Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

God's Truth

I have made it a life to try to help others to have what I received from Jesus.

If you don't get it...if you don't get what I am even saying...then it doesn't make me a liar and someone speaking falseness.

lifeisgood

I have made it a life to try to help others to have what I received from Jesus.

Work! Work! Work to try to get your salvation? No thank you, salvation is totally and completely of the Lord. I cannot work FOR it. It is FREELY given by Him.

If you don't get it...if you don't get what I am even saying...then it doesn't make me a liar and someone speaking falseness.

You are the one calling yourself a liar, gt.
I simply told you that your answer to someone's question was lame. That is NOT calling you a liar.

I would suggest that you, gt, ask the Lord to take away this spirit of persecution that you have grabbed on to and do not want to let go.

God's Truth

Work! Work! Work to try to get your salvation? No thank you, salvation is totally and completely of the Lord. I cannot work FOR it. It is FREELY given by Him.

Obeying God is how we live through Him and how He lives through us. See Romans 8.

His work is light, easy and not burdensome.

Paul says we are all working at something all the time---

If you are not working at obeying Jesus, then you are working at sin.
You are the one calling yourself a liar, gt.
I simply told you that your answer to someone's question was lame. That is NOT calling you a liar.

I would suggest that you, gt, ask the Lord to take away this spirit of persecution that you have grabbed on to and do not want to let go.

It isn't all about you. Those who call me a liar know who they are.

God's Truth

Paul says we are always working at something.

Romans 6:16 PAUL says, "...whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness..."

God's Truth

Here are more scriptures to learn how we are all working at something and we better be obeying.

John 8:41
You are doing the works of your own father." "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Revelation 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."

2 Timothy 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

lifeisgood

Obeying God is how we live through Him and how He lives through us. See Romans 8.

After God has saved us, all on His own, without any of our help, we are to be following the Holy Spirit voice.

His work is light, easy and not burdensome.

After He has saved us and we are resting in Him, yes, His work is light, easy, and not burdensome.

Paul says we are all working at something all the time---

Especially those who are working their little finger off to obtain their salvation.

If you are not working at obeying Jesus, then you are working at sin.

I know some people who never do anything 'wrong', however, they are not Jesus'.

It isn't all about you.

I never though it was all about me.

PS: It was still a lame answer to the original question.

God's Truth

After God has saved us, all on His own, without any of our help, we are to be following the Holy Spirit voice.

Jesus is the Word of God. We have to do what the Way says, the Word says.

Jesus never ever says believing and playing dead is the key to salvation.

After He has saved us and we are resting in Him, yes, His work is light, easy, and not burdensome.

Who has convinced you that we are not to do anything to get 'in' Christ?

Especially those who are working their little finger off to obtain their salvation.

Only people who have never obeyed would say that.

Tell me how hard it is for us to obey and forgive others?

I know some people who never do anything 'wrong', however, they are not Jesus'.

They still have to fear God, humble themselves and repent.

I never though it was all about me.

PS: It was still a lame answer to the original question.

No, you are badly mistaken.

popsthebuilder

What a lame answer, GT.
Why is it lame?

GOD isn't limited to a book at all; surely GOD can convey HIS Message through whatever means HE chooses. Pretty sure HE chose HIS Christ as that means. Surely you do not limit the power or Spirit of GOD to a particular translation of the written word.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Apple7

Why is it lame?

GOD isn't limited to a book at all; surely GOD can convey HIS Message through whatever means HE chooses. Pretty sure HE chose HIS Christ as that means. Surely you do not limit the power or Spirit of GOD to a particular translation of the written word.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Hebrews informs the reader that God has has always revealed Himself ‘by many portions’ (polymeros) and ‘in various forms’ (polytropos).

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
Hebrews informs the reader that God has has always revealed Himself ‘by many portions’ (polymeros) and ‘in various forms’ (polytropos).
The statement in Hebrews is:
Hebrews 1:1–2 (NASB95): 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
The method used by God is stated as being in and through the prophets, and now in fullness and completeness and in many respects in finality in His Son.

Kind regards
Trevor

Truster

Therefore, JW's are NOT Christian.

The vast majority of people that wear the title "Christian" have no understanding of what the word actually means. They are in fact atheists who follow religion and that being the outward ceremonies that their particular denomination or cult has determined to be "worship" and has told them where, when and how the worship must take place.

When a converted man comes among them they will hate him and he will not be able to abide amongst them for long and listen to the regurgitated nonsense they call sermons. The regenerate man will develop an insatiable hunger for truth and a thirst for justness that will never be satified while in their midst.

"Worshipping in spirit and in truth" are words they have read and heard but never experienced.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, The statement in Hebrews is:
Hebrews 1:1–2 (NASB95): 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
The method used by God is stated as being in and through the prophets, and now in fullness and completeness and in many respects in finality in His Son.

Kind regards
Trevor

No Trevor.

You missed the intended message, yet again, because you abhor studying the original languages, and ignore context.

Heb 1.1 declares that God the Father has revealed Himself to the prophets of old as One of the constituent parts of a whole; in a context where the whole and its parts are distinguished.’

This is per the operative Greek words used in this passage.

Further, the subsequent passages, had you even bothered to read them, declares to the reader exactly what these 'parts' are...and they are described as thus...

• Father Heb 1.1
• Son Heb 1.2
• Spirit Heb 1.3

Knowing this....what can you possibly do now, Trev....?

Apple7

The vast majority of people that wear the title "Christian" have no understanding of what the word actually means. They are in fact atheists who follow religion and that being the outward ceremonies that their particular denomination or cult has determined to be "worship" and has told them where, when and how the worship must take place.

When a converted man comes among them they will hate him and he will not be able to abide amongst them for long and listen to the regurgitated nonsense they call sermons. The regenerate man will develop an insatiable hunger for truth and a thirst for justness that will never be satified while in their midst.

"Worshipping in spirit and in truth" are words they have read and heard but never experienced.

To worship in Spirit & Truth is to worship God The Father in the Person of God the Son and the Person of God The Spirit.