boycott the NFL

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Would/wouldn't it be a good thing for POTUS to set an example of "STANDING UP FOR AMERICA"? :eek:

It would be a good idea for America to stand up to Trump. :)

Giants co-owner Steve Tisch pushed back against President Donald Trumpin the aftermath of the NFL and NFLPA's ongoing battle over whether to punish players for taking a knee or protesting for social justice reform during the national anthem prior to games.

"Hopefully he'll have much more going on that he's going have to deal with and should deal with and must deal with than worrying about what players do," Tisch said this week at a movie premiere, via The Hollywood Reporter.

"He has no understanding of why they take a knee or why they're protesting. When the new season starts, I hope his priorities are not criticizing the NFL and telling owners what to do and what not to do."

The NFL recently adopted a new policy that would require players, coaches, and staff to stand during the national anthem after players.

Tisch said the Giants won't suspend players who violate the policy, which is being revisited by the NFL and NFLPA behind closed doors, according to a joint statement released this week.

"We support our players," Tisch said. "They are not going to be punished. There is not going to be any punitive action taking place against them."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He was protesting racial injustice in the US, specifically the higher numbers of unarmed black persons killed by police.

ok, and he felt that being on national tv, this was a good way to tell other people that he was unhappy because he had been killed by police?

no wait - he wasn't killed by police, he was protected by police while he enjoyed the $126 million he "earned" playing a game

I guess I just don't get it

why is anybody paying the least bit of attention to this moron, why isn't he stripped of his citizenship and deported to whatever country he thinks he'll do better in, why does anybody with a brain support professional sports, and why don't we just wall up the high crime inner city areas and let them figure it all out with no police at all?

but the biggest question I have is this - what has this moron on steroids done in his life that I or anyone should even know his name?

Kit the Coyote

ok, and he felt that being on national tv, this was a good way to tell other people that he was unhappy because he had been killed by police?

no wait - he wasn't killed by police, he was protected by police while he enjoyed the $126 million he "earned" playing a game

You may not understand it but it does seem to have been effective based on the amount of attention it has gotten. The only real problem is it has been too effective and the actual message is getting lost in the brew haw.

why is anybody paying the least bit of attention to this moron, why isn't he stripped of his citizenship and deported to whatever country he thinks he'll do better in, why does anybody with a brain support professional sports, and why don't we just wall up the high crime inner city areas and let them figure it all out with no police at all?

I would guess because the President and a lot of others on the right were too stupid to ignore it and thus causing it to go from an isolated protest to a national discussion. In other words, they did exactly what the players wanted them to do.

As for the rest, because we live in a Constitutional Democracy and all those actions would require violating the Constitution. IMHO, Trump is treading dangerous ground since he is speaking out as the President which puts him at risk of violating the Constitution he swore to protect. As long as there is a First Amendment, the government cannot take direct action against a peaceful protest action by the players.

As I am not a fan of professional sports, I would echo your question as to why anyone with a brain supports it. *laughs*

As for the Escape from New York Solution, I think that would be political suicide for any party suggesting it.

but the biggest question I have is this - what has this moron on steroids done in his life that I or anyone should even know his name?

As I said, I don't know much about him as I don't follow sports. From the little research I've done, he appears to be a strong Christian. I gather over the last two years he has donated over a million dollars to charities that help impoverished neighborhoods. Set up a matching donation charity fund for other celebrities that do the same. And with little help from stupid people on the right started a national discussion on racial and police injustice that expanded into a discussion on free speech.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
he appears to be a strong Christian. I gather over the last two years he has donated over a million dollars to charities that help impoverished neighborhoods. Set up a matching donation charity fund for other celebrities that do the same. And with little help from stupid people on the right started a national discussion on racial and police injustice that expanded into a discussion on free speech.

if true, I approve

sad that this is the first I heard of it, that what gets the national attention is the disrespectful behavior toward a country that's given him opportunities he'd never find elsewhere

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Strip him of his citizenship for exercising his first amendment rights? Kinda stingy with the Constitution there, aren't you?