College Football 2015

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I agree.

The ACC should not let them be a part of the ACC in every sport except men's football.

The Big East did the same thing.

Either join a conference 100%, or go be an independent in every sport, and don't expect your men's football team to play against the power 5 teams.

There is nothing more arrogant than Norte Dame men's football.

:thumb:

I'd be shocked if it happens, but they should.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have a head coach opening in Missouri -

It doesn't matter.

They could make you the head coach, and no matter how bad you do, you will have won as many National Championships as every head coach at Mizzou has before you.

However, I'll lay you any odds you want, that the next head coach at Mizzou will be black.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OSU goes down!

More like laid down after being outsmarted. That isn't the first time Dantonio bested Meyer at wits. Even Herbstreit recognized how bad the coaching choices were.

And that doesn't change my top 4. All it does is solidify my question of USC or Michigan State. It is Michigan State.

edit: Winner of MSU-Iowa in Indy should go.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And MSU shouldn't have that loss.

They got very lucky at the end of the Michigan game.

Anyway, here's the big question.

Let's say Michigan St. (or Iowa), Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame win the rest of their regular season games, and conference championships.

Who's the odd team out of the four team playoff?

IMO, it should be the Big-12 Champion or Notre Dame because neither has to play in a conference championship game.

However, Oklahoma is looking very good right now. If they played Clemson, I don't see Clemson beating them.

In fact, if you put the top four Big 12 schools against the top four ACC schools, I would bet all four Big 12 schools would win. I think the ACC is overrated.

With that said, if North Carolina somehow beats Clemson in the ACC Conference Championship Game, they might get in over Oklahoma.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the ACC is overrated.

Then again, having Florida Atlantic take the second best team in the SEC to overtime, and having South Carolina lose to The Citadel, doesn't exactly make the SEC look like the monster conference it used to be.

BTW, the Florida Atlantic Owls were 2-8 going into their game at the Florida Gators.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They got very lucky at the end of the Michigan game.
Absolutely, but it was a legal play. MSU lost on a bad call by the refs.

Anyway, here's the big question.

Let's say Michigan St. (or Iowa), Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame win the rest of their regular season games, and conference championships.

Who's the odd team out of the four team playoff?

IMO, it should be the Big-12 Champion or Notre Dame because neither has to play in a conference championship game.

However, Oklahoma is looking very good right now. If they played Clemson, I don't see Clemson beating them.

In fact, if you put the top four Big 12 schools against the top four ACC schools, I would bet all four Big 12 schools would win. I think the ACC is overrated.

With that said, if North Carolina somehow beats Clemson in the ACC Conference Championship Game, they might get in over Oklahoma.

If those teams win out I think Notre Dame should get the boot. Make it Clemson, Alabama, MSU, and Oklahoma.

I'd agree that the Big 12 is, overall, better than the ACC. If UNC beats Clemson then maybe you take Alabama, MSU, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Then again, having Florida Atlantic take the second best team in the SEC to overtime, and having South Carolina lose to The Citadel, doesn't exactly make the SEC look like the monster conference it used to be.

BTW, the Florida Atlantic Owls were 2-8 going into their game at the Florida Gators.

And Georgia needed OT to beat Georgia Southern. I think it's a down year in the SEC. Alabama and Ole Miss are looking the best. LSU has fallen apart after that loss to Alabama.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If the season ended today, my four playoff teams:

#1 Alabama
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Michigan St
#4 Clemson

Because the season doesn't end today, teams still with a chance to make the playoff:

Iowa, Ohio St, Notre Dame, Florida, North Carolina

Real dark horses:

Houston, Baylor, Oklahoma St., TCU, Michigan

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It is safe to say that isn't out of the realm of possibility. You think they want a mulligan with South Carolina yet? They went into Lane Stadium with everything going against them and won.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And Georgia needed OT to beat Georgia Southern. I think it's a down year in the SEC. Alabama and Ole Miss are looking the best. LSU has fallen apart after that loss to Alabama.

They weren't any good last year either. Correction, overrated is the correct term. Overrated doesn't mean bad either, unless you go 2-5 in your bowl games.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the season ended today, my four playoff teams:

#1 Alabama
#2 Oklahoma
#3 Michigan St
#4 Clemson

September 3 will be here before we know it. :banana:

The short version is Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State (yes, they all have that much talent) Michigan State and possibly USC. USC had the real best QB prospect last year. The scholarship sanctions against USC have expired and they will not be devoid of talent. This also means Oregon will again slide back a bit without the top talent of Southern California having a place to play.

Michigan State you say? Yep. They are very good on both sides of the ball at the line of scrimmage. And getting better. Two of Illinois' best lineman are headed to Sparty (Illinois will continue to suck).

Florida State, like Alabama and Ohio State have a roster of NFL talent. But they were short at the QB. The transfer played about as well as he could and it wasn't enough. Clemson does look solid both ways.

I would do my 4, aside from winner of MSU-Iowa. This assumes no let down against Penn State from MSU.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am watching College Football Sunday which is the slow day and discussion from the arm chair by former coaches and players. They replayed Ohio State running back Zeke Elliot and his post game comments. I feel for the kid and it is good that losing really sticks in his crawl space. But compare his loss to Tim Tebow and the difference in how they handle it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there is only one problem

what to do if oklahoma and notre dame win

all the others are a slam dunk

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
there is only one problem

what to do if oklahoma and notre dame win

all the others are a slam dunk

The Domer fans are going to crawl from their hiding spots currently shared with certain Cowboy fans. I would put two Big Ten teams in the playoff before ND.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The third week on November is supposed to be the big week. Harvard-Yale, Stanford-Cal, Michigan-Ohio State, Notre Dame-USC....now, its all screwed up.