Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Yep. If I may expand it a bit...

Stripper? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Hooters waitress? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Ms. America contestant, Bathing Suit competition? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Victoria's Secret model? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Cheerleader? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

British newspaper Page 2 Girls (or whatever they're called)? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

1940s pinup cheesecake girl? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

etc etc etc

Some here will say "But that's different." Boiled down to what it is, I'm not seeing how.

To be fair I wouldn't say "that's different" as it's all centered around glamour/beauty. Is that inherently immoral in and of itself in your opinion?

elohiym

You can get as nasty as you like....it only proves how undeserving you are.

Maybe she doesn't appreciate someone telling her that she doesn't deserve her Father's love.

Do you think you merit God's favor when you lose control of your tongue that way?

Could you be any more legalistic?

Our Lord Jesus Christ did not die on the cross because we deserved it, Bybee. I'm surprised I have to tell you that.

And you have no scripture that states as much.

elohiym

I won't see or hear it because it is not written.

It is written, but you will not see or hear it.

Watch, you'll miss it again ...

Romans 4:16 For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

bybee

You can get as nasty as you like....it only proves how undeserving you are. Do you think you merit God's favor when you lose control of your tongue that way?

Our Lord Jesus Christ did not die on the cross because we deserved it, Bybee. I'm surprised I have to tell you that.

You stupid clot if I lost control of my tongue you would be the first to benefit. But as it is, I know that God loves you just as God loves me.
Your arrogance is duly noted. You have nothing to say to me that has any Christian love in it at all.

glorydaz

Maybe she doesn't appreciate someone telling her that she doesn't deserve her Father's love.

I don't care what she appreciates. NO ONE deserves God's grace.
You can twist scripture and squirm like a worm, but you can't make the Bible say what it doesn't, and neither can Bybee.

Could you be any more legalistic?

Nothing legalistic about it.

And you have no scripture that states as much.

Of course I do. We were by nature the children of wrath....dead in trespasses and sins. Sure doesn't sound deserving of God's grace to me.

Ephesians 2:1-3
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.​

Even when we were dead in sins (undeserving)....

Eph. 2:4-5
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )​

Why? Because we deserved it? NO. So that in the ages to come, He might show the exceeding riches of HIS GRACE .....through CHRIST JESUS.
Eph. 2:7
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.​

A gift....underserved....NOT OF YOURSELVES....NOT OF WORKS...Lest any man should BOAST.

Eph. 2: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

Yet you want to boast, "I DESERVED God's mercy and Grace." :nono:

Boasting is EXCLUDED, yet you humanists insist on boasting that you deserve God's Grace.

glorydaz

It is written, but you will not see or hear it.

Watch, you'll miss it again ...

Romans 4:16 For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,

Yep, I see the word grace there, but not one single thing about being deserving of God's grace.

ClimateSanity

I don't care what she appreciates. NO ONE deserves God's grace.
You can twist scripture and squirm like a worm, but you can't make the Bible say what it doesn't, and neither can Bybee.

Nothing legalistic about iIs

Of course I do. We were by nature the children of wrath....dead in trespasses and sins. Sure doesn't sound deserving of God's grace to me.

Ephesians 2:1-3
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.​

Even when we were dead in sins (undeserving)....

Eph. 2:4-5
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )​

Why? Because we deserved it? NO. So that in the ages to come, He might show the exceeding riches of HIS GRACE .....through CHRIST JESUS.
Eph. 2:7
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.​

A gift....underserved....NOT OF YOURSELVES....NOT OF WORKS...Lest any man should BOAST.

Eph. 2: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

Yet you want to boast, "I DESERVED God's mercy and Grace." :nono:

Boasting is EXCLUDED, yet you humanists insist on boasting that you deserve God's Grace.

Keep up the good preaching.

Arthur Brain

She was up there stripping and enticing men to sin....she certainly does have some responsibility for it, and since she was wrong to strip, she deserves to suffer whatever consequences that come upon her for that bad behavior.

Not for rape she doesn't, not in the slightest bit. No court of law would find her in any way responsible for the actions of a violent psychopath so why you think otherwise is, well, anyones guess.

To be consistent you'd have to apply the same "standards" to lingerie models, fashion models and any other woman who uses their beauty in endorsing or selling a product lest it 'entice another to sin'.

So are you? Should there be no such thing as shampoo/lipstick adverts or any product advertised by an alluring beautiful woman? Be it on television or on the product itself?

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.