Dead tiger bigger victim than dead man?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

There are so many possible lines here...from the innocuous "I heard you rowr--are you woman?" with apologies to Helen Reddy, to the more risqué, "You're nothing but a great big kitty, aren't you?" And a million variations on that theme. You know, "I see you're new. That makes you a kitty baby, doesn't it?" There's no bottom to that well---well, there is, but at that point you're :banned: and it doesn't really count....tail chasing alone could be plundered ad nauseam.

Hey, how'd you do the name change in mid-stream?

I tell you, the boy's connected...now if we only knew to what. :think:

MindOverMatter

MOM knows what your main purpose is but she is still going to try to ask you all nicely. Now, Town Heretic, Zoo, Ktoyou, and the rest of the children, instead of trying to derail and muddle, can you all please be constructive and answer the points that were made on this thread. It might be a hard thing for you all to do, but can you all try. MOM knows that you all enjoy talking about nothing, but there are some important things which are still being discussed. For instance, before MOM is able to get to it, maybe one of you all can use your minds to help Noguru with his last posting and show him where he has made a mistake?
Noguru POST # 654 Thank you for your cooperation.

You are either purposely misrepresenting what I have said or you are excersising selective memory. I have stated emphatically that nothing can happen without opportunity. Since it is a universal factor of any equation for all phenomenon, it is not a meaningful reason. It is not something that can be used to distinguish reason. Are you familiar with the basic rules of math?

In this following equation opporunity (x) can be removed from both sides because it is universal.

x(y+1) = x(z-1)

It is certainly a factor in predicting whether an action is possible. But not in determining the animals motivation after the fact. Now in recognizing this, if we eliminate the opportunity (make a container from which the tiger cannot escape) then the possibility of a tiger attacking a customer at a zoo becomes a null set.

It would be as if x = 0 zero, as opposed to 1. If x = 1, we could still have a non-zero value for this equation. If x = 0, then both sides of the equation would = 0. If x = 1, then the probability of z = (y + 2). If x = 0, then no value of probability can be assigned to either z or y.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
MOM knows what your main purpose is but she is still going to try to ask you all nicely. Now, Town Heretic, Zoo, Ktoyou, and the rest of the children, instead of trying to derail and muddle, can you all please be constructive and answer the points that were made on this thread. It might be a hard thing for you all to do, but can you all try. MOM knows that you all enjoy talking about nothing, but there are some important things which are still being discussed. For instance, before MOM is able to get to it, maybe one of you all can use your minds to help Noguru with his last posting and show him where he has made a mistake?
Noguru POST # 654 Thank you for your cooperation.

MOM, with respect, that's been done and done...we began by discussing rationally, but you've taken to championing the absurd and steadfastly refusing both reasoned and reasonable attempts to illustrate the spiraling (as if to earth) incongruity of your position.

Remember the bright kid in some class or another, determined to be noticed or marked as different by virtue of his or her willingness to take a contrary position, no matter how absurd, and apply intelligence to its defense? Most schools have them...They inevitably mistake opposition with a rite of passage toward the goal of wide recognition and respect. In this they fail to understand that mercenary reason, applied for its own glory, is a fool's game and never valued. Their honor scars are mostly self-inflicted and at the end of the day, when they might most desire to be understood, the cry of their voice deafens accustomed ears to any recognition beyond the sound and fury of it.

Last edited:

koban

MOM, with respect, that's been done and done...we began by discussing rationally, but you've taken to championing the absurd and steadfastly refusing both reasoned and reasonable attempts to illustrate the spiraling (as if to earth) incongruity of your position.

Remember the bright kid in some class or another, determined to be noticed or marked as different by virtue of his or her willingness to take a contrary position, no matter how absurd, and apply intelligence to its defense? Most schools have them...They inevitably mistake opposition with a rite of passage toward the goal of wide recognition and respect. In this they fail to understand that mercenary reason, applied for its own glory, is a fool's game and never valued. Their honor scars are mostly self-inflicted and at the end of the day, when they might most desire to be understood, the sound of their voice deafens accustomed ears to any recognition beyond the sound and fury of it.

Dang son, you shure talk pretty!

I was going to answer her like this:

For instance, before MOM is able to get to it, maybe one of you all can use your minds to help Noguru with his last posting and show him where he has made a mistake?

Noguru - your mistake was in responding to the moron.

zoo22

MOM knows what your main purpose is but she is still going to try to ask you all nicely.

We'll see about that.

Now, Town Heretic, Zoo, Ktoyou, and the rest of the children,

"Children?" See, now that's just not nice.

I was pretty sure it wasn't actually going to be nice.

But I suppose that's subjective. Well, if I'm the subject, it's not nice.

instead of trying to derail and muddle, can you all please be constructive and answer the points that were made on this thread.

:plain:

I, well, hm. It's ... Oh, nevermind.

It might be a hard thing for you all to do, but can you all try.

Hard? Tell me about it. Try? If you mean attempting a "discussion" with you that's based in reality, I gave up on any attempt at that that up a while back.

MOM knows that you all enjoy talking about nothing,

I can't speak for us all, but I also enjoy talking about tigers (in addition to nothing and other things). Admittedly, I didn't know how much until recently.

but there are some important things which are still being discussed. For instance, before MOM is able to get to it, maybe one of you all can use your minds to help Noguru with his last posting and show him where he has made a mistake?

Sure. That's simple. The mistake NoGuru made was trying to interact with you rationally.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You must be mistaken.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can't speak for us all, but I also enjoy talking about tigers (in addition to nothing and other things). Admittedly, I didn't know how much until recently.

What's that? :poly:

More Fun Facts For Your Infotainment. :thumb:

The size of a tiger's territory depends on the amount of food available.

A zoo located near a dense population :)rolleyes:) is a real plus.

At night, the tiger can see well over 6 times better than humans (in your face bipeds!).

On the downside, they smell worse.

Average life span of Tigers that live in the wild? About 10 years old.

Average life span of Tigers that live in zoos? About 25yrs.

Average life span of Tigers that live in zoos and eat people? About twenty minutes plus their current age...

"Tigers are perhaps the most notorious big cat for man-eating. In fact the single greatest man-eater is history is believed to be the Champawat Tigress who killed over four hundred thirty people in India decades ago until she was finally killed by the great Jim Corbett." *
(Or, as he was known among the tigers, "Grrrrrrrr.") **

"Tigers are highly ferocious and unlike the laid back male lion, it's never wise to turn your back to a tiger even in captivity. Even seasoned zoo keepers report tigers assume a stalking position and prepare to strike when they turn their back to them in the cage." *

An even worse idea? Loaning a tiger money. :nono:

Special thanks to Tiger Watch and Omar Ashref * for some of the data presented.

And by some I mean the credible parts…which means the incredible parts are mine.

**Thanks for the inspiration, stripe. :e4e:

:plain:…what? (I’m thinking this might be my new in-post signature.)

zoo22

At night, the tiger can see well over 6 times better than humans (in your face bipeds!).

On the downside, they smell worse.

I know the answer to this one!

Subjective! Subjectivesubjective!

Also "downside" is relative!! And subjective!! Relubjective!! ...Extra credit??