Did Christ know He was fully God?

eleos

There is this:

John 6 (Jesus speaking)

46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

eleos

Exodus 3

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’ ”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

When Jesus used the "I am", it was because the Israelites knew what that meant because of the above event ... He (Jesus) was claiming to be God and therefore they accused Him of blasphemy .. that is claiming to be God.

The term I AM used in reference to God, and how God refers to Himself and Jesus is used frequently.

Revelation 1

8“I AM the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I AM the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”

God is the great I AM

eleos

John 14

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”

9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11J ust believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So was Jesus as God was growing up to be a mature God?

You might want to reread what you have written

God increased in favor with Himself?

Why? Was God disappointed with himself?

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Jesus increased in favor with God because Jesus is the son of God who was maturing as he learned and believed scripture

Jesus, being both human and divine, grew in the realization of who he already was before he created this world.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Exodus 3

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’ ”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

When Jesus used the "I am", it was because the Israelites knew what that meant because of the above event ... He (Jesus) was claiming to be God and therefore they accused Him of blasphemy .. that is claiming to be God.

The term I AM used in reference to God, and how God refers to Himself and Jesus is used frequently.

Revelation 1

8“I AM the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I AM the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”

God is the great I AM

Your reasoning is out of context with many of Jesus' own word.

Oatmeal showed that plenty.

Why do you skip simple and clear explanation of Jesus' identity?

Last edited:

oatmeal

Exodus 3

Revelation 1

God is the great I AM

Yes, God, according to the English says that He is "I am"

So, who then is
the great I AM

God does not call himself
the great I AM

Where does God call himself
the great I AM
?

Evidently, since God calls himself "I am" and you refer to
the great I AM

there is an "I am " that is greater than God.

Who is the greater than God "I am" that you refer to.

Do you know a God greater than God that is
the great I AM
?

If we are going to learn from scripture, please tell me where God, in scripture, refers to himself as
the great I AM
?

Or are you like all proponents of the trinty falsifying what scripture teaches?

If Jesus was claiming to be "I am" he would have said so

He would have said, "I am I am" not "before Abraham was, I am"

God foretold of the seed of the woman in Genesis 3:15, Jesus did not exist in Genesis, but God foretold of him

oatmeal

Jesus, being both human and divine, grew in the realization of who he already was before he created this world.

well that is not what scripture teaches

My favorite verse to clarify that God is God, men are men and that Christ Jesus is a man is I Timothy 2:5

You might want to read it carefully sometime, like that verse really matters since it is God's written logos

oatmeal

John 14

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”

9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11J ust believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.

Evidently, if Jesus was God he did not have the authority to speak as God for Jesus says his words are not his own but the Father's

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Wacky :kookoo:

I don't think Jesus was wacky: Matthew 28:18 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

But you are in company with his family:
(Matthew 12:22-30; Luke 11:14-23)
20Then Jesus went home, and once again a crowd gathered, so that He and His disciples could not even eat. 21When His family heard about this, they went out to take custody of Him, saying, “He is out of His mind.”

Caino

BANNED
Banned
well that is not what scripture teaches

My favorite verse to clarify that God is God, men are men and that Christ Jesus is a man is I Timothy 2:5

You might want to read it carefully sometime, like that verse really matters since it is God's written logos

Anti divinity people cherry pick the bible books in opposition to what Jesus himself said and did. They use secondary references about Jesus while ignoring his own quotes and actions. Jesus lead his disciples to realize his divinity. Your battle Oatmeal isn't against something that Jesus did not say, its against things Jesus did say. You can quote Timothy or Pagan Paul or Billy Bob Thornton to your hearts delight, it's Jesus that you have a problem with.

