Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

john w

Hall of Fame
(Heb 10:37) For,

In just a little while,
he who is coming will come
and will not delay.”

In order to be a Darby Follower "in just a little while" has to mean about 2,000 years and still counting.

Isaiah 2:2 KJV And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

vs.

2 Timothy 3 KJV

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 having a form of godliness, but denying the powActs 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:er thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

In order to be a Preterist devil follower, "in the last days" cited in Is. 2:2 KJV, Micah 4:1 KJV, Acts 2:1 KJV, "where the good times roll, like a Led Zeplin concert," means the same thing as "the last days" of 2 Tim. 3 KJV "perilous times,"as "it all means the same thing, as "I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:" means "perlous times," and in "all nations shall flow unto it." "nations" does not really mean "nations."

whitestone

Again, the Assyrians didn't rule over Jerusalem. The Assyrians removed the Israelites of the 10 tribes from the Northern Nation of Israel.

Daniel's 70 weeks were for the Jews, not the Israelites from the 10 tribes.

Assyria has nothing to do with the 70 weeks.

Well it don't hurt nothing to check them off the list right? I myself don't think that Assyria ever received a wound unto death and was ever in the pit. If it had it we would have seen it receive the deadly wound somewhere in history right? So Assyria well,,,hey it's been a nation from way back then and there's a war going on there now so I have it checked of the list too. What about Babylon ,Iraq did they ever receive a deadly wound and were put in the pit?

john w

Hall of Fame
If you can't understand Isaiah 19:1, then you will never understand what took place in 70AD.

But like I said, you only have one agenda, and that's to defend Darby's false teachings at all costs.

As I predicted, "Why can't you understand....you will never understand....Darby..."

Shut up punk-even your to be ex wife/domestic partner are laughing at you, are bored with you.

john w

Hall of Fame
To date, not one Darby Follower has ever been able to explain ......spam....spam.....spam...

Well, punk, Craigie-to date, you've still wimped out, again, refusing to identify this "everyone" that saw this alleged invisible Saviour return in AD 70, and refuse to agree to my challenge-a thread-this will give you an opportunity to explain to all of us misguided,meanie dispies/MADists, and those of us who are not dispies, just what the second coming is/was. You can un-pack it for all of us. Oh, yes, you asserted it, below(and lied about it, as usual)..........

What's the problem, Craigie? All that tough guy" talk of yours, with cute, "Johnny," and you won't take me on, one on one, eh devil boy? You know that I will pick you apart, and you are just a big satanic windbag, and do not want to be exposed further, for the habitual liar that you are, right Wimpy?

"Tet: "The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army." "-STP

"Never said that."-Tet.

Lie-

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Vs.

He lies, again:

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

=satanic, also, as no scripture says that the Lord Jesus Chris would lose His "flesh and bone" glorified, resurrected body, with which He ascended to the third heaven, when He returned-NADA. Satanic Preterism, Craigie being a shill, makes this up.

The lie...according to this Preterist con job, in this "man made" AD 70-ism "belief system," he returned "un physically," but everyone saw Him, and signs are invisible.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

Ascended up physically, never returned physically in AD 70, just as some disembodied spirit, everyone saw Him, even though he did not return physically in AD 70.

Wait....it was the Roman army.

You wicked deceiver.

Now for over the 165th time, Craigie, identify this "everyone" that allegedly saw this "Jesus" return in 70 AD, this "Jesus" who returned with no "flesh and bone," but merely a "disembodied spirit."
Gives us names, citations. _

Hebrews 9:28 KJV

so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Vs. Preterist Perverter Craigie Tellalie:

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Shazam, Gomer Tellalie! The Roman army was looking for the Saviour, for their salvation/deliverance, and He appeared to them!!!!!! That is the second coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Craigie, since we "wrongly understand what Scripture means by His second coming," and you don't, this will give you the stage, to set us straight, so that we can understand, infallibly, as you assert that you do, since you, unlike us, do not "follow the teachings of fallible men."

Agreed, Craigie, on a thread?

whitestone

Why is it that you don't see that it could be the time period between Nero and Vespasian?

lol,The part about the Jews who were in the siege in ad70,,where they weren't buying and selling with his money and refusing to bow down to any of those Caesars,,lol,,,I'm not one to force things where they don't fit to seem as if I'm "the big time preacher on the www" ,,

what about Babylon,Persia,Greece ect. can you pin point a time in the worlds history where any of them received a deadly wound by the sword and were cast into the pit?

whitestone

What about Israel, that lone holdout who was a super power in Solomon's day,when all the nations brought gifts to them? In ad70 do you think they received a deadly wound by the sword? Do you think that they were cast into the pit and were no more a kingdom? Do you think that they were ripped up by the roots(torn out from the natural root)and cast into the pit? do you think that they "were,then were not, and then in 1948 ascended up out of the pit"? lol you would think you would have seen,some where in history, them receive the deadly wound and ascend out of the pit and stand up like a man if this is so right?

