Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

I have said nothing about the flood. I started with, and have consistently been referring to what is described in Genesis 1.

What does the fossil record actually show as to whether birds and whales preceded land animals?

Ellen G White first proposed that the flood explained such evidence, based upon her vision after a couple head injuries. Prior to that the YECs were more reasonable.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How do you determine there is value in that?
A view can be evaluated for whether or not it agrees with the Biblical texts. In so far that YEC does not deviate from what the Bible says, it is correct. If you can find another different view that does not disagree with the Biblical text, it might have value as well... whether it ends up being correct or not.

In my life I have held to both YEC views and OEC (Old Earth Creationism) views, as well as to Intelligent Design. But there may be other views on the Biblical text that are no less true or even more true than what you would hear from any of these views.

I know some people say truth is in a constant state of flux. Well, maybe. But I know there are absolute truths in the world. I know there is objective truth. And I know there are different ways of interpreting anything in the world, whether the words we use are intended to be literal or not.

The Bible is literally true. That which we find in the Bible is not false, it really is true. The Bible can be interpreted literally. As a general rule this makes sense. If the plain truth makes sense seek no other sense. As for the Bible as a scientific book, it may or may not be... but it shouldn't be found to deviate from true science. As for it as an historical book, it doesn't disagree with history even though people can come to false conclusions in studying the history it relates. As for a book of literature or its literary value it is timeless. In terms of textual criticism it can be shown to be meet many tests, even exceeding the tests given to other ancient literature/texts.

So, I know the Bible is true. I know God's word is true. I know the Bible can summarily be called the word of God. Now we can talk about the interpretations, knowing that the Bible itself says that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation. Prophecy is telling the truth. There is foretelling and forth telling. When people make predictions in our world, those predictions can take many forms. They can be apocalyptic, people trying to tell the future, or people simply taking available evidence to show what is likely to occur, such as with mathematics or chemistry and physics (math and any scientific discipline). But when a preacher preaches the word of God we can always go back to the scriptures to see if what the person has said agrees with what we find in God's word.

Acts 17:11 NASB - Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have said nothing about the flood. I started with, and have consistently been referring to what is described in Genesis 1.

What does the fossil record actually show as to whether birds and whales preceded land animals?
That is a great question. I don't know. What does the Biblical record say happened first (in creation) and what happened with the world-wide flood in terms of the fossil record?

DavisBJ

That is a great question. I don't know. What does the Biblical record say happened first (in creation) and what happened with the world-wide flood in terms of the fossil record?
For whales, look in wiki under “Evolution of Cetaceans” and let us know what it says the relationship between whales and land animals is.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
For whales, look in wiki under “Evolution of Cetaceans” and let us know what it says the relationship between whales and land animals is.

I have read it,

Believe it or not, Whales Since they are Milk producing Mammals, Are Supposed to Once Lived on Land;

Or,

Here; First it lived in the Water, then it Crawled out as A Tiktaalikc FOssil or something like that, then After that, it became a Mammal, then It Decided to Go back to the Water to become a Whale, Which Eventually, it grew legs and became a Hippo, then the Hippo Became A Rhino!!!!

Horray!!!!!!! Evolution Makes no Sense, and Yes that Was One Sentence.

=M=

And all this "CHANGE" Happened, Over Lots of Time, For No Reason at All, other than the Billion Chance Theory, and It Needed To.

LOLOL!!!!!

Last edited:

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Oh, Come on BJ;

I think, I already Fully Addressed How the Evolution of the Whale is Fully Ridiculous.

=M=

And Furthermore, Atheist Evolutionists "Believe" that, there were Plenty of Creatures in Between the Sequence of The Evolution that I posted Earlier; Even though, there are No Fossils of Intermediate Creatures between the creatures I listed.

Evolution, is a Belief System; Being that you Believe in Fossils that Don't Exist.

Finally, I'm going to ask this one More Time, in hopes that I may Get a Sufficient answer to my Question;

If you believe that Natural Causes are behind Everything that Exists; How do you Think Medicines that Effect Man in Positive Ways, arrived in Plants?

