Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1PeaceMaker

Wow, 400 posts and nobody has mentioned male glamour models.

I guess that's because a man in a suit dressed up for church is dressed to impress women without being bare-skinned. I personally think my husband looks inordinately hot in a suit - but he isn't immoral because of it. What is it about dressing men up like that - I don't know because they are showing less skin sometimes when looking even more impressive to the opposite sex.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If only it was just that simple. The truth is darker, more sinister. They know they are not entitled. But they get wickedly angry because in their self condemning state, led to believe that natural impulses are the sign of a festering evil, they become enraged at the women for possessing the power to tempt them and bring them down. They figure since they are already sinning in their heart, might as well take it out on the vulnerable female they believe is also in the wrong and deserving of punishment for tripping them up.

So they get their revenge on her, but the blame is in the wrong place.

Agreed.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. You have quite the imagination. Keep turning your ear to the witch, and you will be a full blown feminist yet.

And THIS is exactly what you do. Elo and 1PM have done for you what I did so long ago and now they are receiving the same backlash. No good deed goes unpunished.

You simply are not mature or stable enough to participate in discussions in which other people do not pat you on the back and say "wow, you are some outstanding human being".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess that's because a man in a suit dressed up for church is dressed to impress women without being bare-skinned. I personally think my husband looks inordinately hot in a suit - but he isn't immoral because of it. What is it about dressing men up like that - I don't know because they are showing less skin sometimes when looking even more impressive to the opposite sex.

I personally think true beauty goes far beyond a person's skin. Your husband is the most handsome man alive (to you) because of how you view him as a person, which includes his interaction with you and your children.

As an example, Anna Nicole Smith's marriage to J. Howard Marshall would demonstrate exactly what happens when someone is so superficially focused on youth and outer beauty. Basically, he got the woman he wanted and deserved. She was eye candy and pumped his ego ... and he was an open bank account.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. You have quite the imagination. Keep turning your ear to the witch, and you will be a full blown feminist yet.

Already resorting to name calling, I see. Oh well, after all of your previous performances, no one expects anything different from you.

Climate sanity. Indeed. :plain:

1PeaceMaker

I personally think true beauty goes far beyond a person's skin. Your husband is the most handsome man alive (to you) because of how you view him as a person, which includes his interaction with you and your children.

That's a very good point. I've seen men I thought were alright or even handsome take on a homely hue after seeing how messed up they were on the inside.

Still, you know, some men just look like they should audition for the next James Bond part. They maybe should stay out of suits?

Or maybe they shouldn't get into one in the first place if they don't want to find trouble? ;)

As an example, Anna Nicole Smith's marriage to J. Howard Marshall would demonstrate exactly what happens when someone is so superficially focused on youth and outer beauty. Basically, he got the woman he wanted and deserved. She was eye candy and pumped his ego ... and he was an open bank account.

I didn't follow their story but I know what you mean, anyway.

For us, we were looking for a partner in ministry, first. It just so happened that I was pleased with his looks. By contrast, my first serious interest as an older teen was so plain his look had to grow on me first. For 3 years we were just good friends. But his character eventually blinded me, as far as shallow objections went.

So - I know a plain man when I see one. I would have gladly that one way back then before I knew him even better, but I'm pretty sure he eventually didn't think our personalities would work together, and I ended up with the same opinion of him.

1PeaceMaker

Already resorting to name calling, I see. Oh well, after all of your previous performances, no one expects anything different from you.

Climate sanity. Indeed. :plain:

That was crazy, and uncalled-for name calling, I agree.

Not the way for him to play a martyr. :nono:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was crazy, and uncalled-for name calling, I agree.

Not the way for him to play a martyr. :nono:

Well, I was exactly where you are with him. A friend whose PM box was always open and willing to listen and try to help.

The first time my opinion on a topic didn't agree with his own, the angry online responses and harassing PM's began. My posts were generalization, which is what most people utilize because ... let's face it, one size does not always fit all.

Apparently, he saw himself in those generalizations and lost it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And THIS is exactly what you do. Elo and 1PM have done for you what I did so long ago and now they are receiving the same backlash. No good deed goes unpunished.

You simply are not mature or stable enough to participate in discussions in which other people do not pat you on the back and say "wow, you are some outstanding human being".

Climate Sanity sounds like a hot mess

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you explain in your words why you think I'm a hot mess?

Are you capable of that?

Yes, from what I've read you are self absorbed and whiny. It seems you've been like this for years with history between you and other members. It seems you've been seeking advice for your life and you were looking for a wife. Just a hot mess

ClimateSanity

Yes, from what I've read you are self absorbed and whiny. It seems you've been like this for years with history between you and other members. It seems you've been seeking advice for your life and you were looking for a wife. Just a hot mess

What gave you the impression I was self absorbed? The few posts I made in defense of myself in a blazing hot stream of constant attack?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You have an unloving heart. No good can come of that.

Are you reading any of the hateful comments directed at me? Do you claim these people have a loving heart?

What comments have I made outside of responding to YOUR posts?

The nice thing about using the quote feature is that you cannot play the innocent, misunderstand martyr when your own words are staring back at you.

ClimateSanity

Why do these threads all end being about Climate sanity ?

Why do you think they do? How many posts bring me up without hearing one peep from me? I'm a hot mess because I respond to one in fifty of them? These threads are about me without me saying a word. That is because of the obsession of one person and now her two newly found team mates.

ClimateSanity

So you think I'm whiny? I have the same impression of you. I guess that makes you a hot mess by your own standard.

By the way, I'm not the only one who thinks you are whiny. Whereas only you and queen bees gang think I'm whiny. Their opinion is worthless to thinking people on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.