boycott the NFL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now a few players are saying the protests and taking a knee isn't just about race. It's also about pay gap inequality. We're so lucky to have such thoughtful football players. :rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Has Trump tweeted about them yet? I bet their ratings are WAY DOWN. SAD! :plain:
When Trump made his first comments about the NFL (which was prior to any tweets about it) did you think nobody in America felt the same way? It's been shown that a sizable majority are against the anthem protests, not just Trump supporters.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
When Trump made his first comments about the NFL (which was prior to any tweets about it) did you think nobody in America felt the same way? It's been shown that a sizable majority are against the anthem protests, not just Trump supporters.

Of course Trump isn't alone in his thinking.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
When Trump made his first comments about the NFL (which was prior to any tweets about it) did you think nobody in America felt the same way?
You mean some other nobody? :eek:

It's been shown that a sizable majority are against the anthem protests, not just Trump supporters.
There's no reason to play the weight card. They might have thyroid problems.

Of course Trump isn't alone in his thinking.
Sure. And in 2006, about 30% of people in this country couldn't answer, "What year did 9/11 happen?" :plain: So there's a slice of America right there.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There is only the likelihood of an assault if there is proof the women did not throw themselves at him
He's already on record about not waiting for that.

and that there were clear signals his advances were not wanted
Who gets to decide that one, Trump? :

and that he was the one to initiate things
He literally said he did that sort of thing. So did some of the women who came forward to talk about their experiences.

or that he purposely arranged the circumstances of their meeting to put them in a weak position.
Not an element of any rational standard, though there's evidence of it as well.

All there with Weinstein and absent with Trump.
Complete nonsense. Good to see you back in form.

Tell that to Jill Harth, whom Trump paid for unwanted and repeated, aggressive sexual advances.

She's not alone. Here's a good place to start: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He's already on record about not waiting for that.

Who gets to decide that one, Trump? :

He literally said he did that sort of thing. So did some of the women who came forward to talk about their experiences.

Not an element of any rational standard, though there's evidence of it as well.

Complete nonsense. Good to see you back in form.

Tell that to Jill Harth, whom Trump paid for unwanted and repeated, aggressive sexual advances.

She's not alone. Here's a good place to start: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html
Trump got away with it according to you and now he is your President. This should still be in another thread but alas, you can't help yourself. No comparison between Trump and Slimestein

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Right Town, everybody that's against kneeling for the anthem is dumb, unlike the learned slice of America
Rather, if you're going to try to conflate numbers with argument:

It's been shown that a sizable majority are against the anthem protests, not just Trump supporters.
Then it's reasonable to note that substantial numbers of people are ignorant on any number of points. By way of example, I noted:

...in 2006, about 30% of people in this country couldn't answer, "What year did 9/11 happen?" :plain: So there's a slice of America right there.

And given how you characterize the left, you don't have a stone to throw on disparaging sections of the populace.

That said, I'm not wild about the choice of protest. Never have been. But that doesn't mean I'm right or that they're wrong for exercising an American right on principle.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You just can't live without the victim card, can you...amazing.

Or, if you're going to try to conflate numbers with argument:

Then it's reasonable to note that substantial numbers of people are ignorant on any number of points. By way of example, I noted:

...in 2006, about 30% of people in this country couldn't answer, "What year did 9/11 happen?" :plain: So there's a slice of America right there.

And given how you characterize the left, you don't have a stone to throw on disparaging sections of the populace.
Turnabout is fair play

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You can say you're not left wing but if it walks like one and talks like one, you call it what it is. You consistently espouse the left wing version of every issue whether YOU see it or not.
Nah, you're just letting your emotions take that generalization tendency you have in play and run with it.

Abortion is your only conservative connection.
See? Not even you believe you and no, that's not my only. It's just that what passes for conservative around here is really right wing social conservatism and it's so skewed that Birch would be suspicious to the crowd. :)

Your sarcastic quips are motivated by spite most of the time.
Mind reading? You should stick to trying to articulate your own points consistently. That seems to be enough of a challenge.

Have you ever had your butt kicked? You need to, smart mouth punk
Why PJ, you may be too high strung for this exchange.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Trump got away with it according to you
According to the women, some of whom he paid off. That's what Harvey did too, pay them off. But then he didn't get a handle on himself at some point. Maybe your guy has. :idunno:

and now he is your President.
Well, he's the president. I wouldn't personalize it. You may feel inclined.

This should still be in another thread but alas
Are you laboring under the impression that I created this sidebar? Be disabused. And you jumped in without reservation early and often. So go chide yourself.

you can't help yourself.
Selective focus and hypocrisy noted. Have you a point on the point you feel obliged to suddenly champion? I've made several.

No comparison between Trump and Slimestein
Untrue on the face of it, though if we're to believe the accounts and charges...then again, why would you? Oh, yes, because he was a Democrat.

Turnabout is fair play
If I had a nickle for every time you said something untrue about me I'd have to reconsider retirement. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nah, you're just letting your emotions take that generalization tendency you have in play and run with it.

See? Not even you believe you and no, that's not my only. It's just that what passes for conservative around here is really right wing social conservatism and it's so skewed that Birch would be suspicious to the crowd. :)

Mind reading? You should stick to trying to articulate your own points consistently. That seems to be enough of a challenge.

Why PJ, you may be too high strung for this exchange.
It's not as if I'm the only one here that has noticed your leftward march. It's imperceptible to you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
According to the women, some of whom he paid off. That's what Harvey did too, pay them off. But then he didn't get a handle on himself at some point. Maybe your guy has. :idunno:

Well, he's the president. I wouldn't personalize it. You may feel inclined.

