Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

TrevorL

Greetings again “God’s Truth”,
I don't have beliefs from the pentecostals. You need to learn how debate what I say instead of give mote replies.
You started off your original post to me with the following:
Jesus is God the Father who came as a son and then went back to heaven to the place he was before coming to earth.
Jesus is on the throne of God the Father; so then, it is the same place he had before coming to earth.
Jesus is God the Father. Jesus is the Father come as a Son. .
I was responding to your comment that Jesus Christ is God the Father, which I have underlined, and the other similar confusing statements. The only people that I have heard suggesting such an idea are Oneness Pentecostals, so I am sorry to make this wrong assessment. I feel that I have answered sufficiently the concept that Jesus is God the Father. I believe that they are distinct beings, God the Father and Jesus the Son of God. Concerning your complaint that I did not answer all your Scripture, please go back to your original post to me and see that you did not in any way address the Scripture and comments that I had stated, and that formed the basis of your original Post. Instead you were determined to express your unique concepts and ignore what I had stated.

Now I am willing to listen to your explanation of Psalm 110:1 which I mentioned in my reply to you, and you have so far avoided in your latest response.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
The LXX came from the Hebrew.
I go to the original Hebrew for confirmation, and I already showed you my exegetical reasoning, of which, you continue to ignore, completely. You prefer to ignore the original and go to a translation.
A proper understanding of Psalm 8:5 goes beyond the LXX. The best translation of Psalm 8:5 "Elohim" is "Angels". Your exegetical reasoning runs contrary to the Spirit-inspired translation "angels" and commentary "Jesus was made lower than the angels" by the writer to the Hebrews. You have ignored the teaching and context of Psalm 8:5 and imposed the context from two other passages and claim this to be superior "exegetical reasoning". I am not ignoring but rejecting what you say.
Hebrews 2:5–9 (KJV): 5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. 6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Uhmmmm.. I hate to break it to you, Trev, but The Son IS The Glory of The Father! Thus, you keep on proving that The Son is worshiped AS God! When will you ever learn? Get out of Christadelphianism......now!
The glory is indeed the Glory of the Father that He has bestowed upon the Son. Jesus has now been crowned with glory and honour as Hebrews 2:7-9 states.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, A proper understanding of Psalm 8:5 goes beyond the LXX. The best translation of Psalm 8:5 "Elohim" is "Angels". Your exegetical reasoning runs contrary to the Spirit-inspired translation "angels" and commentary "Jesus was made lower than the angels" by the writer to the Hebrews. You have ignored the teaching and context of Psalm 8:5 and imposed the context from two other passages and claim this to be superior "exegetical reasoning". I am not ignoring but rejecting what you say.
Hebrews 2:5–9 (KJV): 5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. 6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: 8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. The glory is indeed the Glory of the Father that He has bestowed upon the Son. Jesus has now been crowned with glory and honour as Hebrews 2:7-9 states.

Kind regards
Trevor

When can we expect to see your exegetical rebuttal, Trevor?

You seem content to slavishly repost English Trinitarian renderings as your 'defense'.

Do you realize how silly this makes you look?

God's Truth

Greetings again “God’s Truth”, You started off your original post to me with the following: I was responding to your comment that Jesus Christ is God the Father, which I have underlined, and the other similar confusing statements. The only people that I have heard suggesting such an idea are Oneness Pentecostals, so I am sorry to make this wrong assessment. I feel that I have answered sufficiently the concept that Jesus is God the Father. I believe that they are distinct beings, God the Father and Jesus the Son of God. Concerning your complaint that I did not answer all your Scripture, please go back to your original post to me and see that you did not in any way address the Scripture and comments that I had stated, and that formed the basis of your original Post. Instead you were determined to express your unique concepts and ignore what I had stated.

Now I am willing to listen to your explanation of Psalm 110:1 which I mentioned in my reply to you, and you have so far avoided in your latest response.

Kind regards
Trevor

I do not agree with you. You tried to write me off by calling me a Pentecostal; and, you don't address the scriptures I gave you personally, you merely gave more scriptures trying to nullify those scriptures I gave. In addition, you try to ignore all the many other scriptures I give to others on this topic.

Psalm 110:1 shows us that the Father and Son are exactly the same.

1{A Psalm of David.} The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Read Acts 2:34-36
34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
35 until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”’

36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

It says that God made Jesus Lord and Messiah.
Jesus was Lord before coming to earth.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Jesus is where he was before coming to earth.

Isaiah 45:21 Declare what is to be, present it— let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

Did you read that? There is ONLY ONE RIGHTEOUS GOD AND SAVIOR. That is what the FATHER is called and what Jesus is called. They are one and the same.

God's Truth

Only proves that Both are God.

Both are the ONE AND ONLY God.

They ARE God.

There are not two Gods.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

Proof that GOD is the FATHER and that it isn’t as the trinitarians say. Read these scriptures and notice the speaking of God and only the Father making Jesus Lord. Notice that the trinitarians say God is only used when it is the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. These scriptures show that God is the Father.
Since Jesus is God, he must also be the One and only God the FATHER.

Acts 2:34-36
“Sit at my right hand
36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

Apple7

Acts 2:34-36
“Sit at my right hand

Acts 2 quotes Psalm 110, of which, IS Triune!

genuineoriginal

The 'Right Hand' of God is The Holy Spirit.
All the host of heaven are stepping on the Holy Spirit?

2 Chronicles 18:18
18 Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the Lord; I saw the Lord sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left.​

Apple7

All the host of heaven are stepping on the Holy Spirit?

2 Chronicles 18:18
18 Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the Lord; I saw the Lord sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left.​

The prep 'al' has a very large latitude in meaning...

That the best you got?