Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

KingdomRose

I have accepted Christ as my Savior and everything else you said there. Yet you have a problem with that. I wonder why. :confused:

And it's funny that you yourself quoted Revelation 20:12 where it says that people will be judged according to their works. Why do you ignore that? Why did you quote it if you don't believe it?:rolleyes:

Throughout the Bible it can be seen that a person CAN lose their salvation if they go back to the things of the world. It's astounding that you don't see it. We will be saved if we ENDURE to the end. (Matt.24:13) At the moment we are saved---for now, so far. We have to STAY on the road to life.

KingdomRose

The ones being judged in Revelation 20:12 are the unsaved throughout history. The unsaved will be judged by their works. However, their sins were NEVER payed for on the cross, therefore, they have to suffer for those sins in the Lake of Fire, for eternity. The saved people will be judged (Without punishment) for the rewards they will receive while in the flesh. There is no condemnation/punishment or Hell and Lake of Fire for those who are saved, through faith alone.

It doesn't say there that the dead that were standing before the throne were the "unsaved." You are adding to that.

KingdomRose

Do it. In fact, begin a new thread on it.

I say you can't take it apart, nor the other graphic.

But do try. Start a new thread just for that.

I would love to. I fear that it won't last long, though, because the management here tells me to stop disrupting the thinking of everybody else here. They threaten to throw me off the forum. But I will try, and we'll see how long it lasts.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe I answered this already, but I'll try again to clarify.

The point has been---you believe that Jesus is Jehovah, yet you shrug off Psalm 110 where Jehovah is talking to Jesus.

Which does not conflict with my paradigm.

You say that the one Person of the Trinity is speaking to another Person of the Trinity.

Again, which does not conflict with my paradigm.

Doesn't that show that they are NOT the same Person?

When have I ever said they were the same Person?

I have always said that God is one BEING, three PERSONS.

And again....Isaiah 61 is applied to Jesus himself when he spoke in the synagogue at Luke 4:16-21. He wouldn't be anointing himself or sending himself.

Do you not know what the word "prefigure" means?

Isaiah 61 is talking about Isaiah himself being anointed.

But Isaiah is also, in that passage, PREFIGURING Christ being anointed. Isaiah 61, therefore, is PROPHECY of JESUS HIMSELF.

As for Luke 4:16-21, Jesus is simply fulfilling that prophecy, as He says in verse 21.

Again, NONE OF WHICH conflicts with the Trinity.

After all, he said that he wanted to do the will of the FATHER, and not his own will. (Matt.6:9,10; Matthew 26:39)

Again, how is this supposed to conflict with the Trinity?

If Jesus is God the Son, the second Person of the Trinity, and God the Son submits His will to the will of His Father, God the Father, the first Person of the Trinity, then THERE IS NO CONFLICT WITH SCRIPTURE.

So what's your point? What conflict do you see between what I believe and what Scripture says?

Christ paid the debt, as God's SON, not God Himself.

You keep saying this, but you're incorrect.

Christ paid the debt, BOTH as God's Son come as a man, AND as God Himself, the PERFECT MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN, because HE IS BOTH GOD AND MAN.

And again:

IF JESUS IS NOT GOD, is anything less than God Himself, THEN HIS DEATH COULD SAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

I'm waiting for scriptures from you that show that God had to die.

I ALREADY GAVE YOU THE SCRIPTURE. Go back and read it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have accepted Christ as my Savior and everything else you said there. Yet you have a problem with that. I wonder why. :confused:

And it's funny that you yourself quoted Revelation 20:12 where it says that people will be judged according to their works. Why do you ignore that? Why did you quote it if you don't believe it?:rolleyes:

Throughout the Bible it can be seen that a person CAN lose their salvation if they go back to the things of the world. It's astounding that you don't see it. We will be saved if we ENDURE to the end. (Matt.24:13) At the moment we are saved---for now, so far. We have to STAY on the road to life.

In the book of Matthew, Christ was teaching things that concerned the 'Lost sheep of the House of Israel.' Christ's earthly ministry was to the House of Israel. Later, the Apostle Paul is given the Gospel of the Grace of God (by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ) that Paul was to preach to the gentiles. Read Paul's writings in Romans through Philemon.

I never said I didn't believe Revelation 20:12? In fact, I use that verse of Scripture, quite often.