The Evol I'm Looking For, is the One who Says; "=M= Those Medicines Arrived in those Plants, cause they were trying to Spread their Kind, So........ then........ they Invented Medicines for the Humans to Use, Naturally......".

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Agrees with what?

Scripture??

Stuart
There are many kinds of evidence in the world.

The question of existence can be considered a separate discussion. But if there is an intersection I imagine it would be in that if you know a thing exists it is either evidence of something else or there is evidence to prove that it does. But we don't have to talk about both or either of these.

We can talk about existence. But in what sense?

If you have evidence for something can you form a theory about that thing?

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Can you link to where you did that?

Stuart

Back one Page;

I summarized the Evolution of the Whale.

If you know of any Intermediate Fossils Between any of the Creatures I Listed, Please Feel Free to Post a Link or A Picture of it, in your next Post.

=M=

Hey, Look Evols!!!

It's Your Granny!!!

sci20081015tiktaalik-sm.jpg

Stuu

How do you Think Medicines that Effect Man in Positive Ways, arrived in Plants?
By the same means that the chemical substances that affect humans in negative ways arrived in plants.

For example, nicotine is found in tobacco leaves because it is an insecticide produced by the plant to kill potential attackers.

Stuart

Stuu

One thing I know there Isn't any of, is Evidence that Proves Evolution.
There is no evidence that proves anything. It's not a matter of proof.

So, if you mean to ask what evidence supports the theory of natural selection as the explanation for the variety of life on earth, then please explain without invoking evolution by natural selection why there are remains of animals not alive today that appear then disappear in the fossil record.

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
By the same means that the chemical substances that affect humans in negative ways arrived in plants.

For example, nicotine is found in tobacco leaves because it is an insecticide produced by the plant to kill potential attackers.

Stuart

Hmm...

So you believe that the Plants Developed the Medicines, For Themselves, and it's Just by Chance that They Help Man?

What do you make of the Number of Herbs that Contain Medicines For Man?

https://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/comindxa.html

I mean, if it was Just By Chance, wouldn't just a Few of the Plants Produce Food and Medicines; If it were Random, Why Are there So Many Plants that Benefit Man?

=M=

Also, What do you make of the Chemical that Helps Man In Garlic?

It is Oxygen Activated, so the Chemical isn't active until Exposed to Air, or Chewed.

Also, when you Eat Garlic, you Eat the Seed, so that blows the Whole It wanted to Spread it's Seed Theory.

=================================

Music Video;

The Fool on the Hill - Beatles

The Guy Skipping in this Video, is Actually Me.

Ok, It's not really me, but that's How I feel Every Day After Spending it Proving Evolution Unfounded, and Not Based in Reality, Whatsoever.

Last edited:

Stuu

Back one Page;

I summarized the Evolution of the Whale.

If you know of any Intermediate Fossils Between any of the Creatures I Listed, Please Feel Free to Post a Link or A Picture of it, in your next Post.

Do you mean this?

Here; First it lived in the Water, then it Crawled out as A Tiktaalikc FOssil or something like that, then After that, it became a Mammal, then It Decided to Go back to the Water to become a Whale, Which Eventually, it grew legs and became a Hippo, then the Hippo Became A Rhino!!!!

Try this:
whale_evo.jpg

Stuart

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
There is no evidence that proves anything. It's not a matter of proof.

So, if you mean to ask what evidence supports the theory of natural selection as the explanation for the variety of life on earth, then please explain without invoking evolution by natural selection why there are remains of animals not alive today that appear then disappear in the fossil record.

Stuart

No Stuu;

What I Mean to Ask Is; Why do you believe Man Looked like an Ape Like Being 3.2 Million Years Ago, but All Other Modern Living Creatures are Supposed to have Been around For Tens of Millions of Years?

=M=

And;

Why can't Evolutionists ever answer this Simply Understood Question?

How can Survival of the Fittest, and Reproduction alone, ever lead to Speciation, or a More complex life form?

After All, Evols do believe that All life formed from a Single, Single Celled Organism.
So please explain how a Single Celled organism, becomes a Multi-Cellular Organism....

Status
Not open for further replies.