boycott the NFL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
That's a far cry from Weinstein and a shocking percentage of Hollywood liberals, not to mention the list of democratic sexual criminals.

The majority of black nfl players had no problem with Trump’s grabber line. Trump probably learned it from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No, that's not really what he said.
Of course not. Otherwise I would have quoted him.
And it wasn't a complaint.
It was close enough. It was a complaint, if made by a morally advanced man, but it was made by a moral juvenile instead. They're talking about the same thing though, which is that some people lose their moral minds, when they're around "stars."
Here's what he actually said, word for word, about how HE reacts to others he feels attracted to.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the [redacted]. You can do anything.
Right. You see how there's nothing there about assault or rape, thank you for reminding us of what he never said or implied. He said that these people lose their moral minds when they're around "stars," that's it right there. "You can do anything," and, "They let you do it."
That's a lot of things, but it isn't a complaint.
Well it's not pleasant, that's for sure. Neither the phenomenon he's talking about, nor his response to it, which is clearly coming from someone with weak morals on the mark. He reminds me of an immature horny teenager, how he brags about what people let him do to them, just because they're around a "star."
It's about how he takes advantage of power.
Oh. So do you think there's any moral fault with the people he's talking about, who behave differently when they're around "stars?" Is all the responsibility on him, and him alone? Isn't he saying, that if he weren't a "star," that none of this would be happening to him?

Note that I agree, that just because the opportunities are presented to "stars," doesn't nullify their responsibility to choose the right and moral and good thing, instead of the alternative; I'm only clarifying that what he's talking about is a tango. He's given opportunities for immoral behavior, and he's taking them, and he should be leaving them, but they also shouldn't be given to him in the first place.
And it's consistent with some of the other accounts by women who were in subordinate roles about his inappropriate and sometimes aggressively sexual advances.
Produce three (in keeping with your word "some"), because I'm unfamiliar with any such cases.

And President Trump is far from sexist or chauvinist or misogynist. He's dedicated to excellence, and he does not care what sex, gender ID, sexual orientation, race, religion, political affiliation or philosophy, or anything else that form peoples' identities, so long as these things at worst do not hinder excellence on the part of their performance and results. He's hired top performing women for decades, decades before he ever thought of running for POTUS, so it wasn't for PR or his public image, but belied a value of bona fide equality that he holds.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
b2ff5637c4704e4ca5a8dff5fcdc7b1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny!

Let's speculate what some of the wives of these protesters might be saying behind the scene.

News Reporter: NFL protesters may lose their job (and their paycheck).
Wife: You better get your behind on your feet, clutch your heart, and sing at the top of your lungs, fool !!!!!

musterion

This is about the max that I know and care about professional sports: Is it true some NFL contracts require players stand for the Pledge?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Weinstein's accused of multiple rapes, President Trump never said anything about rape or assault. He complained about people, and how they are, when they're around what he termed "stars." Basically, they lose their minds. Mr. Weinstein is allegedly a multiple rapist, nobody's accusing President Trump of that. Apples and oranges.
Yeppers.
We've all seen or heard about groupies that cater to stars in immoral ways, and will do just about anything for their attention.
Thus, when Trump said "They let you", it was not news to us.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That's a far cry from Weinstein and a shocking percentage of Hollywood liberals, not to mention the list of democratic sexual criminals.

They are all the same,

To me, punishing men of the olden days is the same as punishing "Johns" for having sex with prostitutes.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Of course not. Otherwise I would have quoted him.
:plain: Why you didn't quote him and why you interjected the narrative you did was the point in my response.

It was close enough.
Not by a long stretch, which is why I noted what he actually had to say. No complaint involved. He was bragging about the latitude his power gave him.

It was a complaint, if made by a morally advanced man, but it was made by a moral juvenile instead.
What's the complaint, in inference that his hands or lips might tire? The closest he came to a complaint was in confessing his inability to seduce a married woman.

Right. You see how there's nothing there about assault or rape, thank you for reminding us of what he never said or implied.
You're half right. There's nothing about rape. An unwanted advance and touching of someone is actionable. In some jurisdictions it's known as an indecent assault, but in any jurisdiction if you touch someone, make sexual advances that involve contact you better know they're agreeable before you actually make contact.

"You can do anything," and, "They let you do it."
You might be surprised how many involuntary sexual contacts are made by men who feel they were allowed to do something, and how many women had a different impression of intimidation or even fearful capitulation.

Well it's not pleasant, that's for sure. Neither the phenomenon he's talking about, nor his response to it, which is clearly coming from someone with weak morals on the mark. He reminds me of an immature horny teenager, how he brags about what people let him do to them, just because they're around a "star."
He reminds me of someone who feels entitled and oblivious. We can't accept that his impression of acquiescence is accurate. Is it oblivious, self-justified, inaccurate? We know a number of women have a very and contrary perspective on his conduct.

Oh. So do you think there's any moral fault with the people he's talking about,
For his actions? No. For their own? It's a case by case. By way of, if someone allows his advance because they hope to benefit by it then they're one thing. If they feel pressured and silenced by his ability to destroy them, it's something else.

Is all the responsibility on him, and him alone?
For his actions? Sure.

I'm only clarifying that what he's talking about is a tango.
His belief that it is, which isn't necessarily true.

He's given opportunities for immoral behavior, and he's taking them
Or, sometimes that's the case and sometimes he only believes it is the case...or sometimes he doesn't care and this is how he justifies the whole of it.

Produce three (in keeping with your word "some"), because I'm unfamiliar with any such cases.
Were you out of the country for an extended period of time around the election cycle? Otherwise, Google "women accuse Trump of unwanted sexual advances" and sit back for a bit.

