boycott the NFL

WizardofOz

I remember the left making a pretty big stink over Trump, but Harvey's escapades seem worse. Trump had a group of unknown alleged victims of groping only and they have apparently disappeared. The victim's of Weinstein seem much more credible and multiplying.
Groping only? :doh:
Harvey is suffering the consequences. Trump was elected president and his disgusting words were ignored by his loyal fans.

Either way, jgarbage's post that you responded to should be in the Trump thread or another thread. Nothing to do with the NFL

You're right. Trump has nothing to do with the NFL.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I remember the left making a pretty big stink over Trump, but Harvey's escapades seem worse.

He's been accused of doing what Trump did. So bad enough.

Trump had a group of unknown alleged victims of groping only and they have apparently disappeared.

Nope a number of credible people have all come forward. And of course, Trump was caught on an open mic, bragging about doing it.

drbrumley

Yep.
Most are sick and tired of the whinning about every little thing that offends you.
And you are right, their protest had nothing to do with football or the NFL, so it shouldn't have been done at an NFL football game.
It pissed off a bunch of fans, as that is NOT what they paid a ticket to watch, and it is NOT what the players were paid to do while they were on the clock of the NFL.

Says Sheldon Richman

Those who don’t want sports politicized should say: no flags, no anthem, and no military. Rid private functions of all symbols of the church-state. Then play ball.

That would be a start.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Says Sheldon Richman

Those who don’t want sports politicized should say: no flags, no anthem, and no military. Rid private functions of all symbols of the church-state. Then play ball.

That would be a start.

Why not each team pledge to state flags?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's wrong with pledges?
What's wrong with flags?
What's wrong with anthems?

drbrumley

What's wrong with pledges?
What's wrong with flags?
What's wrong with anthems?

I didn't say anything was wrong with a pledge, an anthem or a flag....

But let's not pretend these are not political...that's why they exist in the first place.

It's been said here that the NFL players should not be political...I agree. So get rid of all the politics in a private sector game and this issue would not have happened.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
He's been accused of doing what Trump did. So bad enough.

Nope a number of credible people have all come forward. And of course, Trump was caught on an open mic, bragging about doing it.
Weinstein's accused of multiple rapes, President Trump never said anything about rape or assault. He complained about people, and how they are, when they're around what he termed "stars." Basically, they lose their minds. Mr. Weinstein is allegedly a multiple rapist, nobody's accusing President Trump of that. Apples and oranges.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I didn't say anything was wrong with a pledge, an anthem or a flag....

But let's not pretend these are not political...that's why they exist in the first place.

It's been said here that the NFL players should not be political...I agree. So get rid of all the politics in a private sector game and this issue would not have happened.

Right, it isn't Kapernick who decided to bring the flag/anthem into the game. That was already there and Kapernick chose to use it as a platform to get his message out.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Weinstein's accused of multiple rapes, President Trump never said anything about rape or assault. He complained about people, and how they are, when they're around what he termed "stars." Basically, they lose their minds.
No, that's not really what he said. And it wasn't a complaint. Here's what he actually said, word for word, about how HE reacts to others he feels attracted to.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the [redacted]. You can do anything.

That's a lot of things, but it isn't a complaint. It's about how he takes advantage of power. And it's consistent with some of the other accounts by women who were in subordinate roles about his inappropriate and sometimes aggressively sexual advances.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No, that's not really what he said. And it wasn't a complaint. Here's what he actually said, word for word, about how HE reacts to others he feels attracted to.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the [redacted]. You can do anything.

That's a lot of things, but it isn't a complaint. It's about how he takes advantage of power. And it's consistent with some of the other accounts by women who were in subordinate roles about his inappropriate and sometimes aggressively sexual advances.
That's a far cry from Weinstein and a shocking percentage of Hollywood liberals, not to mention the list of democratic sexual criminals.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
b2ff5637c4704e4ca5a8dff5fcdc7b1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's been said here that the NFL players should not be political.
They should be patriotic to America as a whole.
The flag and the anthem are representative of America as a whole.
That's what they are shunning.
They picked the wrong symbol to shun, and the wrong time to shun it.

That moment when everyone in the stadium stands united, no matter which team you root for.
It's a feel good moment when everyone sets aside their differences for the greater good.
And a few guys ruined that moment by taking that precious moment of unity that so many are fond of and tried to make it divisive.
They turned something beautiful into something ugly.