Did Christ know He was fully God?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
According to you, Oatmeal and other anti-divinity proponents, Jesus mislead people. Its you who doesn't make sense. That's why I suggested that you and Oatmeal should just rewrite the Bible to fix what you think Jesus got wrong.

You cannot mislead anyone if you follow whole context of the Bible is all about God and Jesus' love.

oatmeal

Maybe you and Oatmeal can rewrite the Bible and fix Jesus’ words where he didn’t speak right?

It sounds like you would have rejected Jesus if you lived when he was on the earth???

You are a vague as a person as I know

Why did Jesus say, "I can of myself do nothing"

Was it because He was fully God and had full power and the authority of God but that power and authority amounted to nothing that he could actually do something with?

or was it because he was simply a human like you and me and realized that without God, we would not even exist?

In other words, show me where I am attempting to rewrite the Bible or misunderstanding what Jesus said.

Show me or admit you are a false accuser

meshak

BANNED
Banned

there are many posters here like him.

He is not the only one.

I believe it is one of the tactics to send mixed messages so has excuse to accuse of their opponents as ignorant..

That's why I respect posters simple messages. They are honest ones, imo.

Your explanation of trinity is brilliant and a good example of clear and simple messages.

thank you, bless you brother.

oatmeal

*then we would all be “the son of God” according to your argument.

*BTW, when Peter confessed his faith, Son is capitalized. Jesus said his Father in heaven revealed his true identity to him.

* OT Judaism didn’t know about the Son of God in Heaven through whom the world was created. So it’s not in the books that they wrote. But the Son of God IS in the NT books written about Jesus.

* the truth is the is very little in the OT books about an expected deliverer.

You love to break things don't you?

You love to extrapolate to the point of sheer stupidity?

Jesus is not "God the Son" if you think that is a truthful title for Jesus, then please show me from God's written logos where God refers to Jesus as God the Son.

Why are you trying to put words into God's mouth?

Why not simply believe the testimony that God gave of his son?

Why not believe the truth that is written and why it was written?

John 20:31

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

What is one of the reasons that these are written that we might believe what?

a. that Jesus is God the Son?

b. that Jesus is part of a three part God

c. that Jesus is fully God

d. that Jesus is fully God and fully man

e. that Caino is right

f. that Jesus is the son of God

Answer me this

oatmeal

Because Jesus never said he was God the Father in an Absolute sense, used the term “The Son of Man” patterned after the Book of Enoch.

After the apostles identified who he was, Jesus told them not to tell anyone until he left.

Also, he didn’t promote himself as the Jews Messiah because he wasn’t.

Oatmeal ignores Jesus and uses second hand accounts.

Are you so uneducated?

Your teachers must have been scam artists, charlatans

Messiah means anointed

Christ means anointed

Jesus is the Christ, the messiah, the anointed one

Who anointed him?

a. himself

b. God

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

God anointed Jesus of N

Jesus did not anoint himself

If you want to learn a few things let me know I can point you in a great direction

oatmeal

Yes, I think Jesus would not deliberately mislead people on such a large point. He also said that to prove his authority “tear down this temple (pointing to his body) and in 3 days I will raise it up again”.

Billions of believers have read the words of Jesus in the scripture and see something different than the fringe anti-divinity crowd.

He believed God's promise that God would raise him up

Without that believing God's hands would be tied and Jesus would not have been raised

Mark 11:23

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Jesus Christ taught plainly how to believe and thus how to achieve God's goals and purposes for our lives

If Jesus had any doubt about the promise of God, Jesus would not have been believing

Maybe you can explain I Thessalonians 4:16 for me, specifically the emboldened words,

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

If I am dead when Christ returns as described in this passage, will I

a. be raised from the dead

b. rise up of my own volition

What say you? What does that phrase say?

