Christian Kids in the Public School

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
ParsonJefferson, you should just be big enough to step up to the plate and admit where you've crossed the line. Even if you feel that Yorzhik was out of place in saying what he did, you have to admit that what he said compared to what you said about his daughter doesn't compare.

Shadowmaid is a very sweet and kind young lady who has been around here for a long time and it's not to easy for some of the members here to just sit back and not say anything when it comes to what you suggested concerning her, let alone her own dad.

Trust me when I say that had somebody said something like that about your daughter, I'm sure it would rile up many TOL members the same way even though we don't know her like we've had the priviledge of knowing Shadowmaid. Surely you can understand this.

I don't even know what he said and I'm getting pissed.
I've met Shadowmaid and she is a sharp, moral young lady.
I wonder what a thread about Parson Jeff's public school raised daughters would look like.:shut:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by The Barbarian
Yep. He already knows. And it doesn't help him to do better.
Yep. Stupid and dishonest, too.

Afraid to answer the last question because the answer underminds you first two answers.

You mean this one?

What would God have done to Joseph and Mary if they had sent little Jesus off to the Philistine school each day for 12 years?

I thought it was a joke. Anyone who reads the Bible even occasionally, would know that by the time Jesus was born, there were no Philistines. You meant it for real? :doh:

What exactly is it about orthodox Christianity that riles you so much? And what makes you think that public schools in an overwhelmingly Christian nation, would be fighting Christianity?

Do you really think Christians are so stupid they vote for school board members who hate Christians? Honestly?

Do you have any idea of what that sounds like to other people?

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
This post could make some think that loving God comes with a hatred of your fellow man. Please stop your judgemental attitude, which will be well in line with verses that you posted earlier in this thread. Your mocking does no one any good, and it is sad to see a fellow Christian engage in such derisive, dismissive and useless behavior.

Aren't you being judgmental towards me? :dizzy:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber

What exactly is it about orthodox Christianity that riles you so much? And what makes you think that public schools in an overwhelmingly Christian nation, would be fighting Christianity?

Do you really think Christians are so stupid they vote for school board members who hate Christians? Honestly?

Do you have any idea of what that sounds like to other people?

Nothing.
The dead fruit. (Christian nation :rotfl: oh man, thats funny!)
Yes. But your premise is wrong, the parents are not Christian.
Like pearls before swine. :chew:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
I thought it was a joke. Anyone who reads the Bible even occasionally, would know that by the time Jesus was born, there were no Philistines. You meant it for real? :doh:

You read the Bible even occasionally?

Where did the Palastinians come from?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I thought it was a joke. Anyone who reads the Bible even occasionally, would know that by the time Jesus was born, there were no Philistines. You meant it for real?

You read the Bible even occasionally?

Couple of times a day. Here's a good one; where in the Bible is the last mention of Philistines? Hint: different answers for different Bibles.

Where did the Palastinians come from?

Palestinians? Arabian penninsula, most of them. By Hellenistic times, the Philistines were no longer an identifiable people.

You were serious about Philistines in Jesus's time. Amazing. :rolleyes:

Layla

I agree, but I think the things he said in regards to Shadowmaid were even more contemptible. She is just a young girl, and the man should be ashamed of himself.

I said this earlier in the thread, and got no reply -- why does the fact that she's a young girl mean she's unable to stick up for herself, or render her off-limits for the critisisms when you guys throw around insults all the time? I don't think what PJ said was reasonable, or nice, but I don't think it's any worse than what he said to/about you or Yorhzik. I'm also a young girl, and you don't see anyone pulling their punches with me. Indeed, I wouldn't want them to. Shadowmaid seems like a very intelligent, level-headed and strong-willed young lady, I don't see how or why she needs to be defended on this level, she seems more than capable of sticking up for herself.

I wonder what a thread about Parson Jeff's public school raised daughters would look like.:shut:

It's shocking to me that some of you can condemn PJ for his attitude and comments while acting in a similar manner as he did. The fact that he was out of line doesn't make it ok for you to insult his children.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Hey IA,
My comment was not "similar", it was totally after the fact, and he deserves to be smacked around for being a lying jerk on no less than 3 threads yesterday.

Layla

Hey IA,
My comment was not "similar", it was totally after the fact, and he deserves to be smacked around for being a lying jerk on no less than 3 threads yesterday.

