Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I am not really understanding the animal comparison. As human beings, we are more intelligent and have a better sense of right VS wrong.

Perhaps I am being overly optimistic when I say this, however, IMO, there are more men who would offer a coat to a woman walking in front of them as compared to those who would attack her.

Not if you believe in the inherent sinfulness of mankind.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't believe in sin. Period. It is a religious concept.

Assuming there's a rapist lurking in every man's pretty easy to do if your entire belief system's based on the inherent wickedness of mankind. Musterion's actually being consistent. Grotesque, as usual, but consistent.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Assuming there's a rapist lurking in every man's pretty easy to do if your entire belief system's based on the inherent wickedness of mankind. Musterion's actually being consistent. Grotesque, as usual, but consistent.

IF I were to believe that a rapist is lurking in every man, that would make men vile.

Thankfully, I don't.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
...that would make men vile.

man is vile :idunno:

ever hear of filthy rags?

every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually?

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies?

any of this ringing a bell?

maxresdefault.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
IF I were to believe that a rapist is lurking in every man, that would make men vile.

Thankfully, I don't.

True enough. But the Taliban types do, which frankly tells you more about them than anything else. Once you assume men all are rapists waiting to happen--and that women are inherently stupid and sinful at once; Eve, in other words--then all else follows. That's what leads to the "yeah buts." She was raped. "Yeah, but what was wearing/doing/drinking?" He raped her. "Yeah, but..." Again: She was raped. "Yeah, but..."

The argument from the Talibaners really comes down to a shrug: "Well it takes two to tango." And why? Because they don't believe she was truly victimized. If they did, they'd never try to explain how or why it happened and simply take the assault at face value. The attempt to shame the victim's an attempt to put both victim and victimizer on an even playing field, which, to a true believer who believes in the same inherent sinfulness of both parties, actually somehow exists.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
True enough. But the Taliban types do, which frankly tells you more about them than anything else. Once you assume men all are rapists waiting to happen--and that women are inherently stupid and sinful at once; Eve, in other words--than all else follows. That's what leads to the "yeah buts." She was raped. "Yeah, but what was wearing/doing/drinking?" He raped her. "Yeah, but..." Again: She was raped. "Yeah, but..."

The argument from the Talibaners really comes to a shrug: "Well it takes two to tango." And why? Because they don't believe she was truly victimized. If they did, they'd never try to explain how or why it happened and simply take the assault at face value. The attempt to shame the victim's an attempt to put both victim and victimizer on an even playing field, which, to a true believer who believes in the same inherent sinfulness of both parties, actually somehow exists.

Of I agree. They believe that being a man makes them entitled to decide who they can have sex with regardless of consent.

elohiym

man is vile :idunno:

That's right, you don't know. Adam was not created vile and didn't become vile when he died.

ever hear of filthy rags?

It refers to self-righteous under the law, not the state of all men.

every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually?

Is that how your mind works? If not, then that scripture is conditional and only applicable to a certain context. If that is how your mind works, then whatever you are posting is necessarily evil continually.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies?

So? Why do you assume that all men do that all the time?

any of this ringing a bell?

The scriptures or your crazy interpretations that would necessarily condemn you, if true?

musterion

I don't believe in sin. Period. It is a religious concept.

This is reason #1 that mixed company threads like this one go nowhere. Some judge on the basis that sin exists; others judge on whatever their own standard happens to be. But it's nice that you're honest enough to admit that.

elohiym

It doesn't mean grace is unmerited, only that it's not earned by works.

A child merits his parent's love. It has nothing to do with having earned that love by doing chores. God is the Father of us all (Acts 17:28-29), which is why he loves the world, not just you and GD. I thought you used to believe this, but I obviously never knew you.

????? I'm disagreeing with you and it merits your hateful attitude toward me???

You're not disagreeing with me but trying to make a different point, and I'm not displaying a hateful attitude toward you.

We can do nothing to merit Grace. The Bible is very clear about that.

Again, it doesn't mean grace is unmerited, only that it's not earned by works. I'm arguing against those claiming grace is unmerited.

God loves us because we are his children but we can do nothing to merit it.

We already merit it because we are his children. Grace is simply God's favor, like a father's favor for his child.

If he gives us Grace, its his doing.

He showed his favor (grace) for the world when he sent His son to die on the cross, so I guess there is no "if."

if you are saying we don't do anything to merit Grace, then we are in agreement , and you can cut the snotty attitude.

It's obvious from all our discussions both public and private that I don't believe grace can be earned, just that it is merited by virtue of being God's child. Do you agree that children deserve their parent's favor? My answer is yes. Do you agree that God's children deserve their Father's favor? My answer is yes.

elohiym

Sin = vile

If man is vile and vile is sin then man is sin? No.

Man is not inherently sin or vile.

Sin is transgression of the law, and the entire law (absent the Mosaic ritual ordinances) can be fulfilled in living by the golden rule.

Titus 1:5 To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

Obviously not all men are defiled or vile if some are pure.

glorydaz

I care about integrity, and when someone tells two different stories I suspect a lack of integrity. If you cared about integrity, it would matter to you, too.

How can you care about integrity when you don't even know stripping and being aroused by strippers is immoral behavior? :chuckle:

Intregrity - the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness:

No you haven't, so don't lie. Rather, you've made up and spewed a lot of crap about me on this forum, and you will reap what you have sown for that. Interestingly, ClimateSanity under one of his previous banned user names once rebuked you for harassing and misrepresenting me. Suddenly you are buds? Don't kid yourselves.

I've made up nothing about you, and have never had an interest in your personal life. I don't care what CS did or did not do when he didn't know that you were a minister of satan...only appearing as an angel of light. You can fool many people with your scripture twisting and I won't fault someone for being fooled by you.

CS isn't my "bud", but I do see how he is being dog piled and I consider it a good thing that he might be seeing through your false teachings.

ClimateSanity believes some of the things I believe that you claim are "lies about the word of God." Why don't you two have it out?

I'm quite confident when he and I do differ on something we have more of a chance of discussing it as adults than the ridiculous antics you and the mob use on here.

He's welcome to share whatever he wants with you, and you will react to it in accordance with your nature. You have no choice in the matter.

In the first place, I don't have to listen to anything I don't want to. In the second place, I most certainly DO have a choice in regards to my reactions. I am not ruled by my flesh like so many of you folks are.

glorydaz

If man is vile and vile is sin then man is sin? No.

Man is not inherently sin or vile.

Sin is transgression of the law, and the entire law (absent the Mosaic ritual ordinances) can be fulfilled in living by the golden rule.

Titus 1:5 To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

Obviously not all men are defiled or vile if some are pure.

That purity is not man's own, but that of the Lord Jesus Christ which is accounted to those who have been created IN CHRIST JESUS.

Always seeking to steal some of the glory that belongs to Christ alone, aren't you, oh Mr. Humanist? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.