KingdomRose

I declare before you and anyone else that those who are Children of God willfully sin everyday of our combined lives. One cannot awaken in the morning and lay one's head down on the pillow by night without willfully sinning. Sin is not the issue for a member of the Body of Christ. Sin was taken away from us, at the cross and once we placed our faith in Christ. God doesn't hold our sins against us, accept for the times (of His choosing) when He feels we need His discipline. Hebrews 12:6 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

Oh no. You are wrong. We CAN stop WILLFULLY sinning, and that is what God expects of us. What we can't help are inbred tendencies to sin, inherited from Adam. Sometimes we don't even realize we are sinning. It is that kind of sin that Jesus' blood covers. Not willful sin.

"For if we practice sin WILLFULLY after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left." (Hebrews 10:26)

oatmeal

Jesus was the son of man. He is our Mediator between us sinful people and a Holy God. 1 Timothy 2:5 Being our mediator does not exclude Him from being fully human.... nor from being fully God.

If you actually read what is says , you would find out that Jesus Christ being the man, absolutely excludes him from being God.

Read it sometime

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who does scripture declare is the one mediator between God and men?

a. the God Christ Jesus

b. the second person of the trinity, Christ Jesus

c. the man Christ Jesus

d. the Godman Christ Jesus

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It doesn't say there that the dead that were standing before the throne were the "unsaved." You are adding to that.

They cannot be anything more or less than; unbelievers. Why you may ask? Because, the believers throughout the history of man will not be judged by their works, but, according to their faith. It's always been about faith right from the beginning.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So it looks like you CAN'T explain what I'm asking you to explain. You believe that Jesus is his Father,

No. We don't. No Trinitarian believes that Jesus is the Father.

Yes. Every Trinitarian believes Jesus is Jehovah.

Jehovah is the name of the Triune God. The name applies coequally to each of the Persons of the Trinity.

and I am asking you to explain how Jesus would send himself and anoint himself, which, if it was true, you would explain it to me.

I just did.

The Father, who is God the Father, sent Jesus, who is God the Son, and was anointed by the Holy Spirit, who is God the Holy Ghost.

No, you say that Jesus IS JEHOVAH.

Yes, we do.

That means that he, "God the Son," and "God the Father" are the same Person.

No, it doesn't. It means they are the same BEING, not the same Person.

BEING is not the same as PERSON.

You, KR, are one PERSON and one BEING.

God is three PERSONS and one BEING.

Why can't you get that through your thick skull?

Or are you reneging on that line of thinking?

No one is reneging on anything. You're just presenting straw men arguments.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you actually read what is says , you would find out that Jesus Christ being the man, absolutely excludes him from being God.

Read it sometime

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

a. the God Christ Jesus

c. the man Christ Jesus

You're another one who denies the Deity of Christ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Read it sometime

a. the God Christ Jesus

c. the man Christ Jesus

If Jesus is not God, or is anything less than God Himself, Jesus' death could not save anyone, NOT ONE PERSON.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh no. You are wrong. We CAN stop WILLFULLY sinning, and that is what God expects of us. What we can't help are inbred tendencies to sin, inherited from Adam. Sometimes we don't even realize we are sinning. It is that kind of sin that Jesus' blood covers. Not willful sin.

"For if we practice sin WILLFULLY after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left." (Hebrews 10:26)

It's not SIN that will keep you from eternal life, it's a lack of faith in the 'true Gospel' that will hinder you and your ilk.

KingdomRose

By the way, KR, I just spoke to a JW who was going around a truck stop I stopped at briefly, and told him I was in a debate with a few JWs on here (you, among others), and you know what he told me?

He told me you're not even supposed to be debating online.

Naughty naughty...

He is uninformed. We have never been told to not debate online. It is his own opinion. Years ago we were instructed to stay away from the Internet because it was dangerous. Now JWs have a Website of our own! We also conduct Bible studies by email. Now what would be wrong with instant messaging? It's just email that is faster. And these religious forums? Not much different than emailing or instant messaging. Things have changed a great deal. Thankfully not many of us go into these forums, because not everybody is suitably experienced. It's tricky sometimes when an ex-JW comes into the forums and begins putting down the WTS and the Governing Body, and I can spot them easily. Others might not be able to and could become somewhat frustrated, not knowing all of our history, etc., like someone like me who is familiar with all of our history and all the reasons why we have done the things we have done.

KingdomRose

It appears as if the 'JW Cult' believes Christ was an angel named Michael? That's even more proof that they are preaching falsehoods and some form of blasphemy. Jesus Christ was and is, the Son of God and God the Son. To relegate Christ to being one of God's created beings is disgusting and totally inappropriate to Christ's Deity.

I explained to marhig why we think Jesus is Michael. Why didn't you explain why you disagreed with what I said about it then?