Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
None, I follow Jesus as the Bible teaches us to do, I'm of no denomination. Jesus isn't a denomination, he's the way the truth and the life. And it's his way that is the way back to the father, his way is the only way to live before God, not the way of a certain denomination.

Similar to Meshak. You seem to share a 'works-based belief system' along with her.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not according to Jesus

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

And if it was such a good thing to murder Jesus, why did Jesus say that the Jews had committed a greater sin than Pilate? And why did Jesus ask the father to forgive them if they were doing which pleased God?

And why did Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 2 that they pleased not God in killing Jesus?

1 Thessalonians 2

Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

Nope, the shedding of blood is what was needed to save those who hear the Gospel and place all their faith, in Christ alone and not themselves. Hebrews 9:22 "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

marhig

What is a human beings good works and deeds, compared to the precious shed blood of Christ and His subsequent, resurrection?
We can't do anything unless the blood of Christ through the power of the Spirit is within us.

And we won't be covered by the blood of Christ unless we quickened are raised with Christ and are born anew by the power of the Spirit. Christ's life had to be within us, and Jesus said unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life in you.

To eat his flesh and drink his blood is to take his inward and outward life into our hearts. To read the Bible and listen to his teachings and live by them and truly follow him. To let him into our hearts and let the seed bury deep within, and listen to the Spirit and turn from our flesh so the love of God and the life of Christ can start to grow and be seen in and through us as we are put to death by the Spirit, and the fruits of the Spirit then start to be seen in our flesh by the power of God as he raises us from death to life and we walk in the Spirit in a new and living way that Christ consecrated for us in his flesh. We then become living sacrifices, separated from the world, sacrificing our lives for God, ready to live by his will and please him, putting him first in our lives.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus wasn't just some philosopher, great orator, or a deliverer of nice things to say to others, He was our Savior, our Lord, the Son of God, the Lamb of God, and the third member of the Godhead, in other words, He was, God the Son. His Deity ought not to be questioned.

marhig

I couldn't finish your post. However, I notice how you seem to minimize the reason why Christ came into this world? It wasn't to make us better sinners. It wasn't to say some nice things. It wasn't to make us want to brag about how good we are compared to others. His reason was to shed His blood for our corporate sins and to be resurrected after He died. He lives so we might live. He came to die and die, He did. The only way anyone can benefit by His death and resurrection is to hear the Gospel and place ALL of our faith in what He did for us. It's NOT about us, it's about what He did. God asks for our faith, that's what He wants.
No he was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth. He says this himself, it's not me saying it. He doesn't lie and that is what he says he came here to do. And in doing so he wanted to save as many who would believe in the word of God in truth.

marhig

Jesus wasn't just some philosopher, great orator, or a deliverer of nice things to say to others, He was our Savior, our Lord, the Son of God, the Lamb of God, and the third member of the Godhead, in other words, He was, God the Son. His Deity ought not to be questioned.
And Jesus said that the father was his father and his God. And that the father is the only true God.

Why shouldn't I believe him? They are his words?

marhig

A blood sacrifice was called for and Christ (Because of His Deity) was the ONLY one who was able to supply that sinless blood that was necessary.
Why would God gave to come into this flesh and be crucified by wicked men to save us from his own wrath?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

marhig

Similar to Meshak. You seem to share a 'works-based belief system' along with her.
Paul believed in the the works too

Romans 2

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.

Acts 26

But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Titus 1

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Titus 3:14 And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We can't do anything unless the blood of Christ through the power of the Spirit is within us.

And we won't be covered by the blood of Christ unless we quickened are raised with Christ and are born anew by the power of the Spirit. Christ's life had to be within us, and Jesus said unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life in you.

To eat his flesh and drink his blood is to take his inward and outward life into our hearts. To read the Bible and listen to his teachings and live by them and truly follow him. To let him into our hearts and let the seed bury deep within, and listen to the Spirit and turn from our flesh so the love of God and the life of Christ can start to grow and be seen in and through us as we are put to death by the Spirit, and the fruits of the Spirit then start to be seen in our flesh by the power of God as he raises us from death to life and we walk in the Spirit in a new and living way that Christ consecrated for us in his flesh. We then become living sacrifices, separated from the world, sacrificing our lives for God, ready to live by his will and please him, putting him first in our lives.

You seem to have somethings; right, yet, you're sadly lacking in other things that count, as well. I think one of your problems just might be, your belief that you have to add to what Christ finished at the cross?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Marhig doesn't seem to understand why God needed His Son (God the Son) to come and die for the sins of ALL mankind? She has a HUGE piece of the puzzle missing. She has the ability to articulate things that, on the surface sound good, however, as she posts, you can see she doesn't understand or accept certain fundamentals of the Christian faith?

popsthebuilder

Marhig doesn't seem to understand why God needed His Son (God the Son) to come and die for the sins of ALL mankind? She has a HUGE piece of the puzzle missing. She has the ability to articulate things that, on the surface sound good, however, as she posts, you can see she doesn't understand or accept certain fundamentals of the Christian faith?
List the certain fundamentals you find her lacking in; and show how each is pertinent towards our salvation.

Are we not to resist sin to the point of blood? Is that because He did? How is it that we aren't to follow the Way?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
List the certain fundamentals you find her lacking in; and show how each is pertinent towards our salvation.

Are we not to resist sin to the point of blood? Is that because He did? How is it that we aren't to follow the Way?

Make your own evaluation. Do your own homework/footwork if you're really interested? Don't make demands on others, instead, ponder what I've been saying and if you so desire, opine about my previous comments? Otherwise, I really don't believe there's anything left unsaid this morning.

popsthebuilder

Make your own evaluation. Do your own homework/footwork if you're really interested? Don't make demands on others, instead, ponder what I've been saying and if you so desire, opine about my previous comments? Otherwise, I really don't believe there's anything left unsaid this morning.
You said she is missing some fundamentals of Christianity, without listing them...whatever.....it's on you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
You can't speak for others, only yourself. Whatsoever you do is between you and God.
One can speak for all when scripture says that all have sinned and fall short, and that if anyone says they are without sin, they are a liar.

Those with the Holy Spirit in their hearts should have a strong conscience and should find it hard to sin in any way, and they should be turning away from sin as the Spirit helps them to overcome the works of the flesh.
I knew right from wrong, and had a conscience that found it hard to sin, before I was saved.
The same could be said of many atheists, that they could also know right from wrong and have a conscience that doesn't want to sin.
Since we have scripture that tells us that all have sinned and that any that say they are without are liars, then we can conclude that the Holy Spirit hasn't made anyone stop sinning.

Can you honestly just go ahead and do things every day that you know in your heart are wrong before God?
Not sure why you would say "every day" or "know in your heart".
Sin is sin whether you sin once or every day, or whether you knew it in your heart or not.
So it has never been a question of how much or little you sin.

And yes God does chasten us and scourge us, to put us right and to stop us sinning before him!
I don't know of a single instance when GOD chastened or scourged me when I sinned.
That sort of mentality is akin to what Job's friends kept saying to him ----- "Geeze, Job, these awful things wouldn't be happening to you unless you did something wrong to be chastised for".
They were the ones doing wrong, and yet it was Job that was suffering, not them.

God's Truth

What marhig and you both don't understand is that God doesn't need anyone and that He is called the Son when He came in the flesh.