Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

marhig

I would declare before you or anybody else that those who are Children of God willfully sin everyday of our combined lives. One cannot awaken in the morning and lay one's head down on the pillow by night without willfully sinning. Sin is not the issue for a member of the Body of Christ. Sin was taken away from us, at the cross and once we placed our faith in Christ. God does not hold our sins against us, accept for the times (of His choosing) when He feels we need His discipline. Hebrews 12:6 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

You can't speak for others, only yourself. Whatsoever you do is between you and God.

Those with the Holy Spirit in their hearts should have a strong conscience and should find it hard to sin in any way, and they should be turning away from sin as the Spirit helps them to overcome the works of the flesh.

Can you honestly just go ahead and do things every day that you know in your heart are wrong before God?

And yes God does chasten us and scourge us, to put us right and to stop us sinning before him!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We will all be judged what we do good and bad, even your own apostle Paul tells you this!

Romans 8:1 declares;
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

All who are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit, don't walk after the flesh, but, after the Holy Spirit, therefore, there's NO condemnation for such. The dead spoken of in Revelation 20:12 are the unsaved being judged by God the Father. We who are Children of God are not considered DEAD, but, ALIVE because of the Grace of God that saved us from eternal damnation and gave us eternal life.

2 Corinthians 5:10 declares; "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

I believe this is a separate form of judgement where the believers will stand before Christ Himself and be judged accordingly for the rewards they will receive or lose. However, there will be NO judgement nor condedemnation at this particular judgement.

The Unsaved will stand before God the Father to be judged by their works and cast into the Lake of Fire.

The saved will stand before Christ and be judged regarding their rewards.

marhig

Romans 8:1 declares;
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

All who are indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit, don't walk after the flesh, but, after the Holy Spirit, therefore, there's NO condemnation for such. The dead spoken of in Revelation 20:12 are the unsaved being judged by God the Father. We who are Children of God are not considered DEAD, but, ALIVE because of the Grace of God that saved us from eternal damnation and gave us eternal life.

Yes, no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, but after the Spirit. To wilfully sin is to walk after the flesh. So there will be condemnation for those. As Jesus clearly says, workers of iniquity are in danger of him saying depart from me because I never knew you, because they say they know God and carry on wilfully sinning. He also said, those who live by the will of the father, are those who enter the kingdom of heaven, and the will of the father isn't to wilfully sin every day!

Those who are alive in God, walk after the Spirit and live by the will of God, they don't walk after the flesh and carry on wilfully sinning every day. Those who walk after the flesh and carry on wilfully sinning daily, are doing the works of the flesh and they are listening to Satan as he tempts then into doing so.

God won't be mocked.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we are saved from our future sins. That's not the truth, we are forgiven of our sins that we had done in ignorance when we repented, from then on we are judged on what we do good and bad just as Paul says.

Romans 3

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

And as Paul says in Galatians 5, those who do the works of the flesh shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And Paul also says this in Galatians 5

Galatians 5

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

So we shouldn't be able to do and say filthy things that are immoral and sinful, if we have the Holy Spirit within. And he should be helping us to stop doing these things. We don't just carry on doing them saying that God doesn't see our sins because Jesus died on the cross for us. That's terrible!

And I know the way to salvation, it's through Christ Jesus and believing in the gospel of God that he and his apostles preached. Through faith by the grace of God. He is the way, the truth and the life. And his way is the way to the father.

I'll ONLY answer this post with two questions for you. Did Christ die on the cross for ALL sin or just some sins? When Christ said; "It is finished." in John 19:30, did He leave the reason for His coming to die on the cross, unfinished by NOT shedding His blood for ALL the sins of mankind?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Marhig is, what I call; a WORKER. The opposite of that is what I call, a FAITHER. The WORKER feels they MUST play a part in their own salvation and inheritance of eternal life. They must EARN what they seek to receive from God. Whereas, the FAITHER depends totally on Christ and His death and resurrection on the cross in order to be saved and inherit eternal life.

marhig

I'll ONLY answer this post with two questions for you. Did Christ die on the cross for ALL sin or just some sins? When Christ said; "It is finished." in John 19:30, did He leave the reason for His coming to die on the cross, unfinished by NOT shedding His blood for ALL the sins of mankind?
The shedding of the blood isn't the natural blood of Jesus on the cross, it's spiritual.

