Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

God's Truth

It's sad you have so little understanding of what each of those verses is saying. And it's sickening that you present a mixture of verses pretending like they support your ignorant pronouncements. But, you are a good example of what it means that the natural man has no understanding of the things of the Spirit.

We have to believe and obey just like the scriptures say.

You just reply back with denials and insults prove much about you.

God's Truth

You steal what you don't understand. How sad that statement of yours. :nono:

Those who have entered into HIS rest, don't "feel good" about what they have done (they have ceased from their own efforts), but what Jesus Christ has done. Your faith is misplaced which is why you still labor.

lol now that was a bad attempt at saying something worthy.

marhig

John 3.15 - 18

ινα πας ο πιστευων εν αυτω εχη ζωην αιωνιον ουτως γαρ γαπησεν ο θεος τον κοσμον ωστε τον υιον τον μονογενη εδωκεν ινα πας ο πιστευων εις αυτον μη αποληται αλλ εχη ζωην αιωνιον ου γαρ απεστειλεν ο θεος τον υιον εις τον κοσμον ινα κρινη τον κοσμον αλλ ινα σωθη ο κοσμος δι αυτου ο πιστευων εις αυτον ου κρινεται ο μη πιστευων ηδη κεκριται οτι μη πεπιστευκεν εις το ονομα του μονογενους υιου του θεου

That everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. The one believing into Him is not condemned; but the one not believing has already been condemned, for he has not believed into the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Observe that ‘pisteuōn’ (believes) is repeated three times (Triune) in this address to the ones who take the singular name of the Son for eternal life.

Jesus’ Elect, the ones who worship Him as Triune, are the ones entering eternal life and escaping Judgment.

Wow, well that's a new one, so Jesus is God because the word believes is repeated 3 times in a couple of verses? Those verses clearly tell us that God sent Jesus! And I'm the wrong one because I believe Jesus's own words when he clearly says that the father is the only true God and that he is his God also? And because I believe the apostles when they say that God is the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ and that the head of Christ is God. But I'm the wrong one?

There's no word trinity in the Bible, No word triune, there's no God the son.
There is in the Bible however, Jesus and his apostles saying that he's the son of God, and that the father is the only true God, and that he's the God and father of Christ Jesus, and that Christ, the son is under subjection to him, and that God has exalted him, given him authority and made him Lord given him a name above every name, and that the head of Christ is God and that Jesus was sent by him and came to do his will.

Now, why shouldn't I believe all that? It's in the Bible!

truthjourney

Wow....

Edit:

What's all this about the freemasons? It's more important that the JWs are deceiving people about what the Bible says.
Because in my opinion there is a connection between Freemasons and the way JWs are being deceived about what the bible says. She mentioned some of those connections. She was willing to even be arrested to make that information known to JWs in two kingdom halls and even to hand out flyers about it.Because she has compassion for JWs and she cares and wants them to know the truth that is kept from them. She told them among other things that they were being tricked into denying Christ and said don't deny Christ.That was her main objective.
She was raised in a family who were JWs as well as Masons. She knows what she's talking about. It took alot of courage for her to do that and to stand up to the elders who threatened to call the police on her. She said some things are worth being arrested for. She spoke the truth in that video. She's not the only one getting the truth out that way.Many others are doing the same thing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
YOU put way too much faith in YOURSELF and too little faith in Christ for YOUR salvation.
The foolish woman will oppose GOD's grace with her every breath, as she continues to rely on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one (herself).

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

She will remain as the Pharisees that were always boasting "I'm glad I'm not as big a sinner as those other guys".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Luke 22:17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and broke it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

I recently watched a video where someone went to a Memorial at a Kingdom Hall. They were recording the whole time. And as I watching it I heard the speaker talking, probably an elder, and he was talking about the two classes, the heavenly class and the earthly class. The heavenly class, the 144,000 who they say are the only ones going to heaven. And he said that only those are to partake of the bread and wine. The others there who they call the earthly class or the great crowd are not allowed to partake of the bread and wine. So that means that in any given Kingdom Hall at a Memorial there might only be one or two out of the entire congregation who partake. There is something seriously wrong with that. How many churches have you been to where only one or two in the congregation partake of the bread and wine, or whatever a church is using to represent that.

1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The Governing Body teaches that Jesus is only the mediator for the 144,000. Only those who are part of the 144,000, which the Governing Body say the number of those left now is a low number, are allowed to partake of the bread and wine.

