Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

Shasta

[truscott;4941168]It certainly isn't since it does away with two of the Calvinist and other orthodox blasphemies that GOD knew before we were created who would end in hell but created them anyway and that we are born sinners because we inherited Adam's sin, the worst blasphemy of all.

Well if people come into the world already goats or sheep then there is little difference between your idiosyncratic system and Calvin's which holds that people's fate is already decided when they are born. The only difference is you try to find a legitimate reason to blame and damn the infant.

GOD doesn't create evil any more that salt or brackish water can flow from the spring of pure life giving water, no matter what Calvinists claim.

God does not create evil nor does He see the unborn or children as wicked. Calvin believed this because of Augustine's idea that all of Adam's descendants are personally guilty of Adam's sin. This is what "original sin" really means.

And I am not "speaking of God foreknowing the choices of men and then destining them accordingly" I am speaking about people actually choosing pre-earth to accept HIS deity and HIS promise of election to salvation OR choosing to reject HIM as their GOD and becoming HIS eternal enemies, as it is written, "Who sinned, this man or his parents that he was born blind? IE the disciples knew a man could sin before his birth and carry the judgement on that sin from his birth into his life.

Some people in the Early Centuries did propose preexistence as a solution to the problem of evil. This included minority Judaeism and some pagan belief systems. Probably, in their attempt to understand the problem of evil, the disciples might have been considering these alternatives. However, neither Jesus, his disciples nor the ECF explicitly taught that doctrine, nor did the writers of the OT though you try and insert the idea into their writings.

On this occasion Jesus could have directly presented a lesson on preexistence. Instead, He simply absolved this man and his parents of any blame for his condition. If your doctrine is correct then He might just as well have answered "Yes this man has guilt from his previous existence." Then we would all have reason to morally blame people born with disorders of mind and body.

If such a doctrine were so vital to understanding the origin and final fate of evil don't you think Jesus would have done more to inform His Church about it. Instead he hints at it so that people like you thousands of years later have to read between the lines and "discover" it.

And I cannot countenance this blasphemy...GOD doesn't decree the evil of anyone or HE is the one guilty for that evil, not them and HE would put HIMself in hell if HE was just.

The Arminians believe the same blasphemies Calvin did, they offer nothing new except their take on it adds the inevitability of a universal salvation, which makes Christ seem the fool for all His warnings of a dreadful afterlife.

Classic Arminians do not believe in universal salvation. If you would read the writings of Jacob Arminias you would know that.

You think? Then you think wrong - they were separated into the two groups, the people of the kingdom and the people of the evil one, before the earth was created by their free will acceptance or rejection of YHWH's claims to be our creator GOD made in Sheol at that time. Then we all saw the creation of the physical universe and every knee did bow and every voice did sing HIS praise, Job 38:7. This is supported in

which says EVERY person saw the proof of HIS divinity and power by what was made so they are without excuse and no study of nature on earth has ever by itself convicted anyone of the deity of YHWH in all history. If a study of nature or the stars is all this refers to then everyone has an excuse - it just doesn't prove out in our reality. In fact the biggest religion in the East took their study of our reality to mean that they are all gods and parts of god. Only someone who has been taught to think this proof was in a study of nature and not our witness to the creation of all nature thinks it is plausible and only then if they don't really think about it.

God's glory is displayed in the heavens. That is what Psalm 19 says. That people cannot see it is due to the blindness within them. Some people look at creation and fall down to worship God. Others fall down and worship creation.

Romans 1:20
says that Gods attributes are clearly seen by the things that are made.

The word "are clearly seen" is the translation of the Greek word kathoratai. This is a present tense verb, meaning that these divine attributes are being seen IN THE PRESENT. They are not being recalled from some subliminal pre-incarnate memory.

He explains the parable, leaving out all metaphor or symbolism, as telling us that these people have been separated from each other by their choices BEFORE THESE PEOPLE ARE SOWN INTO THE WORLD!

