? wow you really are as i suspected. A living walking, talking joke. a manchild, living at home with the parents ? angry at the world ? smoke up johnny - dat's what it is, da chicks cain'T hOlD DA SMOKe ! who's emotional ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

"poor johnny . . . he was a little high strung" - val kilmer Tombstone - "i know . . . let's have a spelling contest" - :dunce: - "why ike . . . whatever do you mean" - "apparently, johnny is an educated man . . . now i really hate him" - 'why, johnny ringo . . . you look like you've just seen a ghost". nope. just patrick jane. i've changed your perspective slightly. i know it and you know it. your pride won't let you type it. cuz you been here longer, so you must know more. i plead to no one on here. i am the same in person. you get what you give. maybe nobody in your life is honest with you. you don't intimidate anyone here. i hope not anyway. sticks and stones o wise one - :duh:

This Charming Manc

Where does the new testament clearly state that different groups get different gospels?

Its an assumption of MAD i dont find in scripture.

James writing to early Jewish Christians is dispersion and Paul writing to later gentile Christians, means the language is different .

But the gospel is the same.

Hi , and how can it be the same Gospel ?

Paul wrote of the MYSTERY in Eph 3:2 and Col 1:25 and to the Body of Christ !

And James wrote to the 12 tribes scattered ABROAD , so not the same Group , and not the same Gospel !!

dan p

This Charming Manc

Lets look at the context of your proof text

2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

The gospel Paul preached was

• revealed to him
  • was revealed by the apostles
  • was for gentile and Jew

Where is you separate gospel in this scripture?

Hi , and how can it be the same Gospel ?

Paul wrote of the MYSTERY in Eph 3:2 and Col 1:25 and to the Body of Christ !

And James wrote to the 12 tribes scattered ABROAD , so not the same Group , and not the same Gospel !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
ha ha ha ha - literally laughing out loud, you wanna be young - you mid-life crisis having fonzie of TOL ! you think i want clout here ? why don't you try slapping me like you threatened. both cheeks please. if you have clout, i don't want it. it tickles me that i upset you. i saw it coming from a big fat mile away. oh, and all the words and phrases you use are so original, completely in your own words. you are a complete waste of time. slug,drone, loser, spammer, toots. no cliche there, all original johnny dub. you're the best ! ! ! - your drivel speaks for itself. i rest my case - :patrol:

"ha ha ha ha - literally laughing out loud,"_Patty Cake

Thanks, Danny Partridge-ette.Next up: ROFLOL...ROFLMAO...

You really dig those teen magazines, don't you, toots?

"johnny dub."-slug

Wow! Real tough gal, are you, droid-ette Patty? Weighty.

"you are a complete waste of time."-Patty Cake

Another baffler. How long did it take you, to come up with that "original," on the WW net, Patty? And yet you still respond. Too much "angel dust" in you, eh teenie bob? Yes...

john w

Hall of Fame
oh, I Can UsE The caPs, is that what the adults do ? wow you really are as i suspected. A living walking, talking joke. a manchild, living at home with the parents ? angry at the world ? smoke up johnny - dat's what it is, da chicks cain'T hOlD DA SMOKe ! who's emotional ?

On pot, while skimming "Seventeen Magazine." My evidence? The above. Now, pull up your bunny shirt, so you won't drool on it, little gal.

john w

Hall of Fame
"poor johnny . . . he was a little high strung" - val kilmer Tombstone - "i know . . . let's have a spelling contest" - :dunce: - "why ike . . . whatever do you mean" - "apparently, johnny is an educated man . . . now i really hate him" - 'why, johnny ringo . . . you look like you've just seen a ghost". nope. just patrick jane. i've changed your perspective slightly. i know it and you know it. your pride won't let you type it. cuz you been here longer, so you must know more. i plead to no one on here. i am the same in person. you get what you give. maybe nobody in your life is honest with you. you don't intimidate anyone here. i hope not anyway. sticks and stones o wise one - :duh:

johnny? Vs. your sodomite name, Patty? Put up that "manly" pic of yours, sweetie. I thought so.

Arsenios

I always liked this verse from James for the MADers...

2:13
For judgment will be merciless
to one who has shown no mercy;
Mercy triumphs over judgment.

They seem so heartless in their personal attacks...

And they are not alone...

