Best excuses for not wearing your wedding ring.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
No, they were asked to wear a head covering to cover their bald head. A woman with a bald head *shaving off their hair* back then was usually a pagan prostitute. This was a big issue in the city of Corinth.

In the city of Corinth especially, the pagan temple prostitutes all had their heads shaved.

So, if someone saw a woman with a shaved head, they would think, ‘There is a prostitute.’

A woman back then who shaved her hair off, was also considered rebellious.

I believe the 'because of the angels' had to do with showing ones authority to God by not being identified with pagans any longer, but showing Gods authority by being separated from pagans and prostitutes.

Think about it, if a womans hair (like it says) is given to her as a covering (being covered by God) it was ultimate rebellion for a woman to shave it off.

I'm floored and in shock of the studpity of all these old fashion, out of date primitive beliefs from almost everyone. I'm beginning to wonder why God is whispering in my ear to flee this forum. There's a sickness tone to it.

No one minds today's culture at all.

Nevermind those on chemotherapy.

Word based mystic

working in construction related jobs has nearly lost my finger several times in my early years.

My wife encouraged me in not wearing it. I am married near 30 years. Looking forward to the next 40 or 50 years with my wife..

resodko

BANNED
Banned
my BIL got his ring caught on some milking parlor machinery and it stripped the flesh from his finger, to the bone

he stopped wearing one after that

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm floored and in shock of the studpity of all these old fashion, out of date primitive beliefs from almost everyone. I'm beginning to wonder why God is whispering in my ear to flee this forum. There's a sickness tone to it.

No one minds today's culture at all.

Nevermind those on chemotherapy.

Who said anything about today, read my post real slow, i admit its a sickness when you dont even read what was written and then go off the deep end like you just did. I stated what Paul was adressing at the time. If you wish to leave though, don't let the door hit ya!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Who said anything about today, read my post real slow, i admit its a sickness when you dont even read what was written and then go off the deep end like you just did. I stated what Paul was adressing at the time. If you wish to leave though, don't let the door hit ya!

giphy.gif

Doors don't hit back.

Looks like I did go off the deep end. I'll take your word for it.

Hard to pick a good girl out in a pool of fundies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
my BIL got his ring caught on some milking parlor machinery and it stripped the flesh from his finger, to the bone

he stopped wearing one after that

Those pesky wedding rings (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :sozo2: Did his dog always eat his homework, too? :Shimei: Re 3:14

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There is no excuse for not wearing a wedding band except for safety reasons.

Venereal disease? 1 Co 6:18 :granite:

"Adultery—sexual intercourse outside marriage. Defined: In God’s Law (Ex. 20:14), By Christ (Matt. 5:28, 32), In mental attitude (Matt. 5:28), As a work of the flesh (Gal. 5:19). Sin of: Breaks God’s Law (Deut. 5:18), Punishable by death (Lev. 20:10–12), Brings death (Prov. 2:18, 19), Makes one poor (Prov. 29:3), Produces moral insensibility (Prov. 30:20; 2 Cor. 12:21), Corrupts a land (Hos. 4:1–3)...Excludes from Christian fellowship (1 Cor. 5:1–13), Excludes from God’s kingdom (1 Cor. 6:9, 10), Merits God’s judgments (Heb. 13:4), Ends in hell (Prov. 7:27; Rev. 21:8). Forgiveness of, by: Man (Judg. 19:1–4), Christ (John 8:10, 11), Repentance (2 Sam. 12:7–14), Regeneration (1 Cor. 6:9–11)." Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 21). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
My wife always wears hers.

I lost a bit of weight (to the tune of about 30 lbs.) from the time we bought the ring to the wedding day, so mine slips off a lot. I only wear it when I'm in public.

:chuckle: Yeah...I had that problem too. I have no idea where the darn thing dropped off to. I have another one but it's too tight and a bit to dressy for every day. I wear it when I wear other jewelry (a relative rarity). I just never got around to buying another "every day" one.

:plain: Is that a good enough excuse?

Maybe I should check my "Big Box Of Things Anyone Who Doesn't Like; Can Bite Me, About" to see if I have a better one? :think:

Last edited: