College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BTW, I hate Ohio State.

I want to point out good news for you. I have Big Ten Football and Beyond on the BTN right now. Ohio State has another long streak and it is the longest in FBS, 15 straight road game wins. Which I have to say is impressive. But they are in serious jeopardy. Serious because it seems the Ohio State problem that has existed all year isn't going to get fixed. Bad coaching on game day.

edit: Do you also hate Christian Laettner?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I want to point out good news for you. I have Big Ten Football and Beyond on the BTN right now. Ohio State has another long streak and it is the longest in FBS, 15 straight road game wins. Which I have to say is impressive. But they are in serious jeopardy. Serious because it seems the Ohio State problem that has existed all year isn't going to get fixed. Bad coaching on game day.

Here is the worst nightmare for the Big 10:

Iowa loses to Nebraska, but then beats Michigan St, Michigan, or Ohio St in the Big 10 Championship Game.

If that happens, the Big 10 could be left out of the playoff if Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame win out.

The other nightmare scenario for the Big 10 is if Michigan wins the Big 10 and Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame win out. Would the committee pick a two-loss team over a one-loss team?

edit: Do you also hate Christian Laettner?

Of course.

I was in my mid-20's and in love with Steve Fisher and the Fab Five. I thought they were the coolest thing to ever happen to college basketball.

They singlehandedly were responsible for "swag"

They gave us baggy shorts and black socks.

Laettner ruined it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Big mistake on lsu if they let that happen. Word is here that Les Miles will be bought out (15 million) and LSU is after Jimbo Fisher...

I agree. Miles has been very successful at LSU. This season has ran off the rails but they shouldn't let him go. Programs need not have such itchy trigger fingers.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I can't remember where I read it, but I think Mark May picked against Ohio St. 22 out of 29 times when he did pregame.

I don't understand where May got his hatred for Ohio St. During his four years at Pitt, Pitt never played Ohio St, and he's from New York.

Maybe he applied for OSU and didn't get accepted. :eek:

Did you see Gameday this past weekend? There were tons of anti-Mark May signs. OSU returns the hatred apparently.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unranked Houston dominated 15th ranked Navy. Navy isn't bad, but they are way behind Houston. Houston against Temple for the AAC. I bring this up because they certainly seem like the best mid-major conference right now.

I already poured my Knob Creek. Time to light up and watch the end of TCU-Baylor.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Unranked Houston dominated 15th ranked Navy. Navy isn't bad, but they are way behind Houston. Houston against Temple for the AAC. I bring this up because they certainly seem like the best mid-major conference right now.

I already poured my Knob Creek. Time to light up and watch the end of TCU-Baylor.

Knob Creek is expensive and good. Missouri needs a win to go bowling

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Baylor is now eliminated from the Big 12 and playoff contention.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Baylor is now eliminated from the Big 12 and playoff contention.

Yes they are.

The Big 12 is guaranteed a one-loss champion. I think if Oklahoma beats Ok St., they are in, but if Ok St. beats Oklahoma, I'm not so sure they are in.

There will be many more eliminations today, and probably more confusion depending on some of the results.

I must say, I was impressed with Iowa's win at Nebraska. I'll be curious to see how they do in the Big 10 Championship Game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
harbaugh has some work to do

Looks like Michigan is eliminated.

The Michigan St vs. Penn St. game is going to be a big game. If Michigan St wins, Ohio St. is eliminated. If Penn State wins, Michigan St. is eliminated, and Ohio State still has a chance.

Four really good games later today:

Penn St./Michigan St.

Oklahoma/Oklahoma St.

Notre Dame/Stanford

Florida/Florida St.

Also, the Iron Bowl (Alabama/Auburn)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This was the Ohio State team that periodically showed up throughout the year. That was a pretty serious beating. I will have to see how this all unfolds today and leading to next week.