Ask an Aussie

PureX

The Three Sisters are in the Blue Mountains, I saw them, there.

(Note the strange lack of dialogue)

Last edited:

The Berean

Yes, but they aren't. Australia has produced a number of really good films. Those two are very well known, of course, but not necessarily the best.

Well being "the best" is simply opinion, no? In my opinion those two movies are at the top of the list. :D

TM, Have you seen Mad Max or The Road Warrior?

Thunder's Muse

Well being "the best" is simply opinion, no? In my opinion those two movies are at the top of the list. :D

TM, Have you seen Mad Max or The Road Warrior?

No, I haven't seen any of the Mad Max movies, or Road Warrior...

but then again, I've never seen Nightmare on Elm Street, any Jason movies...etc etc....

Thunder's Muse

You have to see Mad Max and The Road Warrior! You just have to! :banana:

I have to say, that clip you posted the other day was pretty cool. Loved the guys at the end...I thought it was a chick on the back of his bike...then the other guy gets that crazed look on his face and pulls the arrow out of his arm.....hahahaha!!!!

PureX

The Aussies must all be asleep. Not only are their seasons opposite ours, so is their day and night. Took me two weeks to get over the 'jet lag' when I got home.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do kangaroos make good boxers?

11e37506-b0bd-4b08-abb7-27ec9ae0a609.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do toilets flush backwards?

I guess they do.

If they do, it's the way they were built. The Coriolis effect only works on flows over a very long distance. Unless a toilet is several hundred kilometers wide, it won't matter. (No East Texas Jokes here)

Thunder's Muse

Is most of the middle uninhabitable for some reason?

Not totally uninhabitable, just very harsh, dry and isolated.

Is the great barrier reef really dying or has it just been hit with too many cyclones in recent years?

It has reduced slightly in size but it's not dying.

What exactly is Vegemite? :idunno:

Vegimite is a spread that we use on toast etc. It was first made in 1923 during the Depression, so that children could still get the vitamins and minerals they needed, without it costing too much.

Originally made with the yeast from brewing beer, it is a black, salty spread that is as much a part of Aussie culture as beer and public holidays :chuckle:

original vegimite commercial

The Aussies must all be asleep. Not only are their seasons opposite ours, so is their day and night. Took me two weeks to get over the 'jet lag' when I got home.

Yeah, we are aprox 1 day ahead of the U.S.

Do kangaroos make good boxers?

11e37506-b0bd-4b08-abb7-27ec9ae0a609.jpg

Uh, they used to but it's kinda frowned upon now....

Most Aussie wouldn't mess with a male kangaroo.....

Kangaroo