BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I like this explanation about why the gospel changed.

(2060.2) 194:1.2 "It was about two o’clock when Peter stood up in that very place where his Master had last taught in this temple, and delivered that impassioned appeal which resulted in the winning of more than two thousand souls. The Master had gone, but they suddenly discovered that this story about him had great power with the people. No wonder they were led on into the further proclamation of that which vindicated their former devotion to Jesus and at the same time so constrained men to believe in him. Six of the apostles participated in this meeting: Peter, Andrew, James, John, Philip, and Matthew. They talked for more than an hour and a half and delivered messages in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, as well as a few words in even other tongues with which they had a speaking acquaintance."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

(2060.2) 194:1.2 "It was about two o’clock when Peter stood up in that very place where his Master had last taught in this temple, and delivered that impassioned appeal which resulted in the winning of more than two thousand souls. The Master had gone, but they suddenly discovered that this story about him had great power with the people. No wonder they were led on into the further proclamation of that which vindicated their former devotion to Jesus and at the same time so constrained men to believe in him. Six of the apostles participated in this meeting: Peter, Andrew, James, John, Philip, and Matthew. They talked for more than an hour and a half and delivered messages in Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, as well as a few words in even other tongues with which they had a speaking acquaintance."

Galatians 1:7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!…

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the goodnews is more all-encompassing......

the goodnews is more all-encompassing......

Galatians 1:7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!…

While I did leave this thread,...I will jump in from time to time to address issues as needed, to the delight of GM I'm sure. He cant really complain since he freely has jumped into other threads uninvited trolling away to no end. I address issues, stimulate creative dialogue, and stretch borders, since its about expanding consciousness. I will also address falsehoods, misconceptions, bigotry and general inanity when necessary :)

To the passage above:

Bet Emet Ministries does a good expose on Paul here (see the study links at bottom of page on the book of Galations)

You'll note that this serious charge of Paul about anyone not preaching according to "his" gospel as to being 'accursed' relates to his problems with Jesus original disciples (those who actually knew and spent time with him in the flesh, such as Peter, James, John, etc.)....as his gospel was turning out to be quite different from their teaching. If one is to be 'accursed' for not preaching Paul's gospel (remember this is his own religious claim)....Jesus could be lumped into that category, since it can seen that Paul's gospel differs in many respects to Jesus teaching on the good news of the kingdom, plus Paul never quotes from Jesus words at all, except for the 'Lords Supper' and one other quote that is not even in the gospels, so that Paul certainly came up with his own 'gospel' (tailored to the Gentiles), and was quite egotistical about it, while assuming some kind of relationship or 'fellowship' with the original Jerusalem assembly as a platform launch or credibility for his cause.

Portal Post on Paul here.

Per my previous posts here, the Urantia Papers area a unique composite of materials covering the entire spectrum of human knowledge in religion, philosophy and science existing in the early 20th century, expanded upon them in a new greater cosmological frame-work of universe-reality, values, meanings and relationships.
Principles of goodness, truth and beauty are not 'cursed' but blessed ideals and realities recognized by those having the 'religious experience' thereof. Within man dwells an actual fragment of the eternal God (the thought-adjuster, spirit-monitor, Father-fragment), the indwelling divine presence. It is man's relationship, interaction and ultimate fusion with this spirit-presence that guarantees his immortality, and eternal survival in the worlds beyond.

Far beyond GM's inane claim of fanatisicm (which his own style of criticism is actually a form of)...is the reality of true values and meanings shared within any context where these can be intelligently related. The Urantia Papers serve on that level for any seeker of truth, as well as other religious writings, and even in these various 'bibles'....some books or chapters may be more illumining than others, so that truth must be sought wherever it can be found, it speaking for itself within any given arena.

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Treating the malady......

Treating the malady......

Don't have time for you now! I'll be back!

:p

well of course.....

but know that freelight holds his own ;)

When you start an inflammatory thread, expect appropriate responses. Consider it a form of Preparation H. lol

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Well, here is Jesus teaching his gospel long before the cross.

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

And here is Paul preaching HIS gospel about the cross

"Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."

Seems Paul is guilty first of preaching a new gospel.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Its all relative, in space and time.........

Its all relative, in space and time.........

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

"Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."

Seems a 'new' revelation supplants or 'augments' a previous one and is only valid within its own dispensational-context. Some would argue that Jesus and Paul's gospel-versions are subject to their own dispensations, so that even Paul's will be expanded upon. Time-periods are subject to their own dimension, but the eternal truth-principles carry on, transcending such.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Seems a 'new' revelation supplants or 'augments' a previous one and is only valid within its own dispensational-context. Some would argue that Jesus and Paul's gospel-versions are subject to their own dispensations, so that even Paul's will be expanded upon. Time-periods are subject to their own dimension, but the eternal truth-principles carry on, transcending such.

pj

There was a long list of people claiming to be Messiahs before and after Jesus, but only one was the Son of God. In the 20th century there were many new age claims, gurus and channeled book movements, but only one true revelation, The Urantia Book.

But the Urantia Book doesn't make the claim of divine inspiration, rather it is a time relative composite revelation by many universe personalities. Part 4 is the entire life of Jesus that came from eye witness celestial beings who witnessed the Son of God incarnate on earth. Some of the revelators called "The Life Carriers" have been on earth for the entire 550,000,000 year history of evolution since they planted life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Let's face it, you and Freelight are part of a UFO cult! You guys have
placed your faith in a bunch of 'little green men, floating around in
their spacecrafts! Freelight puts a bunch of fancy words together
to prove his point! Whereas, you're obviously NOT well educated,
and have a childlike mind/imagination! You're NO wordsmith, that's
for certain! So, what we have here is, one (educated) cultist, and
one (uneducated) cult follower!

So far as the truth goes; your combined IQ is in the single digits!
Don't be concerned Caino, not all of us have logic and reason on
our side! You just happen to, not be lucky enough to have, either
one! Did you enjoy your vacation? Best to watch your manners
from now on, don't ya think?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

What you like is, code for; Nobody in their RIGHT mind would
buy this but, I fall for it every time! For obvious reasons of
course!