If I look only at that phrase it would be simple to conclude that I will raise my self up from the dead for that passage says nothing about either God or Jesus raising me from the dead

Read it for yourself:

I Thessalonians 4:13-17

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Obviously, most Christians are not careful readers of the scripture, hence, they continue to believe the trinity and other errors

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Why did Jesus say, "I can of myself do nothing"

Was it because He was fully God and had full power and the authority of God but that power and authority amounted to nothing that he could actually do something with?

or was it because he was simply a human like you and me and realized that without God, we would not even exist?

In other words, show me where I am attempting to rewrite the Bible or misunderstanding what Jesus said.

Show me or admit you are a false accuser

Simple, The divine Son is always in humble submission to the will of the Father.

I didn’t say you were rewriting the Bible, you are just arguing by default that Jesus mislead billions of people who hear something different in the words of Jesus.

John 10:18
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

The Son of God always gives credit to his Father for his own existence, powers and glory.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He believed God's promise that God would raise him up

Without that believing God's hands would be tied and Jesus would not have been raised

Mark 11:23

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Jesus Christ taught plainly how to believe and thus how to achieve God's goals and purposes for our lives

If Jesus had any doubt about the promise of God, Jesus would not have been believing

Maybe you can explain I Thessalonians 4:16 for me, specifically the emboldened words,

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

If I am dead when Christ returns as described in this passage, will I

a. be raised from the dead

b. rise up of my own volition

What say you? What does that phrase say?

If I look only at that phrase it would be simple to conclude that I will raise my self up from the dead for that passage says nothing about either God or Jesus raising me from the dead

Read it for yourself:

I Thessalonians 4:13-17

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Obviously, most Christians are not careful readers of the scripture, hence, they continue to believe the trinity and other errors
Jesus made the point blank declaration in his own promise to return from the dead based on his own inherent power to do so. The temporary human form of Jesus is what he laid down, the Son of God didn’t die, he returned in a likeness of his former mortal body which appears and disappears in front of believers. He then returned to his place in heaven from which he came.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Are you so uneducated?

Your teachers must have been scam artists, charlatans

Messiah means anointed

Christ means anointed

Jesus is the Christ, the messiah, the anointed one

Who anointed him?

a. himself

b. God

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

God anointed Jesus of N

Jesus did not anoint himself

If you want to learn a few things let me know I can point you in a great direction
Demonstrating your secret conceit doesn’t make your arguments any more true. The Jews have had ample time to review the record and they still have the same scripture based reasons to reject Jesus. The problem wasn’t Jesus, the problem was an ilconceived Messiah on the part of the arrogant Jews who rewrote the Old Testament in Babylon.

The Son of God didn’t fulfill the erronious expectations of your stubborn counterparts. The Kingdom is spiritual and for ALL the world, not a self proclaimed chosen few.!

Caino

BANNED
Banned

He is not the only one.

I believe it is one of the tactics to send mixed messages so has excuse to accuse of their opponents as ignorant..

Your explanation of trinity is brilliant and a good example of clear and simple messages.

Where did Gabriel come from? Where did he go? Where did Satan live? Was he also just a human?

oatmeal

Simple, The divine Son is always in humble submission to the will of the Father.

I didn’t say you were rewriting the Bible, you are just arguing by default that Jesus mislead billions of people who hear something different in the words of Jesus.

John 10:18
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

The Son of God always gives credit to his Father for his own existence, powers and glory.

Why?

If Jesus is as much God as God is God, then why?

What don't you understand about "I can of myself do nothing"

If Jesus was fully God, he would say "I act based on the counsel of my own will, who has instructed me? who came before me that would be wiser than me?"

If Jesus was God, he would not have to be given any authority what so ever.

God already has all the authority to do what He needs to do

Jesus had to be given authority because he is not God.

God delegated all the authority God found fit to give him

oatmeal

Jesus made the point blank declaration in his own promise to return from the dead based on his own inherent power to do so. The temporary human form of Jesus is what he laid down, the Son of God didn’t die, he returned in a likeness of his former mortal body which appears and disappears in front of believers. He then returned to his place in heaven from which he came.