Jesus came and bore witness to the truth to save us, he came as a living sacrifice, dead to the flesh, alive in God full of the Spirit, in the fullness of God bodily, this he was in the express image of God, and God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself by the ministry of reconciliation which is the gospel, he reconciled us by the word of God not by Jesus dying on the cross. And those who believe in him and the gospel, are saved through faith by the grace of God. And we then stop living to please ourselves turn away from the world and the lusts of the flesh, and put God first and live by his will and to please him.

That's how I know when a church is false, when they teach their congregation that even if they carry on wilfully sinning daily, it's ok before God. No it isn't, that comes from Satan who spun the same lie to eve when he said she should not surely die for sinning, but yes she did, she died spiritually and by that I mean she was separated from God and cast out of the garden. Now he does the same to those who think that they can carry on wilfully sinning daily and God will be ok with it. They will be separated from God by their own sins.

The wages of sin is death, and that is spiritual death, to be separated from God because we love our flesh before him. God doesn't take lightly those who carry on knowingly sin daily against him, once they know the truth. We are to turn from sin and obey the gospel, and obey the living God.

marhig

Jesus said that he'd finished the works that the father had given him to do before he died on the cross.

And he also said as he was preaching that he was doing the works that his father had given him to do.

John 5

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

And those works were to glorify God, and preach the gospel, bring us a new and living way showing us the truth in word a deed. It says in the Bible that Jesus began to do and teach, he was a doer of the word. He lived it out and came as a perfect example for us to follow. These are the works that Jesus came to do. He bore witness to the truth perfectly and lived by the will of God showing us how to live before the father.

Jesus came here to bare witness to the truth, these are Jesus's words not mine!

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

John 17

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do

And that was all before he went on the cross!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do I believe that a WORKER can be saved, forgiven of their sins and inherit eternal life? The answer is, I really don't know to any degree of certainty? Revelation 20:12 states; "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Of a truth, the 'Book of Life' is quite interesting, in that, I don't really KNOW 100% what it contains, however, I would offer a theory regarding what it MAY contain. I theorize that it may contain the names of the TRUE BELIEVERS that were saved by faith from the beginning of the history of the world? And, if a person's name isn't in that 'Book of Life' they will certainly be cast into the 'Lake of Fire' for eternity. The BOOKS spoken of, most likely contains the names or sins (?) of all of the unbelievers during the course of human existence?

I have a faithful Christian friend who has read the Bible a number of times (Cover to cover, each time) and she believes that, if someone merely has a simple faith in Christ (a Meshak type) without a lot of wisdom or knowledge regarding the Bible, that person might just be saved in the end analysis? I'm kind of a Pauline Gospel purest who believes one MUST follow and adhere to the 'Gospel of the Grace of God' to its fullest extent. In other words, one MUST hear Paul's Gospel (Given to him by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ) and place ALL of their faith in Christ as their Lord and Savior and none in themselves or anything else.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus said that he'd finished the works that the father had given him to do before he died on the cross.

Your problem here is, Christ stated; "It is finished", right before He died, so you're just guessing about what time period He was speaking of? The real reason He stated that, within perhaps seconds before He died, was to declare the reason why He came into this world to begin with, which was to die for the sins of ALL mankind, which He had fulfilled, therefore, He said; "It is finished."

Had He NOT died on the cross (which was His main purpose) we (The believers) would still have our sins to contend with.

marhig

Your problem here is, Christ stated; "It is finished", right before He died, so you're just guessing about what time period He was speaking of? The real reason He stated that, within perhaps seconds before He died, was to declare the reason why He came into this world to begin with, which was to die for the sins of ALL mankind, which He had fulfilled, therefore, He said; "It is finished."

Had He NOT died on the cross (which was His main purpose) we (The believers) would still have our sins to contend with.
When Jesus said he'd finished, he had overcame Satan. He denied himself unto his last breath and Satan couldn't get him to sin, no matter what he did. Satan would have loved nothing better than for Jesus to go against God. He tempted him in the wilderness to do so. And he was doing it at the cross too. Satan was going to make Jesus suffer and God foreknew what Satan would do to Jesus and Jesus was willing for it to bare witness to the truth hoping to save as many as would believe in him and in the gospel. And then live by it, and through Christ, bare witness to the truth themselves.

