Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

popsthebuilder

No, you distinctly recall the brainwashing you got from God's Untruth.

The problem is you fail to see how the word spirit is used in the Bible.

There is ONE Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit, and I think you would be wise to call Him by the name Holy Ghost so you don't get confused. That way, you wouldn't think the word spirit is talking about the Holy Ghost every time you read it.

Here, for instance....these verses are NOT talking about the ONE Spirit, the Holy Ghost.

Numbers 27:16 Let the Lord, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation,

Deuteronomy 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.​
That in no way addresses my point or any of my questions ma'am.

I assure you I do not and will not conflate spirit/s with the Spirit of GOD.

That nonsense about learning any mere idea from the words of a person and promoting it as truth is wholly wrong. What I said has nothing to do with gt whatsoever.
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

glorydaz

This verse, for instance, is NOT talking about the Holy Spirit.

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.​

Rather it's speaking of God's essence and nature. Like this....

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.​

popsthebuilder

Assure me all you like, but I've seen you do it, and it's caused you confusion on this issue.

Getting all defensive isn't going to help.
I'm really not being defensive.

And im also pretty sure I have never confused the two.

Please stop deviating from the points at hand.

Does Jesus have a spirit?

Does the FATHER have a spirit?

popsthebuilder

This verse, for instance, is NOT talking about the Holy Spirit.

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.​

Rather it's speaking of God's essence and nature. Like this....

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.​

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

(This verse is speaking of the nature and essense of GOD while showing GOD to be Spirit as in the Holy Spirit. It also goes into the manner of which we are to worship as believers in the One GOD, which is with our very spirit in all truth, and not in lip service.)

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

(This verse confirms that GOD is Spirit and that the physical manifestation of that Spirit is indeed the image/ manifestation of GOD which is Spirit.)

1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

(Again a reference to our One GOD almighty which is Spirit/ invisible /not I'm any way limited to the physical.)

glorydaz

I'm really not being defensive.

And im also pretty sure I have never confused the two.

Please stop deviating from the points at hand.

Does Jesus have a spirit?

See, there you are confusing a man's spirit with the Holy Ghost.

All men have a body, soul, and spirit. Since Jesus was a human being, He had a spirit, soul, and body. That has NOTHING to do with the Holy Ghost.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

Does the FATHER have a spirit?

No, the "Father" doesn't "have a spirit" per se. Rather the Holy Spirit comes forth from the Father, just as the Son does. They are one but distinct. As you've been shown many times.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

glorydaz

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.

(This verse is speaking of the nature and essense of GOD while showing GOD to be Spirit as in the Holy Spirit.

Nope. That is showing God is invisible, and man is unable to bow down and worship Him physically. GOD IS A SPIRITUAL BEING. Don't read into verses. That's where you get into trouble.

Apple7

(This verse is speaking of the nature and essense of GOD while showing GOD to be Spirit as in the Holy Spirit. It also goes into the manner of which we are to worship as believers in the One GOD, which is with our very spirit in all truth, and not in lip service.)

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

(This verse confirms that GOD is Spirit and that the physical manifestation of that Spirit is indeed the image/ manifestation of GOD which is Spirit.)

1 Timothy 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

(Again a reference to our One GOD almighty which is Spirit/ invisible /not I'm any way limited to the physical.)

Consistently, you only have half-truths...

John 4.24

πνευμα ο θεος και τους προσκυνουντας αυτον εν πνευματι και αληθεια δει προσκυνειν

pneuma ho theos kai taus proskynountas auton en pneumatic kai alētheia dei proskynein

God is Spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in Spirit and Truth.

In John 4.24, the subject is the arthrous, ο θεος.

In this passage, the predicate is placed first before the subject, for emphasis.

The predicate is πνευμα.

Thus, John 4.24 has a ‘predicate-subject’ ordering, in lieu of a ‘subject-predicate’ ordering as in other passages of John’s writings (i.e. 1 John 1.5, 4.8).

It can be determined that πνευμα refers to the Holy Spirit as determined from the structure of this passage.

This is doubly confirmed in the context leading up to John 4.24, where we have Jesus declaring, in John 4.10, the He gives the Living Water (i.e. The Holy Spirit).

John 4.24 mentions absolutely nothing regarding ‘Father Only’ worship, but, instead, declares worship to God The Holy Spirit.