Let us decide from Jesus words when this takes place. According to what He said Matthew 25:31–46 takes place when the Son of Man returns and gathers the nations before Him to be judged.

At first, there is no way to tell the difference between nations until they are separated. When both groups ask Him to explain why they are being consigned to their respective fates, the King answers by describing what each group has done during their life on earth

35...I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’

Do you really think Jesus was saying that "His brethren" were hungry, thirsty, naked or in prison in some preexistent state and it was then that the sheep met their needs? He is plainly speaking about what they did during their lives in the flesh. He does not even hint that they were receiving judgement for something they did BEFORE they were in the flesh...which would have been the main point if your idea is correct.

Both the Son of Man and the devil sow these people into the world so sow cannot refer to our creation implying therefore that we lived elsewhere in a place of storage and were moved to be scattered / sown into this world by our respective fathers. These makes your assertion they become good or bad seed in life to be wrong because they are sown as good or bad at their birth. It is also suggestive of the place of the dead, ie of spirits not in bodies, Sheol, was the waiting room for life on earth as human. To reject this one must pretend that He has not hardly begun to explain the parable at all. The parable is explained and should be accepted on face value with no word being a symbol of anything else, imCo.

"A place of storage" To work out the kinks in your system you are having to add more theories. So sometime after "all the sons of God shouted for joy" God, for some unknown reason had to put them in stasis. I imagine you will come up with a creative story to explain that too.

When the Bible speaks of a person being the "son" of a spiritual being it is referring to their similarity of motive, character and actions.

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44)

There is no evidence that this pattern of thought and behavior preexisted. Again, if it did, then why didn't Jesus say so? No, their likeness to the devil originated from their own interactions with him.

2 in which you used to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience. 3 We all lived among them at one time in the cravings of our flesh, indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath (Ephesians 2:2)

Is he saying they used to walk in the ways of the world before the foundation of the world? No, I think it is clear that the apostle is talking about their former way of life (on earth) before they came to know Jesus.

Nothing??? John 9:1[FONT=&]As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. [/FONT][FONT=&]2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was BORN blind?” [/FONT][FONT=&]Sigh... they accepted sin before birth.

Jesus did not use that occasion to confirm and affirm such an idea which He would had it been relevant.

Jacob and Esau were trying to murder each other, trying to crush each other to pieces in the womb over the rights of the first born...pretty obvious sin and knowledge they shouldn't have had if your "created on earth " bias is correct, eh?

Where does the Bible say the unborn Esau and Jacob were trying to kill each other? All it mentions is that there was a struggle going on in her womb, movement. The Bible does not say they had knowledge of themselves and of the customs of their tribe. You have imported this idea from your eccentric belief system.

[/FONT]Remember, I am the guy who contends that we can only be guilty of a sin we chose to do by our own free will knowing it was against GOD's declared wishes. GOD, making me do a sin I did not choose by my libertarian free will, would be the guilty one.

I commend you on your belief in free will and even on your attempt to come up with a just way to explain God's judgement but your system is not credible exegetically or historically.

Calvinism is a heresy to both Arminian sects and to the RCC. Big hairy deal. It is almost a badge of honour to be on someone's heresy list. Since nothing about our pre-conception existence destroys or denies our salvation in Christ by faith alone it should be considered a heterodox theology, not a heresy.

For one, the between modern Christians and those who lived in earlier centuries is that it was NOT a badge of honor for them to be considered a heretic. Whether your doctrinal creation should be considered heretical or heterodox is unimportant. Whatever the case it is a fringe belief unless you are a Mormon. Is that where you got this idea? If so, please admit it.

And anyway, Origen's Christology was indeed a heretical blasphemy but must I reject all his theology because HIS Christology was bad? Must I reject Christ on the cross because all heretical Christian sects have Him there?

The ECF did not reject ALL Origin's theology but they did reject preexistence.

Last edited:

fishrovmen

So now you changed your mind again, that the "we" in Ephesians is "all of humanity"?