After the fact? How is that relevant? If anything, it's worse.. PJ's behavior was because of his defensive reaction to the views expressed by homeschoolers.. it was understandable, even though it wasn't justified. Yours, on the other hand, has no such reason behind it.. you're simply jumping into a thread to insult someone. And, I disagree that he deserves it.. no-one deserves to have their kids insulted, it's completely out of line. His bad behavior does not justify bad behavior from others. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought it was a joke. Anyone who reads the Bible even occasionally, would know that by the time Jesus was born, there were no Philistines. You meant it for real?

Couple of times a day. Here's a good one; where in the Bible is the last mention of Philistines? Hint: different answers for different Bibles.

Palestinians? Arabian penninsula, most of them. By Hellenistic times, the Philistines were no longer an identifiable people.

You were serious about Philistines in Jesus's time. Amazing. :rolleyes:
Philistines in this case would be a "figure".

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said this earlier in the thread, and got no reply -- why does the fact that she's a young girl mean she's unable to stick up for herself,
She does fine by herself.

or render her off-limits for the critisisms when you guys throw around insults all the time?
She's not off limits, but it's just a consequence of being cared for by me and people like me, that attacking her is attacking us.

It's shocking to me that some of you can condemn PJ for his attitude and comments while acting in a similar manner as he did. The fact that he was out of line doesn't make it ok for you to insult his children.
We acted similarly, but our attacks were justified and his was not. I still don't have any idea whether his kids (the ones who are not adults) know how to roll a joint or put on a condom. This made the attack indirectly, at best, on his children, but directly against the public school system and his house. He chose to view it as a direct attack on his children because, most likely, he is guilty. He knows the public school system is responsible and he did nothing.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
It's good to be arrogant when you know you're right, but you are just foolishly defending a system that hates your Savior.

Here are some quotes from Adolph Hitler:

"Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state."

"Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it."

Glad you brought this up:

In a move with national implications, California's state Senate passed a bill today that establishes a new definition for "sex," threatens references to "mom" and "dad" and could restrict the presentation of scientific evidence to students.

The plan, SB 777, which actually would turn the state into a promoter for the homosexual lifestyle, is much like a bill approved by lawmakers last year but vetoed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who said adequate legal protections against discrimination already existed.

The new measure passed on a 23-13 vote.

For more than a year, advocates for the homosexual lifestyle repeatedly have pressed lawmakers in California – which wields national influence as the biggest purchaser of curriculum – to adopt their agenda. The new plan now goes to the state Assembly, which approved a similar plan in 2006.

The newest legislation, sponsored by state Sen. Sheila James Kuehl, D-Santa Monica, a lesbian, would ban textbooks, references, teaching aids, activities, events, discussions, posters, announcements, workbooks and anything else within the public school system from anything that "reflects or promotes bias against" homosexuality, transgenders, bisexuals or those with "perceived" gender issues.

England earlier warned of the ramifications nationwide, including a tailoring of textbooks by publishers to meet new censorship requirements in California, the largest purchaser of textbooks in the nation. More...

Layla

She does fine by herself.

I agree.

She's not off limits, but it's just a consequence of being cared for by me and people like me, that attacking her is attacking us.

Fair enough. Guess nobody loves me.

We acted similarly, but our attacks were justified and his was not. I still don't have any idea whether his kids (the ones who are not adults) know how to roll a joint or put on a condom. This made the attack indirectly, at best, on his children, but directly against the public school system and his house. He chose to view it as a direct attack on his children because, most likely, he is guilty. He knows the public school system is responsible and he did nothing.

I don't see how your attacks were justified. Attacking his stance, sure, attacking his reasons for the comments he made, yes, attacking his home and family, no. And, I don't believe for a second that his kids know how to roll joints or put on condoms. He didn't answer because the question was offensive and ridiculous.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I read it, and wondered the same thing KMoney did.

And guess what? You're VERY wrong about what I did.

I got involved and made a difference in the Public School my kids were in.

If you want to do nothing but sit on your butt and criticize the Public School System, fine. But don't expect to be taken seriously, because talk is cheap and non-involved critics are a dime-a-dozen. Sorry...
I went to public school from third grade on. I never learned to roll joints, or how to use a condom [at least not in school]. I'm still a virgin, because I have chose to wait until marriage. And guess what, I would never send my children [when I have them] to a public school. Forget sitting on my rear and complaining about the public school system, I'm going to be as involved in my children's education as possible, by being their teacher. Public schooling is one of the worst things you can do to a child. And if you think the schools aren't so bad, think back to when public schools began. And see how they've changed over the years. And realize that as they have gotten worse, they will continue to do so.

And where did you learn to treat women in such a manner? Let me guess, public school.