Great!

So answer my question

Caino

BANNED
Banned

He is not the only one.

You love to break things don't you?

You love to extrapolate to the point of sheer stupidity?

Jesus is not "God the Son" if you think that is a truthful title for Jesus, then please show me from God's written logos where God refers to Jesus as God the Son.

Why are you trying to put words into God's mouth?

Why not simply believe the testimony that God gave of his son?

Why not believe the truth that is written and why it was written?

John 20:31

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

What is one of the reasons that these are written that we might believe what?

a. that Jesus is God the Son?

b. that Jesus is part of a three part God

c. that Jesus is fully God

d. that Jesus is fully God and fully man

e. that Caino is right

f. that Jesus is the son of God

Answer me this

Jesus told his apostles that he is The Son of God. Then he told them to keep that a secret until he left.

Did the Father retire? Jesus is in heaven now with all power and authority given to him. He had power and authority before he same down to earth.

The authorities who heard Jesus concluded the same thing in his teachings. It was used against him in his trial.

oatmeal

Demonstrating your secret conceit doesn’t make your arguments any more true. The Jews have had ample time to review the record and they still have the same scripture based reasons to reject Jesus. The problem wasn’t Jesus, the problem was an ilconceived Messiah on the part of the arrogant Jews who rewrote the Old Testament in Babylon.

The Son of God didn’t fulfill the erronious expectations of your stubborn counterparts. The Kingdom is spiritual and for ALL the world, not a self proclaimed chosen few.!

I have no "secret conceit"

My confidence in the veracity of scripture is obvious and been shown time after time

My confidence in my ability to read scripture and believe it for what is says without injecting preconceived notions into it is obvious and not hidden whatsoever.

Jesus Christ meant what he said and he said what he meant when he said, "I can of myself do nothing"

That is true of me as well, I can of myself do nothing

Without God I would not exist, the earth would not exist, the heavens would not exist, you would not exist, Jesus Christ would not exist

Caino

BANNED
Banned

He is not the only one.

Why?

If Jesus was fully God, he would say "I act based on the counsel of my own will, who has instructed me? who came before me that would be wiser than me?"

Neither I nor Jesus EVER said that the Son of God is as much God as God. The Son is ansestral to the Father and he knows it. The Father isn’t ansestral to anyone.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

He is not the only one.

Why?

God delegated all the authority God found fit to give him[/QUOTE

I have no "secret conceit"

My confidence in the veracity of scripture is obvious and been shown time after time

My confidence in my ability to read scripture and believe it for what is says without injecting preconceived notions into it is obvious and not hidden whatsoever.

Jesus Christ meant what he said and he said what he meant when he said, "I can of myself do nothing"

That is true of me as well, I can of myself do nothing

Without God I would not exist, the earth would not exist, the heavens would not exist, you would not exist, Jesus Christ would not exist

You cherry pick the scripture to support your unbelief. You go off and use secondary writings of men to undermine the meaning of Jesus’ direct words.

oatmeal

Why?

God delegated all the authority God found fit to give him[/QUOTE

You cherry pick the scripture to support your unbelief. You go off and use secondary writings of men to undermine the meaning of Jesus’ direct words.

Really?

You call referring to a scripture which you choose to ignore maybe even reject as cherry picking?

Did Jesus Christ say those words or not?

If you do not think so why would you believe anything else he said?

To be consistent you would reject all of the Christ's words.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

He is not the only one.

Why?

Really?

You call referring to a scripture which you choose to ignore maybe even reject as cherry picking?

Did Jesus Christ say those words or not?

If you do not think so why would you believe anything else he said?

To be consistent you would reject all of the Christ's words.
You suffer from over-analysis paralysis.

Jesus told us not to try to sew the new onto the old.

I take the totality of what Jesus said and did. I take what the Jews wrote about themselves with a grain of salt!