Jesus could have turned away at anytime, he could have said anything to please them to get them to stop, but he didn't as he had to suffer whatever was set before him and if he turned away then wouldn't have been speaking or baring witness to the truth. So he had to suffer what he went through, he had to suffer whatever Satan did to him and overcome him and not give in to his temptations and not go against God. Satan had wicked men scourge and beat Jesus and murder him and put him through immense suffering to try and get him to sin and turn from God. But Jesus was too strong for him, God has sent an angel to strengthen him because he was always living by the will of God so God never left him, he was with him always strengthening and giving him the power over all flesh and power over Satan and giving him the strength to bare everything he was going through and overcome Satan right until his last breath. Then he had finished, he fought Satan on his own ground and won!

And now Christ through the Spirit can strengthen us to overcome too, the life of Christ in our hearts should be helping us to stop sinning, the power of the Spirit should be helping us to overcome.

Would Christ be telling us to sin? No, he will be teaching and guiding us to turn from sin, when we know it's a sin to do something and do it, then we are listening to the devil, the prince of this world who wants to keep us in darkness and away from the light of Christ. And he does that by tempting us to sin but if we have Christ in our hearts, then we should be able to know that the devil is tempting us and we should turn away, and if it's hard to do, then we are to go to God and pray hard for help in the name of Jesus Christ and have complete faith in him, trust in him and that he can do anything. God can help us to overcome anything in this world. He is a living God, and all things are possible with him. If he is on our hearts, then he is stronger than he who is in the world and he can help us to overcome the devil and his sinful ways.

marhig

I would ask Marhig what church or denomination she's affiliated with, however, I highly doubt she'd give me the answer?
None, I follow Jesus as the Bible teaches us to do, I'm of no denomination. Jesus isn't a denomination, he's the way the truth and the life. And it's his way that is the way back to the father, his way is the only way to live before God, not the way of a certain denomination.

marhig

Billy Graham once said; "Christ is the only one to come into the world, with the specific reason of dying." Graham was totally right.
Not according to Jesus

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

And if it was such a good thing to murder Jesus, why did Jesus say that the Jews had committed a greater sin than Pilate? And why did Jesus ask the father to forgive them if they were doing which pleased God?

And why did Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 2 that they pleased not God in killing Jesus?

1 Thessalonians 2

Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When Jesus said he'd finished, he had overcame Satan. He denied himself unto his last breath and Satan couldn't get him to sin, no matter what he did. Satan would have loved nothing better than for Jesus to go against God. He tempted him in the wilderness to do so. And he was doing it at the cross too. Satan was going to make Jesus suffer and God foreknew what Satan would do to Jesus and Jesus was willing for it to bare witness to the truth hoping to save as many as would believe in him and in the gospel. And then live by it, and through Christ, bare witness to the truth themselves.

Jesus could have turned away at anytime, he could have said anything to please them to get them to stop, but he didn't as he had to suffer whatever was set before him and if he turned away then wouldn't have been speaking or baring witness to the truth. So he had to suffer what he went through, he had to suffer whatever Satan did to him and overcome him and not give in to his temptations and not go against God. Satan had wicked men scourge and beat Jesus and murder him and put him through immense suffering to try and get him to sin and turn from God. But Jesus was too strong for him, God has sent an angel to strengthen him because he was always living by the will of God so God never left him, he was with him always strengthening and giving him the power over all flesh and power over Satan and giving him the strength to bare everything he was going through and overcome Satan right until his last breath. Then he had finished, he fought Satan on his own ground and won!

And now Christ through the Spirit can strengthen us to overcome too, the life of Christ in our hearts should be helping us to stop sinning, the power of the Spirit should be helping us to overcome.

Would Christ be telling us to sin? No, he will be teaching and guiding us to turn from sin, when we know it's a sin to do something and do it, then we are listening to the devil, the prince of this world who wants to keep us in darkness and away from the light of Christ. And he does that by tempting us to sin but if we have Christ in our hearts, then we should be able to know that the devil is tempting us and we should turn away, and if it's hard to do, then we are to go to God and pray hard for help in the name of Jesus Christ and have complete faith in him, trust in him and that he can do anything. God can help us to overcome anything in this world. He is a living God, and all things are possible with him. If he is on our hearts, then he is stronger than he who is in the world and he can help us to overcome the devil and his sinful ways.

I couldn't finish your post. However, I notice how you seem to minimize the reason why Christ came into this world? It wasn't to make us better sinners. It wasn't to say some nice things. It wasn't to make us want to brag about how good we are compared to others. His reason was to shed His blood for our corporate sins and to be resurrected after He died. He lives so we might live. He came to die and die, He did. The only way anyone can benefit by His death and resurrection is to hear the Gospel and place ALL of our faith in what He did for us. It's NOT about us, it's about what He did. God asks for our faith, that's what He wants.