College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
September 3 will be here before we know it. :banana:

The short version is Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State (yes, they all have that much talent) Michigan State and possibly USC. USC had the real best QB prospect last year. The scholarship sanctions against USC have expired and they will not be devoid of talent. This also means Oregon will again slide back a bit without the top talent of Southern California having a place to play.

Michigan State you say? Yep. They are very good on both sides of the ball at the line of scrimmage. And getting better. Two of Illinois' best lineman are headed to Sparty (Illinois will continue to suck).

Cody Kessler of USC quietly threw 39 touchdowns against just 5 interceptions. 70% complete for 3800 yards. But many don't know about this pro-style prospect because of the hoopla of Winston and Mariotta.

We will find out if Steve Sarkasian was the right choice for coach for USC. He was the coach at Washington. I can see taking the upgrade myself. Year two has expectations at all football factories.

I also put Baylor close because the Big 12 stinks. Then again the committee looked at the non-conference schedule and held it against them. But maybe not as much as Ohio State pounding Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big Ten championship game. Baylor, like last year, plays nobody outside their weak conference schedule. In fact, they are dead last in strength of schedule for 2015. They are playing a DII team that moved to DIAA (FCS) this year. Don't hurt yourselves. The good part is, this will stop for all the power 5 schools with the playoff. But since schedules are done in advance, they are still playing a "BCS" schedule.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jimbo Fisher has suspended FSU quarterback De'Andre Johnson indefinitely. I guess they aren't waiting on him to embarrass them over and over like Winston did.

According to the sources, Johnson was involved in an argument with the woman after she cut in front of him while they were waiting to order drinks at a bar near the FSU campus. Witnesses told police the woman raised her arms and then Johnson grabbed them and punched her in the face.

Johnson, from First Coast High School in Jacksonville, Florida, has not been charged with a crime. Police did not interview Johnson on Wednesday night because he had left the bar. Tallahassee attorney Tim Jansen, who has represented FSU student-athletes in the past, told ESPN.com on Thursday that he was unaware of the incident.

This when football fans lament the offseason and the troubles it brings.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dalvin Cook of Free Shoes University is the latest Criminole to be suspended indefinitely. And he is being charged with a crime this time.

What an idiot. He is a star and a NFL prospect. There is a lesson and not just a heaven/hell lesson with the Lord Jesus Christ saying it is better to pluck out your eye than have the whole body cast in hell.

Why even put yourself in those situations? I don't get it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just over a month away. FSU is in jeopardy, not because of talent but because of inexperience. They need to get some games under their belt.

Same with Alabama, but Saban has shown he develops players. And he has a roster full of 4 and 5 star talent. Which is why I have them above Auburn.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am waiting for the day when Urban Meyer and his trainer that goes with him from school to school are busted in an FBI steroid ring. Not that I have anything against him.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We're adjusting to the new SEC reality in terms of play and our defense will be stout, but the real question is qb. We'll contend or simply hang around on the strength of play at the position, given our new offensive philosophy.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
unionization was denied at northwestern
and
I disagree with the ruling

it should have been allowed
so
they could suffer the consequences of their actions

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
unionization was denied at northwestern
and
I disagree with the ruling

it should have been allowed
so
they could suffer the consequences of their actions

Obama (National Labor Board) is not for the working or common man. They are for the union leadership that strips wealth from the economy. This was fully predictable.

john w

Hall of Fame
Mizzou should have a good season -

mizzouhelmet.jpg

NCAA-Mizzou-Primary_Logo.png

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

that is a pretty awesome helmet. it's hard to get a good look at it on TV, because they move like lightning, LOL. it's one of the best helmets in college, imo -

I have always loved Missouri Tigers basketball, football and baseball. now my brother is a sophomore there and joined the Army as a senior in high school - we don't talk much now -

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As long as they don't line up against the Hoosiers again. Then again, the second best running back in America is in the NFL now.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
when i was a kid and young man there was always a Notre Dame game on saturday
i'm part irish so i liked them the most - Lou Holtz, gold helmets. great teams

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have always loved Missouri Tigers basketball, football

It's that time of the year....when I have to remind everyone just how many National Championships the Missouri Tigers have won at football:

ZERO

Since you brought up basketball also....let me remind everyone how many National Championships the Missouri Tigers have won at basketball:

ZERO

Here is the Missouri Tigers' Trophy Case:

empty_trophy_case.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's that time of the year....when I have to remind everyone just how many National Championships the Missouri Tigers have won at football:

ZERO

Since you brought up basketball also....let me remind everyone how many National Championships the Missouri Tigers have won at basketball:

ZERO

Here is the Missouri Tigers' Trophy Case:

empty_trophy_case.jpg

we are patient here. we take time building quality programs. heck, we were in the big 8. then the big 12. now we dominate the sec. we rock, and we aren't even trying yet. they'll show you -

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
we are patient here. we take time building quality programs.

Missouri has had a football team since 1890

That's 125 years.

In 125 years, not only has Missouri not won a National Championship, they haven't even played for a National Championship.

In 125 years, Missouri has managed to play in just 10 major bowl games.

In 125 years, Missouri has produced ZERO Heisman Trophy winners.