Robert,
The best vaccination for your vacillation is to read the opening of Pauls letter to the Ephesians. There you will see who the "us" and "we" are that he is addressing.
Once you understand that, you can tweak your understanding based on the Scriptures and not have to flip flop nor will you have contradictions.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,
The best vaccination for your vacillation is to read the opening of Pauls letter to the Ephesians. There you will see who the "us" and "we" are that he is addressing.
Once you understand that, you can tweak your understanding based on the Scriptures and not have to flip flop nor will you have contradictions.

The "we" in Ephesians are those that are "In Christ". The "us" in Ephesians are all of humanity.

God chose all of humanity in Jesus Christ. When Jesus entered into heaven all of humanity entered in with him. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. Its over, its finished, salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This is God's great free gift for all of humanity, Ephesians 2:8. All that you have to do to be saved is receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ, John 1:12.

beloved57

The "we" in Ephesians are those that are "In Christ". The "us" in Ephesians are all of humanity.

God chose all of humanity in Jesus Christ. When Jesus entered into heaven all of humanity entered in with him. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. Its over, its finished, salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This is God's great free gift for all of humanity, Ephesians 2:8. All that you have to do to be saved is receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ, John 1:12.

False teaching not found in scripture !

Robert Pate

Banned
I am in heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 6:56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

No, you are still on this earth in your sinful Adamic body that is prone to sin.

You are hoping to be in heaven with Christ, but you not there yet. You are a typical holiness try to bring the not yet, into the now.

God's Truth

No, you are still on this earth in your sinful Adamic body that is prone to sin.

You are hoping to be in heaven with Christ, but you not there yet. You are a typical holiness try to bring the not yet, into the now.

You just said no to God's Word.

Doesn't that bother you at all?

The scriptures say the saved are with Christ now, but you say no.

You are an opponent of the Truth.

You are an opponent of God Himself.

beloved57

You just said no to God's Word.

Doesn't that bother you at all?

The scriptures say the saved are with Christ now, but you say no.

You are an opponent of the Truth.

You are an opponent of God Himself.

Lol, Both of you deny the saving effects of Christ's death and contribute final salvation on the will of man. Why are yall arguing ?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Robert,

Is the "we" in Ephesians 5:30 (KJV) the Church, or the Apostles?

God's Truth

Lol, Both of you deny the saving effects of Christ's death and contribute final salvation on the will of man. Why are yall arguing ?

You are like them. You both go against obeying God.

Jesus says to obey.

The Calvinists say, "No, I cannot obey until after I am saved."

The Faith alone people say, "No, I will not obey until after you say me."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are like them. You both go against obeying God.

Jesus says to obey.

The Calvinists say, "No, I cannot obey until after I am saved."

The Faith alone people say, "No, I will not obey until after you say me."
There you go, trying to trample others who are only trying their best to serve their Master, GT. There you go again, I mean.

beloved57

Christ died for all, but one who wants to be saved must to what the King says so do to get saved.

If you teach that Christ died for all without exception, and all without exception are not saved, then you teach that Christ's death is ineffective to save. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to reason that out !

God's Truth

If you teach that Christ died for all without exception, and all without exception are not saved, then you teach that Christ's death is ineffective to save. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to reason that out !

I don't teach that.

Stop trying to be a teacher and not look into and read carefully what people say.

God's Truth

Yes, what the King says, correct. Not what you say, and you don't speak for Him. :nono:

I say what the scriptures say.

You speak lies and say what John Calvin says.

You made a mere man a god.

You are ensnared by the devil and are trying to ensnare others.

You do not debate, you insult, slander, and lie.

God's Truth

You sure do. Don't lie. Don't you teach that there are sinners Christ died for, shed His Blood for that are still Lost ? Yes or No ?

There is a hell for a reason.

God says He wills that all be saved, but some resist and some go to Hell.

we have to believe and obey God to be saved and to stay saved.

You will always be against the truth because you speak against obeying God.

God says to believe and obey Him.

You say, "I cannot and will not obey you, for you must save me first."

You are an enemy of all that is holy.