Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

There are many kinds of evidence in the world.

The question of existence can be considered a separate discussion. But if there is an intersection I imagine it would be in that if you know a thing exists it is either evidence of something else or there is evidence to prove that it does. But we don't have to talk about both or either of these.

We can talk about existence. But in what sense?

If you have evidence for something can you form a theory about that thing?
A theory is only ever provisional, and it is based on an assumption that observations are not illusions. There is no other basis on which to progress with the use of evidence to determine whether something should be called a fact or not.

Stuart

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A theory is only ever provisional, and it is based on an assumption that observations are not illusions. There is no other basis on which to progress with the use of evidence to determine whether something should be called a fact or not.

Stuart
Is evidence automatically fact?

What do we do when people talk about interpreting the evidence?

What makes a fact a fact?

Stuu

So you believe that the Plants Developed the Medicines, For Themselves, and it's Just by Chance that They Help Man?
I think nicotine demonstrates my point perfectly. It is a particularly good example because nicotine is poisonous, and also happens to be addictive by coincidence.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Do you mean this?

Try this:
whale_evo.jpg

Stuart

Yes, Stuu;

How do you believe that All those Different Types of Species, Speciated out of Each other?

=M=

What doesn't make Sense to me, is an Animal Giving Birth To anything, But It's Own Species.

So how does Speciation Happen, Anyway?

If you explain it well enough, maybe I'll Finally be able to Understand it, and then believe It, Too. LOL

Then Evolutionism Can become My Religion, Too.

LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

Stuu

Is evidence automatically fact?

What do we do when people talk about interpreting the evidence?

What makes a fact a fact?
Evidence isn't necessarily the same thing as a fact. You can't "see evolution", except in a metaphorical sense, but it is a fact that evolution is going on constantly. We still need a body of evidence that supports the theory, and an absence of evidence that contradicts it.

Which is exactly what we have, in the case of evolution by natural selection.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Evidence isn't necessarily the same thing as a fact. You can't "see evolution", except in a metaphorical sense, but it is a fact that evolution is going on constantly. We still need a body of evidence that supports the theory, and an absence of evidence that contradicts it.

Which is exactly what we have, in the case of evolution by natural selection.

Stuart

It Sounds More to Me, Like Evolutionists Have been Finding Fossils for 150+ Years, and they Still Don't have Any Evidence that Anything Ever Speciated.

How Strange.... It's Almost Like the Theory Of Evolution, isn't based off Reality, but the Beliefs of a Hundred Drunk old God Hating Men. LOL!!!

=M=

Stuu

Why do you believe Man Looked like an Ape Like Being 3.2 Million Years Ago, but All Other Modern Living Creatures are Supposed to have Been around For Tens of Millions of Years?
As I think I have explained already, you won't find as much evolutionary change in species that aren't experiencing change in their environments. Humans have moved out of an arboreal existence onto the African savannah, so all the changes that give an advantage in that new environment have happened to us, whereas the chimpanzee has only changed in relatively smaller ways: bonobos are closely related to other chimpanzees but diverged from them due to a population being split by the appearance of the Congo river. The availability of food is different on each side of the river and this has resulted in species with different sizes of animals, and very different behaviours within the tribes.

Stuart

Stuu

Yes, Stuu;

How do you believe that All those Different Types of Species, Speciated out of Each other?

=M=

What doesn't make Sense to me, is an Animal Giving Birth To anything, But It's Own Species.

So how does Speciation Happen, Anyway?

If you explain it well enough, maybe I'll Finally be able to Understand it, and then believe It, Too. LOL

Then Evolutionism Can become My Religion, Too.

LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!
Read the Blind Watchmaker. Then you will understand.

It's not like the bible; it has stuff that IS necessarily true, as the Gershwins might have put it.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
As I think I have explained already, you won't find as much evolutionary change in species that aren't experiencing change in their environments. Humans have moved out of an arboreal existence onto the African savannah, so all the changes that give an advantage in that new environment have happened to us, whereas the chimpanzee has only changed in relatively smaller ways: bonobos are closely related to other chimpanzees but diverged from them due to a population being split by the appearance of the Congo river. The availability of food is different on each side of the river and this has resulted in species with different sizes of animals, and very different behaviours within the tribes.

Stuart

LOL

Sounds Good, How do I know, if I should believe Evols, If they have already been Proved to have lied about Missing Links?

Kent Has some Great Material, though, He Has Problems with Tectonic Plate Movements on Mars.

That Sounds Like More of a, "belief System", Than Science to Me, but I guess Everybody is Entitled to Their Opinion, and If you think Believing in Information that Has Never Been Confirmed Is Science, than I guess you have a Right.

=M=

Stuu

Sounds Good, How do I know, if I should believe Evols, If they have already been Proved to have lied about Missing Links?
I don't think you should just "believe [real scientists]".

I think you should consider all claims critically for yourself.

It's just a shame that you don't seem to be able to do that when reading creationist propaganda.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
You want me to watch a video made by a man who is in jail until 2017 for lying to the taxation department?

No thanks.