Arsenios

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
johnny? Vs. your sodomite name, Patty? Put up that "manly" pic of yours, sweetie. I thought so.

i will when i get a webcam. not a priority, i'm secure in my manhood,45, better hair, and better looking. smarter too, it seems, but that's not important. i proved my point in the only language you understand. insults, judgement and damnation of others. "what it's like" by everlast. good song. your vanity and pride/ego is pitiful. and i've actually gone easy on you. my real name is mark. my name doesn't matter, and i will always have only one identity on tol. maybe you too. YOU Know What You Do - GOD Knows WHY You Do It - God Bless you, tough guy - bye honey baby :kiss:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"ha ha ha ha - literally laughing out loud,"_Patty Cake

Thanks, Danny Partridge-ette.Next up: ROFLOL...ROFLMAO...

You really dig those teen magazines, don't you, toots?

"johnny dub."-slug

Wow! Real tough gal, are you, droid-ette Patty? Weighty.

"you are a complete waste of time."-Patty Cake

Another baffler. How long did it take you, to come up with that "original," on the WW net, Patty? And yet you still respond. Too much "angel dust" in you, eh teenie bob? Yes...

all you have is random, childish jibberish and false personal character attacks/associations, and i know for a fact you will not do that face to face. anyone with basic reading skills can see what you are. you can blame me and try to personalize it, but EVERYTHING i have said about you is factual observation. get out of the trailer, and blow some of that hippy stank off, once in a while ! i've been on the "net" for a total of less than 6 months. i never felt the need for a computer at home. i've never been to jail, but know all about it. i don't have a smart phone. i love peope and animals, and your attitudes (that I have seen), are disgusting. i have "real life" experience, not a "prison mentality", like you exude. it takes me no time at all to respond to folks like you. you can't take what you dish out and resort to personal attacks like "teenie bob" - (i think it's teeny BOP anyway). the more you type, the worse you look. i don't have to say anything. keep digging - but first pick one or two sentences and isolate, for individual responses. just the ones that may possibly help your attempted comebacks.kind of like you do with The Bible ? - :grave::cigar:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John and I are contradicting the book of James. we just did that to show everyone how NOT to be here. sorry folks, nothing to see here, keep moving, John is a great guy, this was all for show. i really am a hateful, terrible sinner though. that's the "real" me. John = Good - Patrick = Bad. i just wanna make that perfectly clear. -

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We do have the original word of God from the mouth of Jesus Himself.

The word is still given by inspiration of God today, if we hear His voice.

The truth is also found in many words, passages, and books of the Bible which all agree and correct one another, when one is taught by the Lord.

If not, then one will follow ones own religion or that of another.

Joh 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Joh 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

LA

Still true.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I always liked this verse from James for the MADers...

2:13
For judgment will be merciless
to one who has shown no mercy;
Mercy triumphs over judgment.

They seem so heartless in their personal attacks...

And they are not alone...

Arsenios

i'm not a mad'er or a matador. does it matter ? sha doobie, shattered, shattered. i usually refrain from judgement, but patterns do emerge. unfortunately, i sometimes mirror other people's attitudes and judgement back at them. probably accomplishing nothing. i'm not proud of that, and it rarely gets a good response. why do i do it Arsenios ? it's Arseniooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Arsenios

i'm not a mad'er or a matador.
You do seem to pass a fair amount of Bull...

But I promise not to call you Mat...

does it matter ?

Should it?

Some things just happen...

sha doobie, shattered, shattered. i usually refrain from judgement, but patterns do emerge.

Ain't THAT the truth...

unfortunately, i sometimes mirror other people's attitudes and judgement back at them. probably accomplishing nothing.

That was what I first tried when I first arrived here, with Glory Daze and Grosnik M, her side-kick... To absolutely no avail, I should hasten to blurt forth... Slander is THEIR turf, after all, and being masters of dispensing it, they have great immunity to it... But it turns out that they don't do all that well with plain, good-natured truth and fun-styled repartee... Their vanity makes their souls very needy for being taken seriously, and when that is withdrawn in the jocularity one would use on a cutely angry and mistaken child, they do not do very well... Escalation often ensues, and when it fails, they just go silent or do the ignore thing...

Theological Cyber-Bullies I say!

i'm not proud of that, and it rarely gets a good response.

Roger that!

why do i do it Arsenios ?

Me no know...

BUT...

I can tell you why you keep on doing it...

Dunno if i't'll help..

Or pass muster or gas...

It's because you are not yet an Orthodox Christian...

But neither are many Orthodox Christians...

So no you vorry!

it's Arseniooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Stop yodeling!

Below is an icon of the Saint after whom I was named when I was baptized:

Here is his story:
http://oca.org/saints/lives/2015/05/08/101328-venerable-arsenius-the-great

Here is one of his quotes
“I have often regretted the words I have spoken,
but I have never regretted my silence.”

Arsenios