Did Christ know He was fully God?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus was God the Son, don't you think God would have used that term to describe him?

that phrase is not found in scripture, not even once.

However, in contrast to that, the scriptures use the phrase "son of God" to describe Jesus' relationship to God about 50 times.

Is Jesus "God the Son"?

No, absolutely not.

Is Jesus "the son of God"?

Yes, absolutely yes.

Yes, this so simple yet many disregard it completely.

And Caino is one of them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Caino,

Oatmeal and I don't agree with everything but as far as trinity is concerned I agree with him 100%.

God's Truth

I don't think that he knew until he was baptized by John the Baptist and tempted by the devil. It is hard to comprehend that Jesus is both God and man in one person, even if we know that he was.

So he was only tempted by the devil in the desert his whole life and you don't see that as unusual? Jesus knew he was God; and he even gave John the baptizer and his mother Elizabeth the Holy Spirit when he was still in his mother's womb.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus was God the Son, don't you think God would have used that term to describe him?

that phrase is not found in scripture, not even once.

However, in contrast to that, the scriptures use the phrase "son of God" to describe Jesus' relationship to God about 50 times.

Is Jesus "God the Son"?

No, absolutely not.

Is Jesus "the son of God"?

Yes, absolutely yes.

*then we would all be “the son of God” according to your argument.

*BTW, when Peter confessed his faith, Son is capitalized. Jesus said his Father in heaven revealed his true identity to him.

* OT Judaism didn’t know about the Son of God in Heaven through whom the world was created. So it’s not in the books that they wrote. But the Son of God IS in the NT books written about Jesus.

* the truth is the is very little in the OT books about an expected deliverer.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Caino,

Oatmeal and I don't agree with everything but as far as trinity is concerned I agree with him 100%.
Some hear without hearing. God is spirit, he creates other living beings high and low.

Was Satan also just a human? Just an angel?

God's Truth

It brings up some interesting questions, doesn't it?

How limited was God in this humanity He took on?

Jesus could have stopped being as a man anytime, but he choose to obey the plan.

Matthew 26:53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Some hear without hearing. God is spirit, he creates other living beings high and low.

Was Satan also just a human? Just an angel?

what does it have to do with doctrin of trinity you believe?

My point has been the same; you are skipping clear explanation of God and Jesus' identity.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
what does it have to do with doctrin of trinity you believe?

My point has been the same; you are skipping clear explanation of God and Jesus' identity.
You are ignoring parts of what Jesus said about himself.

He returned to heaven, he said that he now has all power and authority.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It is given by His Father which you dismiss.

No, I never dismissed or said that God the Father does not deligate authority to his divine Sons. Nor did Jesus ever say he was God the Father. He is now, always has been and will always be Gods Son. He existed before this world was.

But even Thomas doubted, until he saw the Son return from the dead.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, I never dismissed or said that God the Father does not deligate authority to his divine Sons. Nor did Jesus ever say he was God the Father. He is now, always has been and will always be Gods Son. He existed before this world was.

But even Thomas doubted, until he saw the Son return from the dead.

I know you said clearly that you are trinity believer and Jesus is God by saying God the Son.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I know you said clearly that you are trinity believer and Jesus is God by saying God the Son.

Maybe you and Oatmeal can rewrite the Bible and fix Jesus’ words where he didn’t speak right?

It sounds like you would have rejected Jesus if you lived when he was on the earth???

keypurr

Here is the correct translation.
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: And the government shall be upon his shoulders: And he shall be called Wonderful Counselor of the Mighty God and Everlasting Father; (שַׂר / minister-ing) in peace.

שַׂר minister

You will not convince him. They think the Bible is error less.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Maybe you and Oatmeal can rewrite the Bible and fix Jesus’ words where he didn’t speak right?

It sounds like you would have rejected Jesus if you lived when he was on the earth???

Why would I have rejected Jesus?

He proved over and over with the miracles He performed.

You don't make sense at all, friend.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Why would I have rejected Jesus?

He proved over and over with the miracles He performed.

You don't make sense at all, friend.

According to you, Oatmeal and other anti-divinity proponents, Jesus mislead people. Its you who doesn't make sense. That's why I suggested that you and Oatmeal should just rewrite the Bible to fix what you think Jesus got wrong.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Scribes and Pharisees get "owned" by Jesus after trying to trap him:

174:4.6 When no more questions were forthcoming, and as the noon hour was near, Jesus did not resume his teaching but was content merely to ask the Pharisees and their associates a question. Said Jesus: “Since you ask no more questions, I would like to ask you one. What do you think of the Deliverer? That is, whose son is he?” After a brief pause one of the scribes answered, “The Messiah is the son of David.” And since Jesus knew that there had been much debate, even among his own disciples, as to whether or not he was the son of David, he asked this further question: “If the Deliverer is indeed the son of David, how is it that, in the Psalm which you accredit to David, he himself, speaking in the spirit, says, `The Lord said to my lord, sit on my right hand until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet.' If David calls him Lord, how then can he be his son?” Although the rulers, the scribes, and the chief priests made no reply to this question, they likewise refrained from asking him any more questions in an effort to entangle him. They never answered this question which Jesus put to them, but after the Master's death they attempted to escape the difficulty by changing the interpretation of this Psalm so as to make it refer to Abraham instead of the Messiah. Others sought to escape the dilemma by disallowing that David was the author of this so-called Messianic Psalm." UB 1955:D

174:4.7 A short time back the Pharisees had enjoyed the manner in which the Sadducees had been silenced by the Master; now the Sadducees were delighted by the failure of the Pharisees; but such rivalry was only momentary; they speedily forgot their time-honored differences in the united effort to stop Jesus' teachings and doings. But throughout all of these experiences the common people heard him gladly.