Stuart

I think He Gets out in 2015, Actually.

Yes He Is in Jail, for Selling the Material that I'm showing you.

See, He Sold His Videos, that He Paid for, and Paid taxes when He Purchased the Tapes.

Then He Placed his Information on the Tapes and Sold them, And didn't Charge Taxes When He Did.

Now he is in Jail.

The Government, However, Seems to be Pretty Selective about who they go after for Tax Evasion.

He should not be In Jail.

=M=

I'd listen to him if I were you, He sounds like he knows more about the Subject than you do.

I Hope that When He "Gets Out", He Debates Bill Nye on CNN. That would Just, well it would make me Skip all over the Place again, like the Man in that Last Music Video.

How many Times does a Man have to Pay taxes, on one Item, for the item to be able to be His to Sell?

======================================

Here is the Real Reason he is in Jail;

Kent Hovind is currently in prison for giving thousands of debates and lectures against the teaching of evolution and for exposing the "New World Order" to millions of Americans, and people around the world.

Which is Why none of you Know my Real Name; Because I Do Believe in Prison Time.

C YA.

Stuu

So now your commitment to fantasy conspiracy versions of natural history makes you defend jailed criminals!

He's hardly Nelson Mandela.

Stuart

DavisBJ

Do you believe creation is a scientific theory?
As I have said earlier, I appreciate your consistent politeness. I really wish that along with that demeanor, you respected the norms of how to have a productive discussion. Two posts ago I asked you a very clear and relevant question about what wiki says about whale evolution. Instead of having the common respect to answer, you simply countered with a question of your own.

I answered that question promptly and directly, and then repeated the question you had avoided. Your response was to again not answer, but instead to pose yet another question. If the normal mode of exchange is going to be for me to answer and you to dodge answering, then perhaps your Christian ethics are no more than a veneer.

I will gladly answer your question about creationism being a scientific theory, but if in response you elect to not participate on an equal and honest basis, then let’s just call off this farce.

For creationism to be a scientific theory, it would need to conform to what the science shows. But what the science shows, as regarding whale evolution, is what you are adamantly dodging giving answer to. Answer the question I asked twice before, and then have the integrity to face what that says about creationism being a scientific theory.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Alwight & Davis,

How are you both doing today?? I see that Unintellectual is so extremely polite and it is honorable. I'm proud of him. But I sense that he might be a foreigner of some type, like he doesn't always understand English well or something. Well, did you have a successful day??

I'm still trying to decide whether I want to be OEC or YEC. It's like 40-60 right now. God could definitely have stretched the Heavens enough in the past 6,000 years to make it 'seem' like we have a large Universe. I know there is a veil up and you can't yet see Him, but He can see you. You'll just die when that day comes!! I really think there is truly a 4th Dimension after all. Who would have thought.

Well, love you both!!!

Praise the Lord!

Michael

DavisBJ

Oh, Come on BJ;

I think, I already Fully Addressed ...
Not much interested in corresponding with you a third time, when on both of the prior encounters you ran away when you didn’t like the way things were headed.

If, on the off-chance you actually show some personal integrity, then answer the two prior issues you are still hiding from. Do that, and I will be glad to consider some of your new claims.

Prior issue 1:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3989451&postcount=4538

Prior issue 2:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3989674&postcount=4544

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

How're you doing Al?? Did you learn anything from Mark today? I believe him too. Any speciation is just done by God creating animals that are similar. It's too bad you all are falling for it and believing that there is no God, but they all changed by themselves. I don't care what anyone says, the whale was created first from the waters. The Rhino was created the next Day.

You are just about as polite as Untellectual is, Alwight!! That's a fantastic trait to have. You do know that I was OEC, but YEC seems safer. At least if I'm wrong, I won't have to suffer. I'm also wrong about a couple of other things, but to my chagrin, most of what I have experienced from the Lord, the angels, the Holy Ghost and my visions are accurate to a T. I've been through some times that would have Moses rolling over in his grave. Not to be disrespectful. I love him tons. He's not in a grave any longer. He was resurrected when Jesus was on the Earth a couple thousand-plus some years ago.

Well, my 'service engine soon' light is finally off. I had to get a part put in. It was relatively cheap. $200 for the part and installation. I bought the part at O'Reilly's Auto Parts, but then had my mechanic install it for a good price. The next thing I want is new door window motors replaced. Oh, maybe before that, I will cop me some new struts. Yes, that definitely. I'll find out how much they are charging these days sometime next week.

My nephew, and his girlfriend and her kids are coming over this Sunday for a pool party and we're going to jam down on guitars and microphones. I'm thinking I will wheel out my amplifier using a hand cart/dolly. We're gonna have fun!!

We're also going to have Tabouli Salad (fine wheat and parsley salad with tomatoes) and also Hommous Tahini (a delicious appetizer). I'm not cooking for everyone. Out here in AZ, summertime is not the time for BarBQ.

Well, will let you go now. You take real good care of your Mom and give her a Big Hug for me and tell her it is from one of your friends!! Thanks, Alwight!

Best Wishes and Regards,

Michael

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.