Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

truthjourney

The JWs seem to share some same similarities with the Catholic church and Scientology. That's interesting.
I forgot to mention in my post that along with the lengthy home bible studies which in my opinion is indoctrination and brainwashing, and the way they determine if a person is "ready" for baptism, which really the person should be the one deciding that not an organization, there are other things that put pressure on a person. Such as regular meeting attendance which is required and strictly enforced, there is also the door to door preaching work which is also a requirement and the hours spent doing that are counted and reported by filling out a form, which lets the elders and the Governing Body know who is doing what is required and how much they are doing.

JWs are told that they must do all these things to please Jehovah and to survive Armageddon. What that really means is that they must do these things to please the Governing Body and avoid their wrath. JWs must be obedient and do exactly what they're told to do by the Governing Body and that they better not dare question the Governing Body's rules, regulations, policies, procedures and teachings. In other words, do as you're told and keep your opinions to yourself and "we" will do the thinking for you and that if you do question them then you are questioning God himself which then you will most likely be accused of apostasy and find yourself in a judicial committee who makes the decision to disfellowship you. No free thinking or critical thinking is allowed.

Yes there are some similarities between the JW organization and the Catholic Church, Scientology and also Mormons. There are probably others as well but I think those are the major ones.

glorydaz

The great zeal that Paul was speaking of is that they wanted to keep cleaning themselves by doing various external washings and sacrifices animals, etc; they did not believe that Jesus' blood cleans them. That is the righteousness that is not of work---Paul was not promoting a righteousness acquired by not obeying Jesus!

No, being "ignorant of God's righteousness" is the same problem you have.

musterion

Cultists, like leftists, are always very selective about what they respond to. Like GT and other fakes, they'll insist they replied to something, knowing full well they really haven't, while trying to shift your attention to a topic more comfortable to them. Sadly, too many people here fall for it so the cycle perpetuates.

If I was a mod, I would break that cycle. That behavior would earn a perma-ban because that kind of poster adds NOTHING to TOL.

truthjourney

Luke 22:17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and broke it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

I recently watched a video where someone went to a Memorial at a Kingdom Hall. They were recording the whole time. And as I watching it I heard the speaker talking, probably an elder, and he was talking about the two classes, the heavenly class and the earthly class. The heavenly class, the 144,000 who they say are the only ones going to heaven. And he said that only those are to partake of the bread and wine. The others there who they call the earthly class or the great crowd are not allowed to partake of the bread and wine. So that means that in any given Kingdom Hall at a Memorial there might only be one or two out of the entire congregation who partake. There is something seriously wrong with that. How many churches have you been to where only one or two in the congregation partake of the bread and wine, or whatever a church is using to represent that.

1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The Governing Body teaches that Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000. Only those who are part of the 144,000, which the Governing Body say the number of those left now is a low number, are allowed to partake of the bread and wine.

So when the bread and wine is passed, each JW in a congregation, unless they are one of the "anointed" 144,000, only pass it to the next person who passes it to the next person and so on without partaking. When a JW does that, they are in effect saying that Jesus is not their mediator. They are in effect denying Jesus. How deceptive can the Governing Body be to actually get JWs to deny Jesus as their mediator, and to deny Jesus that way by not partaking. There are JWs who year after year do that, some up to ten, twenty, thirty, fifty years etc. They have been deceived and misled on purpose and by design.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Not all at once. Only incrementally, sin by sin, and only as long as you keep repenting and confessing. Else, they're still held over your head in judgment.

I repented of all my sins and then was saved. After I was saved, I lived my new life through the Spirit, and if I messed up while working out my salvation and training myself, then I spoke to my Father through Jesus and acknowledged my error and sins and repented of it.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

glorydaz

I repented of all my sins and then was saved.

Those who BELIEVE are saved. Those who merely "repent of their sins" are sorry they were snake bit, but the poison remains. :chuckle:

After I was saved, I lived my new life through the Spirit, and if I messed up while working out my salvation and training myself, then I spoke to my Father through Jesus and acknowledged my error and sins and repented of it.

"messed up", "training myself" :chuckle:

Yet you claim the Father is Jesus. You sound like The Never Ending Story. A good movie but a lousy belief system.

God's Truth

Those who BELIEVE are saved. Those who merely "repent of their sins" are sorry they were snake bit, but the poison remains. :chuckle:
Those who repent of course they also believe.

"messed up", "training myself" :chuckle:

I obey Jesus and that is how I am trained, by obeying him.

Yet you claim the Father is Jesus. You sound like The Never Ending Story. A good movie but a lousy belief system.
At least you know it is good.

truthjourney

Luke 22:17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and broke it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

I recently watched a video where someone went to a Memorial at a Kingdom Hall. They were recording the whole time. And as I watching it I heard the speaker talking, probably an elder, and he was talking about the two classes, the heavenly class and the earthly class. The heavenly class, the 144,000 who they say are the only ones going to heaven. And he said that only those are to partake of the bread and wine. The others there who they call the earthly class or the great crowd are not allowed to partake of the bread and wine. So that means that in any given Kingdom Hall at a Memorial there might only be one or two out of the entire congregation who partake. There is something seriously wrong with that. How many churches have you been to where only one or two in the congregation partake of the bread and wine, or whatever a church is using to represent that.

1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The Governing Body teaches that Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000. Only those who are part of the 144,000, which the Governing Body say the number of those left now is a low number, are allowed to partake of the bread and wine.

So when the bread and wine is passed, each JW in a congregation, unless they are one of the "anointed" 144,000, only pass it to the next person who passes it to the next person and so on without partaking. When a JW does that, they are in effect saying that Jesus is not their mediator. They are in effect denying Jesus. How deceptive can the Governing Body be to actually get JWs to deny Jesus as their mediator, and to deny Jesus that way by not partaking. There are JWs who year after year do that, some up to ten, twenty, thirty, fifty years etc. They have been deceived and misled on purpose and by design.

This is the video that I saw and that I was referring to. This is a video by Veronica aka Smurf Girl. She's a 5th generation JW. Her father is a JW elder and something else.

She's at a kingdom hall memorial, a recent one. She's there for a purpose and has alot to say while she's there. The video speaks for itself.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is the video that I saw and that I was referring to. This is a video by Veronica aka Smurf Girl. She's a 5th generation JW. Her father is a JW elder and something else.

She's at a kingdom hall memorial, a recent one. She's there for a purpose and has alot to say while she's there. The video speaks for itself.

Wow....

Edit:

What's all this about the freemasons? It's more important that the JWs are deceiving people about what the Bible says.

Apple7

How is the context of that verse triune? Thanks

John 3.15 - 18

ινα πας ο πιστευων εν αυτω εχη ζωην αιωνιον ουτως γαρ γαπησεν ο θεος τον κοσμον ωστε τον υιον τον μονογενη εδωκεν ινα πας ο πιστευων εις αυτον μη αποληται αλλ εχη ζωην αιωνιον ου γαρ απεστειλεν ο θεος τον υιον εις τον κοσμον ινα κρινη τον κοσμον αλλ ινα σωθη ο κοσμος δι αυτου ο πιστευων εις αυτον ου κρινεται ο μη πιστευων ηδη κεκριται οτι μη πεπιστευκεν εις το ονομα του μονογενους υιου του θεου

That everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. The one believing into Him is not condemned; but the one not believing has already been condemned, for he has not believed into the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Observe that ‘pisteuōn’ (believes) is repeated three times (Triune) in this address to the ones who take the singular name of the Son for eternal life.

Jesus’ Elect, the ones who worship Him as Triune, are the ones entering eternal life and escaping Judgment.