Further, John 4 clearly distinguishes between Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

3 Persons; 1 Being.

The Trinity.

glorydaz

And both those verses are speaking of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the image of the invisible God according to Col. 1, and read the context of 1 Timothy.....it is talking about Jesus Christ the King.

1 Tim. 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.​

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION.

1 Timothy 6:14-16
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen

popsthebuilder

So your three person god consists of two persons without a spirit.....and one only a spirit. I can't believe you actually said GOD doesn't have a spirit as in GOD isn't Spirit.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll be sure to steer very clear from your doctrine indeed.
See, there you are confusing a man's spirit with the Holy Ghost.

All men have a body, soul, and spirit. Since Jesus was a human being, He had a spirit, soul, and body. That has NOTHING to do with the Holy Ghost.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

No, the "Father" doesn't "have a spirit" per se. Rather the Holy Spirit comes forth from the Father, just as the Son does. They are one but distinct. As you've been shown many times.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

popsthebuilder

GOD is a spiritual being that has no spirit.....gotcha
Nope. That is showing God is invisible, and man is unable to bow down and worship Him physically. GOD IS A SPIRITUAL BEING. Don't read into verses. That's where you get into trouble.

popsthebuilder

Lol.....go have a child explain that back to you without a face of utter confusion.
Consistently, you only have half-truths...

John 4.24

πνευμα ο θεος και τους προσκυνουντας αυτον εν πνευματι και αληθεια δει προσκυνειν

pneuma ho theos kai taus proskynountas auton en pneumatic kai alētheia dei proskynein

God is Spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in Spirit and Truth.

In John 4.24, the subject is the arthrous, ο θεος.

In this passage, the predicate is placed first before the subject, for emphasis.

The predicate is πνευμα.

Thus, John 4.24 has a ‘predicate-subject’ ordering, in lieu of a ‘subject-predicate’ ordering as in other passages of John’s writings (i.e. 1 John 1.5, 4.8).

It can be determined that πνευμα refers to the Holy Spirit as determined from the structure of this passage.

This is doubly confirmed in the context leading up to John 4.24, where we have Jesus declaring, in John 4.10, the He gives the Living Water (i.e. The Holy Spirit).

John 4.24 mentions absolutely nothing regarding ‘Father Only’ worship, but, instead, declares worship to God The Holy Spirit.

Further, John 4 clearly distinguishes between Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

3 Persons; 1 Being.

The Trinity.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

And both those verses are speaking of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the image of the invisible God according to Col. 1, and read the context of 1 Timothy.....it is talking about Jesus Christ the King.

1 Tim. 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.​

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION.

1 Timothy 6:14-16
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen
Who said it wasn't about Christ exactly?

glorydaz

GOD is a spiritual being that has no spirit.....gotcha

God is a spiritual being that consists of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

I told you you're confused about the differences between spiritual beings. Demons are spiritual beings, too. Are you confused about them?

popsthebuilder

God is a spiritual being that consists of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

I told you you're confused about the differences between spiritual beings. Demons are spiritual beings, too. Are you confused about them?

I'm not confused......it may actually be time to put you on ignore.

You spit whole illogic and say I am confused.

glorydaz

Lol.....gohave a child explain that back to you without a face of utter confusion.

Hold your index finger up in the air. Straight up. Now bend it.

You see ONE FINGER made up of three distinct sections. Don't you?

One section is the Father, one section is the Son, and one section is the Holy Ghost.
You wouldn't call the Father section the Holy Ghost. You wouldn't call the Son section the Father.
But each has a purpose, and each is distinct from the other.....yet, just one finger.

There, that's how I explain it to a child.

popsthebuilder

Cool....using your example; i would attempt to explain the Spirit as the blood that all is alive through.....including too, that little phalange. There is one Spirit of GOD. All is of THAT Spirit.
Hold your index finger up in the air. Straight up. Now bend it.

You see ONE FINGER made up of three distinct sections. Don't you?

One section is the Father, one section is the Son, and one section is the Holy Ghost.
You wouldn't call the Father section the Holy Ghost. You wouldn't call the Son section the Father.
But each has a purpose, and each is distinct from the other.....yet, just one finger.

There, that's how I explain it to a child.