Here's a link to one: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-trump-sexual-assault-accusers-story-corroborated-by-six-people/

From the article's opening:
Six friends and colleagues of People magazine reporter Natasha Stoynoff are corroborating her first-person account of being kissed and groped by Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago over a decade ago, a charge that Trump denies.On the night Stoynoff says she was attacked by Trump, she called her former journalism professor, Paul McLaughlin, to seek his advice, according to an account he gave People. Stoynoff was in tears, and she asked him what she should do.

“I advised her not to say anything, because I believed Trump would deny it and try to destroy her,” he said. McLaughlin thought she should keep quiet because there was no way of knowing how Trump might retaliate.

And President Trump is far from sexist or chauvinist or misogynist. He's dedicated to excellence, and he does not care what sex, gender ID, sexual orientation, race, religion, political affiliation or philosophy, or anything else that form peoples' identities, so long as these things at worst do not hinder excellence on the part of their performance and results. He's hired top performing women for decades, decades before he ever thought of running for POTUS, so it wasn't for PR or his public image, but belied a value of bona fide equality that he holds.
I think you're confusing use with regard and the underlying attitude/mindset. He understands value. It doesn't follow that he isn't sexist, chauvinist, or misogynist. There have been racists who paid black people a lot of money to play sports and make themselves richer by the investment, by way of illustrating the principle.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's funny that the left now wants to focus on the Access Hollywood tape which has no admissions or evidence of a crime, and avoid the growing number of rape accusations, masturbating in front of women without consent and unwanted sexual contact by Weinstein, nor the large number of people that covered it up for years. This all started with a post by jgarbage about Trump and sex in a NFL boycott thread, but let's keep it going, huh?

drbrumley

They should be patriotic to America as a whole

Hmmm, then the apostles should have been patriotic and obeyed the priests when they said don't speak of this Jesus ever again according to that kind of logic.

The flag and the anthem are representative of America as a whole.

Actually, no they are not. I forgot who said this, but it is spot on. Whatever the U.S. flag used to represent, since the so-called Civil War it has been a war flag. It doesn’t represent America. Perhaps it should. But it now represents an evil government with an evil empire.

Does this government speak for me....no, never has.
Does my representative in Congress speak for me...no he hasn't
Does my Senator speak for me...no he hasn't.
Does my government think babies in the womb are human....no they don't.
Does my government think it's ok to pick pocket me to death to support their bad ideas....yes they do

And what do they do......they wrap themselves up in a flag that used to mean something and hide behind it every second, everyday. But all governments do this....do stupid stuff and I'm supposed to thank God for it? Hardly!!!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmmm, then the apostles should have been patriotic and obeyed the priests when they said don't speak of this Jesus ever again according to that kind of logic.

Actually, no they are not. I forgot who said this, but it is spot on. Whatever the U.S. flag used to represent, since the so-called Civil War it has been a war flag. It doesn’t represent America. Perhaps it should. But it now represents an evil government with an evil empire.

Does this government speak for me....no, never has.
Does my representative in Congress speak for me...no he hasn't
Does my Senator speak for me...no he hasn't.
Does my government think babies in the womb are human....no they don't.
Does my government think it's ok to pick pocket me to death to support their bad ideas....yes they do

And what do they do......they wrap themselves up in a flag that used to mean something and hide behind it every second, everyday. But all governments do this....do stupid stuff and I'm supposed to thank God for it? Hardly!!!!
Leave.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's funny that the left now wants to focus on the Access Hollywood tape which has no admissions or evidence of a crime
Not actually true, as I noted prior. It's not evidence of rape, to be sure, but it's a pretty strong case for the likelihood of an assault. More than that when coupled with the witness of a number of women.

Weinstein? He's foul. And the world is coming for him.

ClimateSanity

Hmmm, then the apostles should have been patriotic and obeyed the priests when they said don't speak of this Jesus ever again according to that kind of logic. .....Burnley

The priests were not a nation state.

ClimateSanity

They should be patriotic to America as a whole.
The flag and the anthem are representative of America as a whole.
That's what they are shunning.
They picked the wrong symbol to shun, and the wrong time to shun it.

That moment when everyone in the stadium stands united, no matter which team you root for.
It's a feel good moment when everyone sets aside their differences for the greater good.
And a few guys ruined that moment by taking that precious moment of unity that so many are fond of and tried to make it divisive.
They turned something beautiful into something ugly.
Being patriotic is a far cry from injecting politics into a game.

ClimateSanity

I didn't say anything was wrong with a pledge, an anthem or a flag....

But let's not pretend these are not political...that's why they exist in the first place.

It's been said here that the NFL players should not be political...I agree. So get rid of all the politics in a private sector game and this issue would not have happened.
Patriotism is much more than mere politics. NFL games are national events. They are events that we participate in as a nation. Being patriotic at such an event is only natural.

ClimateSanity

Not actually true, as I noted prior. It's not evidence of rape, to be sure, but it's a pretty strong case for the likelihood of an assault. More than that when coupled with the witness of a number of women.

Weinstein? He's foul. And the world is coming for him.
There is only the likelihood of an assault if there is proof the women did not throw themselves at him and that there were clear signals his advances were not wanted and that he was the one to initiate things or that he purposely arranged the circumstances of their meeting to put them in a weak position. All there with Weinstein and absent with Trump.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Patriotism is much more than mere politics. NFL games are national events. They are events that we participate in as a nation. Being patriotic at such an event is only natural.
How do you figure that NFL games are national events? Fans are their for their own teams, not a national team, not because of the US. The national anthem is done before the games but the actual game has nothing to do with the US or patriotism.