Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,

I've noticed a strange occurence that has been slowly happening over time.

There was a time when my computer's clock matched up with TOL's. In other words, if it's 12:15 and someone makes a post right then, then my User CP will show the latest post being made at 12:15.

Now, however, I often notice that the time of the latest post is several minutes past the current time. In other words, if it's 12:15 now, I might see that the latest post "was" made at 12:21.

This is very exciting to me, because I know that it's not that the post "was" made; it means that it "will be" made. Which means that one day, in a couple of years or so, I'll be able to read posts that are made possibly a day or maybe even a week in the future. So I'll know what people are posting before they actually even post. So I'm very excited and becoming more and more eager as I contemplate the impact this will have on my ability to come across as incredibly intuitive in my responses (or "pre"sponses) to others.

My question is: Is this some sort of binary wormhole that you've discovered within the software? Is this something that you can share with me? Is it an alien technology? Does this mean that our open view has been wrong all this time?

If you can't answer, then I understand.

Thanks,
Randy
Just so you know, the gap has now increased to 9 minutes. I'd better start working on my plan. :think:

zoo22

Hi Knight. You'd seen I'd started couple of threads on art in "and the rest" and I though maybe they could just be merged? I didn't really expect them to both keep growing, and I think there's been a little bit of confusion. The "Art & TOL Discussions" was the first one, then I'd added "Art" as a shoot-off. I dunno if it matters, or even how threads get merged, but just a thought. :)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, Knight. I use Graffiti to auto update Facebook pages with trusted sources, but I don't use it for TOL because I don't want to add every single thread. But if I add the link to Graffiti from the "Topic of the Day" forum, I still get every thread added.

Is there an RSS feed or a url I can use to only access the TOTD threads?

As a workaround, Graffiti can be set to only add one item per unit of time, but that leaves me with random threads popping up. Not exactly a horrible scenario, but not perfect either. :)

Cheers, mate.

Krsto

Suggestion to decrease your need for bandwidth or server capacity (or whatever it is): have a column on the page with the list of topics that is for "view first unread" so we don't have to load a whole other page to get to that point. Most of us go there first thing so why not just eliminate the need to download the 1st page of a thread?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Suggestion to decrease your need for bandwidth or server capacity (or whatever it is): have a column on the page with the list of topics that is for "view first unread" so we don't have to load a whole other page to get to that point. Most of us go there first thing so why not just eliminate the need to download the 1st page of a thread?

Try the little orange buttons on "Active Threads". :thumb:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Mr. Knight-or Whoever see this and can answer first...

How do I see who gave me rep, or do they have to sign it? How do I return rep? I have tried all in my limited e-powers to figure it out on my user cp page... it seems I am unable. Can you enable me? Also, what must I do to gain custom avatar and sig status? I promise not to fizzle out on TOL and I promise not to put something innapropriate in my sig or avatar.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. Knight-or Whoever see this and can answer first...

How do I see who gave me rep, or do they have to sign it? How do I return rep? I have tried all in my limited e-powers to figure it out on my user cp page... it seems I am unable. Can you enable me? Also, what must I do to gain custom avatar and sig status? I promise not to fizzle out on TOL and I promise not to put something innapropriate in my sig or avatar.

:greedy:pay up:greedy:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
:greedy:pay up:greedy:

No, seriously, will dropping the dollar allow me to return rep and see who gives me rep? Its more for my curiosity. AND Mr. Knight, sir, wouldst thou allowest me to edit my username upon my purchase of an annual membership? I would really love it, and appreciate it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, Knight. I use Graffiti to auto update Facebook pages with trusted sources, but I don't use it for TOL because I don't want to add every single thread. But if I add the link to Graffiti from the "Topic of the Day" forum, I still get every thread added.

Is there an RSS feed or a url I can use to only access the TOTD threads?

As a workaround, Graffiti can be set to only add one item per unit of time, but that leaves me with random threads popping up. Not exactly a horrible scenario, but not perfect either. :)

Cheers, mate.
Ooooo .. I found an answer .. use the twitter feed for post of the day.

Thanks Knight. You're the man! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.