So when the bread and wine is passed, each JW in a congregation, unless they are one of the "anointed" 144,000, only pass it to the next person who passes it to the next person and so on without partaking. When a JW does that, they are in effect saying that Jesus is not their mediator. They are in effect denying Jesus. How deceptive can the Governing Body be to actually get JWs to deny Jesus as their mediator, and to deny Jesus that way by not partaking. There are JWs who year after year do that, some up to ten, twenty, thirty, fifty years etc. They have been deceived and misled on purpose and by design.
Their 144,000 business is a sham.
Have you noticed that in recent years they are starting to change the definition of the 144,000?
They used to refer to it as a literal fixed number.
But since the quota is very very near to being complete, they are now suggesting (at least) that the number may be symbolic and therefore they can add more names to the list.
Their whole organization is a sham.

truthjourney

Have you noticed that in recent years they are starting to change the definition of the 144,000?
But since the quota is very very near to being complete, they are now suggesting (at least) that the number may be symbolic and therefore they can add more names to the list.
It's hard to keep up with their ever changing doctrines and teachings that they claim as "new light" instead of calling it what it really is which is error, false teaching and failed predictions and failed prophecies.They think that something that is always changing is "truth".

Their teaching about the 144,000 was that the closer it gets to Armageddon that the lower the number of those partaking at the Memorial would be. But that number keeps increasing each year. So that's probably why they would now say that it's symbolic. "New light" on that too I guess.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Any religion, cult, denomination, church, or any other belief system that is at odds with the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' as preached by the Apostle Paul is a total SHAM. There is ONLY one true Gospel that has complete credibility in this Dispensation and that is; Paul's Gospel that was given to him by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ. It's extremely important for those who desire to know about their destination after they leave this world, that they pay careful attention and study the writings of Paul, which are found in the New Testament books of; Romans through Philemon. Anyone interested in gaining knowledge about God's Grace being offered in the form of, forgiveness of sins, and eternal life, needs to read and study these writings. The true Gospel of today can be read about and heard in these writings. After hearing about this Gospel, it's imperative that one make the most important decision in their life, and that is; to accept or reject God's offer of salvation to every individual. Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
It's hard to keep up with their ever changing doctrines and teachings that they claim as "new light" instead of calling it what it really is which is error, false teaching and failed predictions and failed prophecies.They think that something that is always changing is "truth".

Their teaching about the 144,000 was that the closer it gets to Armageddon that the lower the number of those partaking at the Memorial would be. But that number keeps increasing each year. So that's probably why they would now say that it's symbolic. "New light" on that too I guess.
Yeppers.
"Symbolic" has become the go-to word when you want to change the truth.

God's Truth

You got caught in another falsehood is what happened.

You are trying to demean the gospel by using Judas. That is shameful of you to do that.

Those who know the truth and want to be saved, they know that they repent and have to believe that Jesus washes away their sins.

God's Truth

Just what is YOUR interpretation of the word, REPENT?

Acknowledge your sins and be sorry for them. It means to stop doing those sins.

When Jesus walked the earth he says to repent of sins (Luke 13:5); Jesus says if you obey my teachings you will be saved (Matthew 6:14, Matthew 6:15, John 8:31, John 13:17, John 15:10, John 15:14).

In addition, the disciples after having received the Holy Spirit, they CONTINUED to preach that the people should believe AND REPENT of their sins and call on Jesus' name (Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47, Acts 3:19,) and, even PAUL HIMSELF PREACHED REPENT of SINS (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20, 2 Corinthians 12:21 ).

When Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, he taught to obey and repent of sins, Revelation 3:3, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 3:19, Revelation 9:20,21,Revelation 16:10, 11.

God's Truth

If all the jailer had to do is believe and nothing else, why did he ask what he had to do and why then was he water baptized with the baptism of repentance?

In Acts 2:37 those to whom Peter preached responded by asking, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

Why did Peter say, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

That is two different times now you see that people asked what should they do and they repented as was evident by their water baptism.

Paul asked too what he had to do, and he was told what to do. In addition, we see that after Paul believed he was baptized with the baptism of repentance (Acts 9:18); as were the Samaritans (Acts 8:12); the Ethiopian (Acts 8:35-39); Cornelius (Acts 10:47-48) and Crispus (Acts 18:8).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Acknowledge your sins and be sorry for them. It means to stop doing those sins.

When Jesus walked the earth he says to repent of sins (Luke 13:5); Jesus says if you obey my teachings you will be saved (Matthew 6:14, Matthew 6:15, John 8:31, John 13:17, John 15:10, John 15:14).

In addition, the disciples after having received the Holy Spirit, they CONTINUED to preach that the people should believe AND REPENT of their sins and call on Jesus' name (Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47, Acts 3:19,) and, even PAUL HIMSELF PREACHED REPENT of SINS (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20, 2 Corinthians 12:21 ).

When Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, he taught to obey and repent of sins, Revelation 3:3, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 3:19, Revelation 9:20,21,Revelation 16:10, 11.

You CERTAINLY don't have a clear understanding of the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' that was taught/preached by the Apostle Paul.