Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

beloved57

There is a hell for a reason.

God says He wills that all be saved, but some resist and some go to Hell.

we have to believe and obey God to be saved and to stay saved.

You will always be against the truth because you speak against obeying God.

God says to believe and obey Him.

You say, "I cannot and will not obey you, for you must save me first."

You are an enemy of all that is holy.

Lol, I see you ran like a scared chicken. Again, don't you teach that there are sinners Christ died for, shed His blood for, which are Lost ? Yes or No. Don't be scared to answer !

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I say what the scriptures say.
You say what you think the Scripture says, propping up yourself and your opinion on the level of what the Lord says; trying to speak for Him. This is you trying to trample others.
You speak lies and say what John Calvin says.

You made a mere man a god.

You are ensnared by the devil and are trying to ensnare others.

You do not debate, you insult, slander, and lie.
This isn't trampling. :up:

God's Truth

You say what you think the Scripture says, propping up yourself and your opinion on the level of what the Lord says; trying to speak for Him. This is you trying to trample others.
This isn't trampling. :up:

Just speak about what is clearly written.

Robert Pate

Banned
Is the "we" in Ephesians 5:30 (KJV) the Church, or the Apostles?

The "we" in Ephesians are Christians or the church. They are the justified. This is why the scripture says, "That we should be holy and without blame before him in love" We are holy and without blame because we have received the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

fishrovmen

The "us" in Ephesians are all of humanity.

All that you have to do to be saved is receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ,
According to you, "all of humanity" is already saved if the "us" in Ephesians 2:5 and 6 is "all of humanity". Which, in fact, makes your opening post directed towards yourself.
As you have done so many times before, you start so many threads accusing others of the same stuff that you are guilty of.

Robert Pate

Banned
According to you, "all of humanity" is already saved if the "us" in Ephesians 2:5 and 6 is "all of humanity".

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, by the doing and the dying of Jesus, but nothing is yours until it is received by faith.

musterion

You Calvinists need to lay off Pate for awhile. He aligns with you 100% on vicarious lawkeeping. That's gotta count for something.

Robert Pate

Banned
You Calvinists need to lay off Pate for awhile. He aligns with you 100% on vicarious lawkeeping. That's gotta count for something.

If Jesus had not fulfilled the law for you, you would not have been saved, because Jesus would still be in Joseph's new tomb.

glorydaz

What?! It IS about stop sinning. Jesus died and gave us the Helper so that we can stop sinning.

No, Jesus died for our sins...all of them, so that we could have life. Are you claiming those sins He died for are not covered by His death on the cross? Are you trusting in yourself to stop sinning instead of trusting in His work on the cross?

All things are lawful for the believer, but not all things are expedient, and sin no longer has dominion over us as it did when we didn't have the Spirit in us. The reason that sin is not counted against the believer is because Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. Our obedience can never come close to making us acceptable to our great and HOLY God. You'd best be relying on His righteousness or you will never get there.

1 Corinthians 6:11-13
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.​

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The "we" in Ephesians are Christians or the church. They are the justified. This is why the scripture says, "That we should be holy and without blame before him in love" We are holy and without blame because we have received the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.
OK. Do you think that "ye" in John 13:35 (KJV) is the Church, or the Apostles? :)

God's Truth

No, Jesus died for our sins...all of them,

No kidding. Jesus died for our sins, and you have to come to the cross, confess, and repent of those sins.

so that we could have life. Are you claiming those sins He died for are not covered by His death on the cross?
If those sins are still in your heart, then you have to get them out. Jesus didn't die so that you can sin and lie and say you did not.

Are you trusting in yourself to stop sinning instead of trusting in His work on the cross?
Jesus tells us how to stop sinning and I do what he says.

All things are lawful for the believer, but not all things are expedient,
Paul is not saying we can sin. That is ludicrous. Paul is quoting what someone might say about being able to eat any kind of meat now.

and sin no longer has dominion over us as it did when we didn't have the Spirit in us.
If you are still sinning, then it does have dominion over you.

The reason that sin is not counted against the believer is because Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe.
Sin that you repent of is not counted against the believer. Do not be deceived... Does that sound familiar to you?

Here let me remind you:

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Here are more scriptures about God does NOT play favoritism.

To put in bluntly, you cannot sin and say you are a believer, a Christian, therefore, because of that, your sin is not accountable.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Our obedience can never come close to making us acceptable to our great and HOLY God. You'd best be relying on His righteousness or you will never get there.

It is never ever wrong or shameful to obey God.

Obeying God is about being a person after God's own heart.

1 Corinthians 6:11-13
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.​

Again, Paul is speaking about eating meat, not about it being lawful to sin!