College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Two Big Ten teams should be in. But they won't.

Notre Dame is officially out having lost to a better than average but way overrated Stanford. When the ball went through the uprights for Stanford I imagined something we haven't seen since the 1984 season. An USC-Ohio State Rose Bowl game. I am not sure Stanford has the talent to beat USC. They certainly have better coaching and play better, but sometimes that whole "better players" gets in the way.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Notre Dame is eliminated.

Oklahoma has a big lead on Oklahoma St.

Looks like Florida St. is going to beat Florida.

So, Oklahoma is the first team in.

The Michigan St./Iowa winner will be one of the teams.

If Alabama and Clemson win out, then the Final Four playoff teams are set.

However, if Florida and/or North Carolina win, then things get interesting again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MSU and OSU?

It depends. The short answer is 3 of the 5 best teams in America are in the Big Ten. The other two are Alabama and Clemson. You pick the order. My guess is just as good.

And the argument the SEC and ESPN makes is the SEC plays a tougher schedule. They had LSU and Alabama in the initial poll. The Big Ten East is the best division even with those two other markets schools Rutgers and Maryland.

Scenario time. If Iowa smothers Michigan State in a low scoring game, Iowa is in, OSU to the Rose Bowl. I am not sure about who gets to pick the bowl games with the playoff. I would have to go read. If MSU wins in a blowout, not likely, then that committee will look a little harder at MSU and OSU.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The short answer is 3 of the 5 best teams in America are in the Big Ten. The other two are Alabama and Clemson. You pick the order.

I don't know about that.

Oklahoma has looked pretty darn good the last few weeks.

They just beat #6 Baylor, #18 TCU, and it looks like they are going to beat #11 Oklahoma State tonight.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I agree. Their defense is much better than the rest of the Big 12, but not nearly as good as Clemson, Alabama, Michigan State or Ohio State. That leads to problems.

They just beat #6 Baylor, #18 TCU

Michigan State did that also and still isn't respected.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you bitter over Joe Montana?

No, I hated Notre Dame long before the Steelers said "no" to Joe Montana.

The irony is Montana chose Notre Dame because he idolized Steeler QB Terry Hanratty, who was a Notre Dame QB.

As much disdain I have for them, I don't hold that against Montana.

Back in the 70's, Notre Dame was even bigger than they are now, they had just won the National Championship the year before Montana went there. So, it's understandable why he went there.

I don't how much you remember of 1977, but it was one of the most bizarre finishes in college football history, with 6 one-loss teams.

That final week in 1977 involved Woody Hayes, Bear Bryant, Joe Paterno, Lou Holtz, Bo Schembechler, Barry Switzer, Dan Devine, Joe Montana, Warren Moon, and Earl Campbell.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I'm not sold on Clemson.

They barely beat South Carolina today. South Carolina lost to The Citadel last week.

Same thing with North Carolina. They lost to South Carolina.

If Clemson or North Carolina were in the Big 10, they would be the 5th or 6th best team in the Big 10

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sold on Clemson.

They beat Florida State who has plenty of players going to the combine when their 3 year parole is up. That should count for something.

If Clemson or North Carolina were in the Big 10, they would be the 5th or 6th best team in the Big 10

I think that is a little steep. North Carolina pummeled Illinois. Yes, Illinois is a bottom dweller but they are much better than what previous coach Tim Beckman put them through. I think they are going to be one more mouth to feed in an already tough division.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know about that.

They just beat #6 Baylor, #18 TCU, and it looks like they are going to beat #11 Oklahoma State tonight.

I agree. I think it'd be hard to keep OU out of the top 4.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree. I think it'd be hard to keep OU out of the top 4.

Maybe I am wrong. Oklahoma has something in common with Ohio State. Back to back bowl wins against Alabama. Maybe Alabama should be left out.