Also, the false doctrine of the inspiration of scripture has lead to division and stunted spiritual growth.

oatmeal

Anti divinity people cherry pick the bible books in opposition to what Jesus himself said and did. They use secondary references about Jesus while ignoring his own quotes and actions. Jesus lead his disciples to realize his divinity. Your battle Oatmeal isn't against something that Jesus did not say, its against things Jesus did say. You can quote Timothy or Pagan Paul or Billy Bob Thornton to your hearts delight, it's Jesus that you have a problem with.

Also, the false doctrine of the inspiration of scripture has lead to division and stunted spiritual growth.

I am sure that some of them do.

However, I am looking for all scripture on the subject of who is Jesus Christ.

If you are going to ignore I Timothy 2:5 which is clear as it can be, why should I let you assume that

"I and my Father are one"

means things that are not written?

Did I ask you?

What does John 10:30 state?

a. I and my Father are God

b. I and my Father are two parts of a three part God, but I do not know why the Holy Spirit is not one with us?

c. I and my Father are one

Why do trinitarians reject "c" in favor of "a"?

One means one, God means God

Three means three, son means son, Father means Father.

Why not start with reading words for their face value instead of reading your threeology into them?

Which verse states that God is triune?

There is none. Genesis 1:26 does not say that "Les us, the triune God, ...."

You have made the commandments and truths of God of none effect by your theology

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I am sure that some of them do.

However, I am looking for all scripture on the subject of who is Jesus Christ.

If you are going to ignore I Timothy 2:5 which is clear as it can be, why should I let you assume that

"I and my Father are one"

means things that are not written?

Did I ask you?

What does John 10:30 state?

a. I and my Father are God

b. I and my Father are two parts of a three part God, but I do not know why the Holy Spirit is not one with us?

c. I and my Father are one

Why do trinitarians reject "c" in favor of "a"?

One means one, God means God

Three means three, son means son, Father means Father.

Why not start with reading words for their face value instead of reading your threeology into them?

Which verse states that God is triune?

There is none. Genesis 1:26 does not say that "Les us, the triune God, ...."

You have made the commandments and truths of God of none effect by your theology

John 10:30 is the divine Son of God incarnate proclaiming that his will and his spirit is in alignment with his Fathers. To have seen Jesus, to know Jesus, is to experience the existential personification of the Father in his Son.

The Bible reveals “plural manifestation” , it doesn’t use the term Triune or trinity. Trinity came later as a consequence of the revelation of the existence of a divine Son of God who incarnate as a man in Judaism. Believers in Jesus barrowed existing concepts of a Trinity as an explanation for believing in God, his divine Son incarnate, and his teaching about a Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

eleos

My comment at the bottom was more so a personal one. God is Almighty, God is Great, God is the great I AM. I AM .... it is His name.

Exodus 3

13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”a And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ *****This is my name forever****, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My comment at the bottom was more so a personal one. God is Almighty, God is Great, God is the great I AM. I AM .... it is His name.

Exodus 3

13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”a And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ *****This is my name forever****, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

why do you keep skipping Jesus' clear and simple word?

I hope you think about that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 10:30 is the divine Son of God incarnate proclaiming that his will and his spirit is in alignment with his Fathers. To have seen Jesus, to know Jesus, is to experience the existential personification of the Father in his Son.

The Bible reveals “plural manifestation” , it doesn’t use the term Triune or trinity. Trinity came later as a consequence of the revelation of the existence of a divine Son of God who incarnate as a man in Judaism. Believers in Jesus came up with or narrowed existing concepts of a Trinity as an explanation for believing in God, his divine Son incarnate, and his teaching about a Holy Spirit.

I hope you pay attention to oatmeal's explanation of deception of trinity.

He is showing abundant of Jesus' simple and clear word brilliantly.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I hope you pay attention to oatmeal's explanation of deception of trinity.

He is showing abundant of Jesus' simple and clear word brilliantly.
Oatmeal has an anti-divinity agenda just like the authors of the Old Testament had a pro Monotheistic agenda while surrounded by Religions with inferior concepts of deity as polytheistic, multiple individual Gods unrelated to each other.