Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Response to post #2093:

You know, it's easier just to quote the post directly and respond that way...

Seems like your post is almost as long as CR's.:think:

Not. Even. Close.

Well anyway, I don't understand why you think GOD has to die for mankind. The Scriptures don't say that anywhere.

Had you actually read my post, you would find where Scripture DOES IN FACT say that only God could die to save all mankind.

In fact, Paul brings out that a man comparable to ADAM is what is required of the Ransomer. Not God. Can you provide a scripture that says that God must die for mankind?

I already did. See my previous post addressed to you.

"For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19, NIV)

"Through the obedience of one Man

Fixed that for you.

Funny how I'm coming up with verses that say that man can't die for any other man's sin, and that only God will save, and verses that say that God became a man, and that Jesus is God.

It's almost like I'm proving your position wrong.

"For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." (I Corinthians 15:21,22, NIV)

"Death came through man, . . . also through Man."

Fixed that for you.

This is not to say that Christ was ONLY a man.

Again, I repeat:

IF Jesus was anything LESS than God Himself, He could not save one single human being.

It's not possible. Created beings are simply not valuable enough to pay the ransom for sin. Only God is infinitely valuable, because where man has a beginning, and will exist for the rest of eternity, God does not have a beginning, and has existed for all of eternity past, and will exist for the rest of eternity. The only thing greater than a created beings existence is God's existence. A created being only has enough value to pay for his own existence.

He was much more---a perfect man, come from above. But it shows that what was required to die for us was not GOD, but a man, a perfect man that obeyed God

See the passage in Psalm I quoted above.

and willingly gave up his life for us. If Jesus hadn't done it, any other perfect man could have.

Again, see the passage from Psalm

Jehovah would have had to send down another angel to become a human on Earth.

So you DO think that Jesus was just an angel?

Talk about blasphemy...

But Jesus gladly came, and he was faithful to the end of his earthly life.

If he was God, he wouldn't have had to be obedient to ANYBODY, would he?

Only if God was one Being, one Person. But God is not just one Being, one Person. God is one Being, three Persons.

And since Jesus was the second Person of that tri-unity, God the Son, who submitted His will the first Person of that tri-unity, God the Father, not only was he the perfect example of how children should honor their parents, but He willingly gave up his life for His creation.

God isn't obedient to anyone else. He has all authority and power. But Jesus was obedient, to his Father. And because of that God GAVE him more power and authority than he had even before he came to Earth.

See above.

God gave Him what He had with the Father before the world began. Or did you forget that verse?

Jesus humbled himself and became obedient as far as death, and "for this very reason also God exalted him to a superior position and kindly GAVE him the name that is above every other name." (Philippians 2:8,9)

Are you going to show us where in Scripture it says that God had to die?

See above.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
By the way, KR, I just spoke to a JW who was going around a truck stop I stopped at briefly, and told him I was in a debate with a few JWs on here (you, among others), and you know what he told me?

He told me you're not even supposed to be debating online.

Naughty naughty...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One can speak for all when scripture says that all have sinned and fall short, and that if anyone says they are without sin, they are a liar.

I knew right from wrong, and had a conscience that found it hard to sin, before I was saved.
The same could be said of many atheists, that they could also know right from wrong and have a conscience that doesn't want to sin.

Since we have scripture that tells us that all have sinned and that any that say they are without are liars, then we can conclude that the Holy Spirit hasn't made anyone stop sinning.

Not sure why you would say "every day" or "know in your heart".
Sin is sin whether you sin once or every day, or whether you knew it in your heart or not.
So it has never been a question of how much or little you sin.

I don't know of a single instance when GOD chastened or scourged me when I sinned.
That sort of mentality is akin to what Job's friends kept saying to him ----- "Geeze, Job, these awful things wouldn't be happening to you unless you did something wrong to be chastised for".
They were the ones doing wrong, and yet it was Job that was suffering, not them.

When I was about eight or nine-years old, I wasn't a Christian, my family didn't go to church except once on Christmas and once on Easter, I knew NOTHING about God, yet, when some friends wanted me to go with them and steal candy from a store, I knew it was wrong somehow and refused to participate. As a child I had a very strong conscience. My Mom would tell me to sit in a certain chair while she went to the store and when she got back I was sitting in that exact chair in total obedience. (My Sister was a different story.) Another time when I was eight or nine my Mom took us kids to a Department store and I opened a Halloween costume box and accidently broke the string on the mask, so I went to my Mom, asked her for a nickel and went and placed that nickel in the costume box, in order to make amends for the damage I had caused.

I wasn't a Christian then, I didn't know who the Holy Spirit was nor did I really have a concept of God. All I had was a conscience to know the difference between right and wrong. Like you say, Tam, one doesn't need to be a Christian in order to make good choices in life, be obedient, be kind, be lawful, recognize consequences, etc. Like you said, an Atheist can do good things, provide good works/deeds, help the poor, respect their Parents, obey the laws of the land, not steal, lie, cheat, etc. The problem is, being a good person will not help you inherit eternal life, receive forgiveness of sins, or become a member of the Body of Christ.

There's a lot of really good people out there that aren't saved and will not spend eternity in Heaven, but, will end up in the Lake of Fire and eternal damnation. Being a good person doesn't cut it with God. The Bible says in Isaiah 64:6; "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

God sees the righteousness of human beings as 'filthy rags.' So, if one should find themselves standing before Almighty God at the judgement for the unbelievers, they can rest assured, that God will NOT be impressed with their 'righteousness, good works/deeds.' In fact, the Bible says in Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." So, we already KNOW what God thinks about, good works/deeds/righteousness. He thinks they're like 'filthy rags.' How far will the unbelievers get with their 'righteousness' before a totally righteous and perfect God, who MUST punish sin of any kind?