Are you laboring under the impression that I created this sidebar? Be disabused. And you jumped in without reservation early and often. So go chide yourself.

Selective focus and hypocrisy noted. Have you a point on the point you feel obliged to suddenly champion? I've made several.

Untrue on the face of it, though if we're to believe the accounts and charges...then again, why would you? Oh, yes, because he was a Democrat.

If I had a nickle for every time you said something untrue about me I'd have to reconsider retirement. :)

[h=1]List of alleged Harvey Weinstein victims continues to grow as toxic Hollywood culture exposed[/h]

• Gwyneth Paltrow
  • Angelina Jolie
  • Mira Sorvino
  • Kate Beckinsale stated “He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed.”
  • Heather Graham claimed “There was no explicit mention that to star in one of those films I had to sleep with him, but the subtext was there.” Upon avoiding his invitations to private gatherings, Graham revealed she was “never hired for one of his films, and I didn’t speak up about my experience.”
  • Cara Delevingne
  • Léa Seydoux
  • Ashley Judd
  • Lucia Evans
  • Asia Argento stated Weinstein solicited a massage then forced her to perform oral sex, she continued.“I was not willing, “I said, ‘No, no, no.”
  • Ambra Battilana Gutierrez
  • Rosanna Arquette
  • Emily Nestor
  • Emma de Caunes
  • Jessica Barth
  • Tomi-Ann Roberts
  • Katherine Kendall
  • Judith Godreche Claimed that he began “pressing against me and pulling off my sweater.” She managed to escape and professed that he intimidated her into silence.
  • Dawn Dunning
  • Louisette Geiss
  • Laura Madden
  • Zelda Perkins
  • Romola Garai “So I had to go to his hotel room in the Savoy, and he answered the door in his bathrobe,” she claimed. “I was only 18. I felt violated by it, it has stayed very clearly in my memory.”
  • Sarah Ann Masse
  • Liza Campbell
  • Zoë Brock
  • Lauren Sivan “He said, ‘Just stand there and be quiet,” Sivan alleged. “And that’s when he exposed himself and began masturbating, and I just stood there in shock and watched until he eventually ejaculated into a potted plant.”
According to a statement from Weinstein’s spokesperson, “Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances. Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual.”
While the public controversy currently centers around Weinstein’s sexual abuse of power over young women, the question remains – how young were Weinstein’s victims?
Former child actor Corey Feldman has publicly stated that, “I was molested and passed around,” while discussing how in Hollywood adult males in the industry would pass young stars “back and forth to each other.” Feldman revealed that his co-star Corey Haim was raped at 11-years-old.
Actor Elijah Wood confirmed Feldman’s claims in May 2016, describing Hollywood as a den of “vipers” in an interview, and saying “If you can imagine it, it’s probably happened.”
Wood said he was protected from abuse by his mother, who didn’t let him go to Hollywood parties, but he said other young child actors were regularly “preyed upon” by those in power.
Wood also compared Hollywood’s sexual predators with known pedophile and English TV personality Jimmy Savile.“You all grew up with Savile,” Wood said. “Jesus, it must have been devastating. Clearly something major was going on in Hollywood. It was all organized.”
X-Men director Bryan Singer is among those publicly accused of sexual abuse of young boys in Hollywood.
Was Weinstein one of the men Elijah Wood says is sexually “preying upon” young children in Hollywood? Is Weinstein one of the men Feldman says would pass young stars around?
The questions must be asked when an apparent industry of pedophilia and sexual abuse has been in the open and yet kept secret for decades.

http://www.hangthebankers.com/list-harvey-weinstein-victims-toxic-hollywood-culture/

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's not as if I'm the only one here that has noticed your leftward march. It's imperceptible to you.
Rather, I'm the one who first noted that I hold and value ideas from either side of the aisle and have an admiration for the contributions both have made to the life and health of the Republic I value. To people too far out on the limb that's incomprehensible, so they lump sum.

It's a stunted irrationality at work, a narrowing, ideologically driven bias.

As to whether or not there are people who'd agree with you, I gauge the wind with a sock, but never the truth. No true liberal was ever accused of being an apologist for the religious right. I have been.

List of alleged Harvey Weinstein victims continues to grow as toxic Hollywood culture exposed

That was in close proximity of a quote of mine, but it didn't actually get around to rebutting a thing I'd written.

ClimateSanity

A commenter on Breitbart had this to say about the access Hollywood tape:

"As far as I am concerned Trump was in character when being interviewed... after all the part he was playing THAT DAY on DAYS OF OUR LIVES was that of a billionaire who was having major sexual advances thrown his way by a young attractive lady trying to curry favor in hopes of landing a job.

He was in character for an ACTING JOB
"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

"As far as I am concerned Trump was in character when being interviewed... after all the part he was playing THAT DAY on DAYS OF OUR LIVES was that of a billionaire who was having major sexual advances thrown his way by a young attractive lady trying to curry favor in hopes of landing a job.

"
I suppose that's possible but highly unlikely. He sounded like a sleaze in that tape and a lot of people are guilty of talking like that at some point in their lives, including politicians and women. That time it was caught on tape.

I almost forgot. Boycott the NFL.

Arthur Brain

"

I suppose he just advertises 'tic tacs' as well...

:plain:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
2406de430c32d4041836582e094a8273.jpg

BOOM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk