Did Christ know He was fully God?

Gary K

Banned
There are those who claim that just refers to God having given Him the power to do so. :idunno:

I've heard people say that His humanity kept Him from knowing the extent of His Deity, and that's why He didn't make it clear.That He didn't display any Divine attributes at all.

Do you accept what I bolded above? If so, why? I would greatly disagree with that conclusion.

glorydaz

I don't think that he knew until he was baptized by John the Baptist and tempted by the devil. It is hard to comprehend that Jesus is both God and man in one person, even if we know that he was.

You don't think He knew when He failed to notify His parents to go about His "Father's business"? He was only twelve.

Luke 2:48-50
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.​

Gary K

Banned
No, I'm one of those who believe our Lord not only knew He was fully God, but He also displayed many Divine attributes. What I'd like to see is what others see from the Scripture on this issue.

OK. I wasn't quite sure what your position was. I'll post some evidence from Scripture that Jesus knew He was God and displayed divine attributes.

1. Jesus never sinned so He revealed the divine attributes of who God really is, what His character is like.
John 8: 19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
John 14: 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
2. Jesus knew He was God. Even His enemies acknowledged that He said it:
Matthew 27:43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
Mark 14:61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?
64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.
John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
3. Jesus took the OT name of God for His own.
John 8: 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
4. Jesus read men's thoughts, hearts and characters.
Matthew 19: 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
John 6: 70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

There is more evidence of Jesus knowing He was God and of Him displaying divine attributes but this should be enough to solidly establish it scripturally.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Did Christ know He was fully God?

What say you?
John 2:19 (KJV)
Yes.
There are those who claim that just refers to God having given Him the power to do so. :idunno:
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And I've been interacting with Gt today.
I've heard people say that His humanity kept Him from knowing the extent of His Deity, and that's why He didn't make it clear. That He didn't display any Divine attributes at all.
Who cares what dumb people think? :idunno: The only reason we even know about Him is because He is God. No mere man would have been able to fool billions of people into believing that He rose from the dead, for two thousand years.

Not that that's an argument for Him being God; it's just---well what would you expect? if He is God? You'd expect what actually happened. It did.

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't think He knew when He failed to notify His parents to go about His "Father's business"? He was only twelve.

48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.​

I thought about that. Can a 12 year old comprehend that he is going to be the savior of the world?

Artur Axmann

why don't you become a Jehovah's Witness and give us a break already??