The Bible says in James 2:10; "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

According to that verse of Scripture, if someone/anyone would be able to obey the ENTIRE law, yet, they disobeyed even ONE of the laws, they would be GUILTY of disobeying EVERY law. If a person believes they're capable of being 'good enough' to enter into the presence of God, they'd be mistaken, because, in order to spend eternity in Heaven with God, you'd have to have NEVER sinned throughout your ENTIRE life. Basically, you'd have to be the Lord Jesus Christ. He was 100% sinless throughout His entire life, He's the ONLY one that ever accomplished that. So, if someone thinks they can 'earn their way to Heaven' through 100% obedience to the law, they'll have an extremely rude awakening. Actually, you have to be equivalent to Christ in order to be in the presents of God for eternity.

That's why, when we hear the Gospel and place ALL of our faith in Christ as our Lord and Savior, we actually become a 'Child of God' who, in the eyes of God is sinless. We are sinless, because, Christ took our place and paid the price for all of our combined sins; past, present and future. Therefore, God can look on us and ONLY see His Son. (God the Son) If not for Christ's death and resurrection, the human race would ALL stand before a righteous God and be condemned to the 'Lake of Fire' for eternity. God doesn't take sin lightly, it cost Him the blood of Jesus, His Son. (God the Son) And, He was willing to pay that price, out of His love for us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It appears as if the 'JW Cult' believes Christ was an angel named Michael? That's even more proof that they are preaching falsehoods and some form of blasphemy. Jesus Christ was and is, the Son of God and God the Son. To relegate Christ to being one of God's created beings is disgusting and totally inappropriate to Christ's Deity.

KingdomRose

See here.

As for isaiah 61...

Just reading it plainly, I'm pretty sure Isaiah himself is speaking... So as for God anointing and sending Isaiah, is that so hard to comprehend? Why do you think that this is a problem text for me? My paradigm of beliefs has no problem texts, and not because I just explain the problem texts away, but because there literally are no problem texts. Sure, parts of the text is prefiguring Christ.

Psalm 110...?

Sounds like David is describing God the Father talking to God the Son. I don't see why this is a problem for trinitarians. It would be a problem for non-trinitarians, because it would mean that God is telling a created being to sit at God's right hand, a place of honor no created being is worthy of...
I believe I answered this already, but I'll try again to clarify.

The point has been---you believe that Jesus is Jehovah, yet you shrug off Psalm 110 where Jehovah is talking to Jesus. You say that the one Person of the Trinity is speaking to another Person of the Trinity. Doesn't that show that they are NOT the same Person?

And again....Isaiah 61 is applied to Jesus himself when he spoke in the synagogue at Luke 4:16-21. He wouldn't be anointing himself or sending himself. After all, he said that he wanted to do the will of the FATHER, and not his own will. (Matt.6:9,10; Matthew 26:39)

Christ paid the debt, as God's SON, not God Himself. I'm waiting for scriptures from you that show that God had to die.

KingdomRose

KR, your Cult, the 'JWs' as well as the Mormons and other known Cults, are not accepted by the Christian faith. Your Cult and the rest are considered, outside of the Christian community. You preach false doctrines, misinterpret Scripture, and are totally unable to discern Christian truth, as written in the Holy Bible. This is why, you and your ilk will never understand, nor accept anything coming from a true 'Child of God. (Member of the Body of Christ.)

So it looks like you CAN'T explain what I'm asking you to explain. You believe that Jesus is his Father, Jehovah, and I am asking you to explain how Jesus would send himself and anoint himself, which, if it was true, you would explain it to me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To try and counter what a 'JW Cult member' is saying is an 'exercise in futility,' however, by debating their falsehoods, others are able to observe and see how 'anti-Christian' this particular cult is. So, those of us who are in the process of exposing this cult are helping the observers, if not the cultists, themselves.

KingdomRose

No, members of the Body of Christ believe, God the Father was speaking to, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Our finite human minds cannot fully understand the Trinity, however, we are asked to, in faith, believe that the Trinity is made up of, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, yet, these three are one.

No, you say that Jesus IS JEHOVAH. That means that he, "God the Son," and "God the Father" are the same Person. Or are you reneging on that line of thinking?

truthjourney

By the way, KR, I just spoke to a JW who was going around a truck stop I stopped at briefly, and told him I was in a debate with a few JWs on here (you, among others), and you know what he told me?

He told me you're not even supposed to be debating online.

Naughty naughty...
That's right. That's straight from the Governing Body. That's their policy. Because we are considered "worldly", "bad association" "Satan's people, part of Satan's organization" and "apostates". And we're all doomed to be destroyed in Armageddon.

KingdomRose

There's NO hope after you leave this world, (In death) if you reject the Gospel. There will be NO second chances. According to the Bible, the unsaved will be held in a place called Hades (Hell) which is a place of temporal torment. The unsaved will, at the appropriate time, stand before God and be judged according to their works and cast into eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire. This is the same destiny for Satan and his ilk.(The Lake of Fire, that is.) Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Revelation 20:15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

I do not reject the Gospel. And you have yet to show me where the Bible says that I have to believe that Jesus is God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So it looks like you CAN'T explain what I'm asking you to explain. You believe that Jesus is his Father, Jehovah, and I am asking you to explain how Jesus would send himself and anoint himself, which, if it was true, you would explain it to me.

As I previously have stated; There exists; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, yet, they are one. To help illustrate to you what I'm saying; There are three distinct PERSONS, yet, they are, all three united regarding the Godhead. John 14:9 states; "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

All three members of the Trinity are equal members of the whole.