Best excuses for not wearing your wedding ring.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I got an old sports injury, there's pain that shoots up to my elbow on my left hand when the ring is there.

Posted from the TOL App!

Dena

My husband is an electrician in an industrial setting. Wearing his wedding ring could increase the chances of him getting his hand stuck in a machine and thereby having his finger smashed or completely removed. I'd say that's a fairly good excuse.

My father didn't wear a ring for the entire 30 years he was married to my mother. Now he has a new wife and he wears a wedding ring. It annoys the crap out of me but I figure she probably makes him wear it.

Brother Vinny

Well, mine is silver inlaid with leaves of Black Hill Gold. One of the leaves popped free of its housing, so I used Scotch tape to hold the leaf in place until I could afford to have it repaired and put it in the sock drawer, and it has since gone missing.

I know, pretty lame, right?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
:) yea actually the work site safety works for me. The rings aren't OSHA approved.

Posted from the TOL App!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My late husband was a correctional officer. He wasn't allowed to wear his ring to work.

Brother Vinny

SDA's typically won't wear them for religious reasons. I don't agree with that, but I wouldn't say those reasons are lame.

Dena

Neither the husband nor the wife should be forced to wear it imo. It's just a ring :idunno:

I only wear mine when I leave the house which from what I gather, is a little weird. All of the women I know wear their wedding set all the time. I find jewelry very uncomfortable, so I don't wear it much. But it's weird, though I don't wear my ring 75% of the time (I'm home a lot), if I leave the house without I feel like I'm missing something and it drives me crazy.

Brother Vinny

So, really, what was the purpose of this thread? Is there a subtle implication here that a man who doesn't wear his ring is up to no good, so his reasons must be "lame"?

Mr. 5020

My wife always wears hers.

I lost a bit of weight (to the tune of about 30 lbs.) from the time we bought the ring to the wedding day, so mine slips off a lot. I only wear it when I'm in public.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've never worn jewelry of any sort, from chains to rings to watches.

I said that to a class I was teaching once and the girls were shocked. Then I asked the class, "Am I married?" And they admitted to not only knowing that but to whom and for how long. :D

Married is a state of mind. Faithful is a reflection of that state. Locks and rings only keep the marginally honest and mildly dedicated in their places.