Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

john w

Hall of Fame
Maybe Spanky thinks it was a fulfillment of all the "seeing, they shall not see" verses. You know...they did "see" Roman Jesus but just didn't "see" that it was Him. But they still "saw" Him because the army was Him. So He was there, because they...you know..."saw" Him...in the Romans. Because Bocephus said so. Or something.

Watch, musty.....Something along the lines of "Why can't you understand...?" is coming from Craigie.....Or another "Darby" debate ender....

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe Spanky thinks it was a fulfillment of all the "seeing, they shall not see" verses. You know...they did "see" Roman Jesus but just didn't "see" that it was Him. But they still "saw" Him because the army was Him. So He was there, because they...you know..."saw" Him...in the Romans. Because Bocephus said so. Or something.

(Isaiah 19:1) A prophecy against Egypt:
See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud
and is coming to Egypt.

The idols of Egypt tremble before him,
and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.

We now know from history, that it was the Assyrians who did the "coming to Egypt".

If this verse was a prophecy for Israel like the ones in the NT, Dispensationalists would claim that God Himself would literally ride a literal cloud into Egypt.

Like I said, Dispensationalists have an agenda because they are followers of John Nelson Darby.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Heb 10:37) For,

In just a little while,
he who is coming will come
and will not delay.”

In order to be a Darby Follower "in just a little while" has to mean about 2,000 years and still counting.

john w

Hall of Fame
and is coming to Egypt.

We now know from history, that it was the Assyrians who did the "coming to Egypt".

If this verse was a prophecy for Israel like the ones in the NT, Dispensationalists would claim that God Himself would literally ride a literal cloud into Egypt.

Like I said, Dispensationalists have an agenda because they are followers of John Nelson Darby.

As I predicted-word for word spam/plagiarizing/Darby emotional diatribe, from the Wimp.

Identify this "everyone," that saw this alleged "un physical" Saviour, return in AD 70, having lost his "flesh and bone" body, and "quit like a man," sissy.

You are beginning to bore us, Craigie.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Daniel's 70 weeks were for the Jews, not the Israelites from the 10 tribes.

According to context it's for the people that Daniel was praying for.

Dan 9:20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;
Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
According to context it's for the people that Daniel was praying for.

Dan 9:20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;
Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people

All Jews are Israelites, not all Israelites are Jews.

Are you really going to argue that the 70 weeks weren't exclusively for the Jews?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(James 5:8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

In order to be a follower of Darby, "the Lord's coming is near" has to mean about 2,000 years and still counting.

john w

Hall of Fame
(Heb 10:37) For,

In just a little while,
he who is coming will come
and will not delay.”

In order to be a Darby Follower "in just a little while" has to mean about 2,000 years and still counting.

And, in order to be a devil follower, and DeMar/Sprouls/King/Gentry/Hanegraaf follower, "everyone" means Josephus, a Christ rejector, and Wiki, and signs are invisible, as "everyone" saw an invisible Saviour, and the Roman army was in the form of Jesus Christ, and the Roman army was waiting for their salvation/deliverance in AD 70!!!!!

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

You satanic slug, habitual liar.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(1 John 2:18) Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

In order to be a Darby Follower, "the last hour" has to mean about 2,000 years and still counting.

john w

Hall of Fame
In order to be a Darby Follower.....

In order to be a devil follower, "the law was nailed " means that it was resurrected after the cross, "land" only means "land," when it fits my, Craigie's, satanic "doctrine," "physically" means "invisible," "the second time"/second coming means "The Roman army."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The prayer wasn't prayed exclusively for Jews and Gabriel came with an answer in response to the prayer.

steko, the topic is the four beasts.

What Assyria did to the Northern Nation of Israel occurred before Daniel was given the 70 weeks.

My point was that the four beasts of Daniel pertain to Jerusalem and Judaea, not the Northern Nation of Israel, as it was long gone when the 70 weeks were given.

musterion

Know why Roman Inviso-PreterJesus is a false Christ?

Paul referred to two primary aspects of Christ -- according to the flesh (Rom 1:3), and according to the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25).

Roman Inviso-PreterJesus had no flesh, so that one's out.

The revelation of the mystery says nothing about Christ returning to destroy Jews.

Roman Inviso-PreterJesus is neither Christ spoken of by Paul, so it's a false Christ. A myth which SpankyTet has been turned aside to.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Spanky,

Who in 70 ad said it was "Jesus" returning in the form of Rome?

and is coming to Egypt.

Was the Assyrian army God?

Did the people of Egypt see God?

Did the people of Egypt see the Assyrian army?

Was there even a cloud involved?

If you can't understand Isaiah 19:1, then you will never understand what took place in 70AD.

But like I said, you only have one agenda, and that's to defend Darby's false teachings at all costs.

musterion

and is coming to Egypt.

Was the Assyrian army God?

Did the people of Egypt see God?

Did the people of Egypt see the Assyrian army?

Was there even a cloud involved?

If you can't understand Isaiah 19:1, then you will never understand what took place in 70AD.

But like I said, you only have one agenda, and that's to defend Darby's false teachings at all costs.

Who in 70 ad said it was "Jesus" returning in the form of Rome?

You need to document this.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The revelation of the mystery says nothing about Christ returning to destroy Jews.

Once again, you're wrong.

Paul knew all about The Day of the Lord, and he knew it was about to happen soon, and Paul made it clear the Christ rejecting Jews would suffer destruction, and that they would not be able to escape from it.

(1 Thess 5: 1-3) 1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Rom 13:11) And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

To date, not one Darby Follower has ever been able to explain how Paul's salvation was NEARER then when he first believed, in addition to the Roman's salvation being NEARER then when they first believed.