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
(Rom 13:11) And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

To date, not one Darby Follower has ever been able to explain how Paul's salvation was NEARER then when he first believed, in addition to the Roman's salvation being NEARER then when they first believed.

Of course, the doped lied about this, and the punk does not "get" that salvation, in the book, is not always talking about "soul/spirit" salvation.

Saved-to be delivered from, preserved, from a danger.

If the punk would study, and survey the book, instead of his Hank Hanegraaf cassette tapes, he'd know that we are saved from the penalty of sins(justification), are being saved from the power of sin(sanctification), and will be saved from the presence of sin(glorification). This is Paul's reference above. The Roman saints were already saved in the justification context. He was talking about their future glorification, to wit, "the redemption of the body." Paul speaks of this in Romans 8 KJV:

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Of course, since his satanic Preterism denies the redemption of the body, his father the devil insists that he spam the above.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
(Rom 13:11) And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

To date, not one Darby Follower has ever been able to explain how Paul's salvation was NEARER then when he first believed, in addition to the Roman's salvation being NEARER then when they first believed.

:duh: Because every day that goes by is another day nearer to the end

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
So, your salvation is nearer each day that goes by?

Slower, punk-

If the punk would study, and survey the book, instead of his Hank Hanegraaf cassette tapes, he'd know that we are saved from the penalty of sins(justification), are being saved from the power of sin(sanctification), and will be saved from the presence of sin(glorification). This is Paul's reference above. The Roman saints were already saved in the justification context. He was talking about their future glorification, to wit, "the redemption of the body." Paul speaks of this in Romans 8 KJV:

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Read it, Wimp:

because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

The salvation here is our(not yours)glorification, being delivered/saved from these vile bodies, the presence of sin-"the redemption of the body."

SaulToPaul 2

Slower, punk-

Read it, Wimp:

because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

The salvation here is our(not yours)glorification, being delivered/saved from these vile bodies, the presence of sin-"the redemption of the body."

:up:

Not bad exegesis for a fellow graduate of The Institute of Eisegesis and Sloppy Exegesis of Akron Ohio.

Dr. Herman Eutic, Dean of Affairs at the Institute, will be very proud!

john w

Hall of Fame
Speaking of spam, did you know that Milburn Drysdale was Don Drysdale's uncle?
Oh, boy, you're just full of fun today, aren't ya, Mayor? Why don't head on out to that fancy Chinese restaurant in Mount Pilot, and, not having enough money to leave a tip, see how the waiter calls you something in Chinese, and it won't sound like "sport," neither. That will be "fun."

And, you must have a cousin, named Virgil, like me. He comes from my mother's side of the family; they're the fun ones.

john w

Hall of Fame
:up:

Not bad exegesis for a fellow graduate of The Institute of Eisegesis and Sloppy Exegesis of Akron Ohio.

Dr. Herman Eutic, Dean of Affairs at the Institute, will be very proud!

Thanks, Mayor. Sometimes us poor, Act 4:13 KJV "unlearned" and unegeekated bumpkins, can splain/sipher a few thins to others.

Speaking of poor- the rich are different. Did you ever see a rich kid's bicycle, Mayor? Solid chromium, with at least six or seven red reflectors.

SaulToPaul 2

Speaking of poor- the rich are different. Did you ever see a rich kid's bicycle, Mayor? Solid chromium, with at least six or seven red reflectors.

Yeah, I've seen those rich kids down at Metzger's field. They have the best first base mitts, too.
Their fathers must be entrepeneurs rather than working "at the office" like my Dad did.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I've seen those rich kids down at Metzger's field. They have the best first base mitts, too.
Their fathers must be entrepeneurs rather than working "at the office" like my Dad did.

Wonder what caused Ward to be seemingly always "home early from the office?" Curious...

I was painfully thin, when I was a younin,playin' baseball. I got my mother's family's frame. When I was 17, I could reach into a milk bottle and pull out an egg. Luckily, even though I did not excel in sports, my list of "non sport" high-school achievements, including "board of directors of the tin-foil drive," and "volleyball court maintenance crew," was extensive.

And who are you calling a quirt?