Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's insane.

The screen is absolutely incredible. It's so crystal clear it almost looks like an optical illusion. Me and Jordan just tested FaceTime and it worked perfectly on the first attempt, video conferencing through your cell phone??? How cool is that?

And the HD video camera is also excellent, heck you can throw out your old video camera and just use your iPhone.

The battery life appears to be near iPad quality which is second to none. This is one awesome device.

Awesome! Can't wait to get one.

For FaceTime, do you both have to be on WiFi, or will it also work over the 3G network?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Awesome! Can't wait to get one.

For FaceTime, do you both have to be on WiFi, or will it also work over the 3G network?
Both phones need to be on wifi. Hopefully AT&T will eventually let iPhones use 3G and 4g for that.

The phone is capable but AT&T won't allow it. Yet.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Both phones need to be on wifi. Hopefully AT&T will eventually let iPhones use 3G and 4g for that.

The phone is capable but AT&T won't allow it. Yet.
It's going to be free to be on Verizon soon. AT&T should be ashamed of themselves after that happens, because Verizon will allow for so much more and the iPhone will be so much better it will be like a brand new device.

Mr. 5020

It's going to be free to be on Verizon soon. AT&T should be ashamed of themselves after that happens, because Verizon will allow for so much more and the iPhone will be so much better it will be like a brand new device.
It's exclusive until 2012. Will it go to Verizon after that? Maybe.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I'm a long time AT&T customer and I hope that the iPhone ends up in multiple carriers hands... I think it would be good for AT&T because it would force them to be a little more innovative and competitive.

zoo22

I'm a long time AT&T customer and I hope that the iPhone ends up in multiple carriers hands... I think it would be good for AT&T because it would force them to be a little more innovative and competitive.

Yeah, I agree, but Verizon are skunks. Most of the carriers are but Verizon are especially big skunks.

I'm looking forward to the new iPhone, but I'm going to wait a bit... I don't have an upgrade option currently, and don't really want to spend the extra loot right now. Sigh. I might break, though...

K: I don't know if I approve of you changing your avatar... :plain: It's a TOL classic.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I thought I had heard Verizon has already made a deal with Apple for that time.

Agreed.

Now, when does the iPhone mini come out?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
(I posted this on "the Rest" but thought I would also ask here.)

Funny I have not noticed before, but where did all the Moderating "help" go to?

I see only Knight moderating a couple of forums and Bob Enyart moderating on Bob Enyart Live.

Not complaining . . . just asking . . .

Nang

yokefellow

PC or Mac?

PC or Mac?

Hi Knight,

I'm thinking about buying a new laptop. I've always worked on a pc, but I'm pondering a mac. However, I'm not sure if the extra cost for a mac is worth it (or if I can afford it). Any thoughts or suggestions? My background is in art/graphic design, so whatever system I buy will have to be capable of running Adobe Creative Suite efficiently.

Any input appreciated! Thanks!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Knight,

I'm thinking about buying a new laptop. I've always worked on a pc, but I'm pondering a mac. However, I'm not sure if the extra cost for a mac is worth it (or if I can afford it). Any thoughts or suggestions? My background is in art/graphic design, so whatever system I buy will have to be capable of running Adobe Creative Suite efficiently.

Any input appreciated! Thanks!
There is no sense messing around with anything other than a Mac, especially if you are a graphic artist.

A Mac will change your life and make you a better artist.

Mac's are not actually more expensive when you factor in all the time people waste on PC's trying to protect themselves from malware, virus's, etc. Mac's also tend last twice as long and maintain their value twice as good as a PC.

Break the cycle of PC suckiness now and buy yourself a Mac.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is no sense messing around with anything other than a Mac, especially if you are a graphic artist.

A Mac will change your life and make you a better artist.

Mac's are not actually more expensive when you factor in all the time people waste on PC's trying to protect themselves from malware, virus's, etc. Mac's also tend last twice as long and maintain their value twice as good as a PC.

Break the cycle of PC suckiness now and buy yourself a Mac.

I agree and I am not a graphic artist.

After suffering for 12 years with PC's corrupting on me, my 23 year old (savvy) granddaughter talked me into my first Mac and it is great.

I keep thinking I must dig in to establish things, and when I do, I find everything I need is already there.

It is super easy for keeping and working with photos . . . etc, etc.

Do it!

Buy one!

Nang

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree and I am not a graphic artist.

After suffering for 12 years with PC's corrupting on me, my 23 (savvy) granddaughter talked me into my first Mac and it is great.

I keep thinking I must dig in to establish things, and when I do, I find everything I need is already there.

It is super easy for keeping and working with photos . . . etc, etc.

Do it!

Buy one!

Nang
Welcome to enlightenment!! :D

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you want to insure you'll never, ever, ever get a virus, then you could always buy a Commodore VIC-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.