Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Well. I didn't want to go down this path anyway. The incessant harassment made me want to try to set the story straight and this is the inevitable conclusion.

It's a shame when you have to get this deeply personal when clearing your name.

Yes it is a shame, especially since you will never be able to clear your name with such people. Their minds were made up from the get go, and they will not be moved. Shake the dust off and move on....

Granite

Hall of Fame
The biggest difference I am seeing is the delivery and viewing. One is live, the other is on paper.

Either way, there is only one person who is responsible for viewing them: the person who voluntarily pays money to go to a strip club OR buys a magazine to look at these models who are dressed in very little while posing provocatively.

Well, maybe that and intent. If you happen to glance at a model on a billboard and notice what she's wearing, or who she's posed with, or the brand name she's shilling for, that's one thing. It's almost incidental. Now if you're reading Vogue or Playboy or something, fine--different animal.

You kind of have to go out of your way to find yourself in a strip joint, and the whole situation there's totally different.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, maybe that and intent. If you happen to glance at a model on a billboard and notice what she's wearing, or who she's posed with, or the brand name she's shilling for, that's one thing. It's almost incidental. Now if you're reading Vogue or Playboy or something, fine--different animal.

You kind of have to go out of your way to find yourself in a strip joint, and the whole situation there's totally different.

Well, one thing is the same. Anyone reacting to these women violently, are predators and one hundred percent wrong for their actions.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, one thing is the same. Anyone reacting to these women violently, are predators and one hundred percent wrong for their actions.

Yes, that should (but doesn't) go without saying. Also, based on my one* venture into a strip club, I'd venture to say "getting violent" with the ladies is an outstanding way of getting yourself hospitalized. Or worse.:chuckle:

* Sorry to disappoint.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying YOU manifest the love of Christ. :rotfl:

Is that so, little girly man?

No, intoself.....I certainly do not owe you grace or anything else.

You just don't like it that I corrected your mistaken notion that anyone DESERVES grace. Now, try to get a grip on that silly pride of yours before you end up losing your temper and running off at the mouth once again.

“Women in like manner must be grave, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things.”
**1 Timothy‬ *3:11‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/1ti.3.11.asv

ClimateSanity

Yes it is a shame, especially since you will never be able to clear your name with such people. Their minds were made up from the get go, and they will not be moved. Shake the dust off and move on....

My apologies for turning this into a thread about me personally.

glorydaz

There is a big difference between being shocked and offended and pointing out or recognizing immoral behavior. We've all lived in this world the same as you unbelievers have, and we have seen and done the same things you have done at some point in our lives. So we aren't shocked in the least by what you're all saying or by what those in this world do.

What makes us different is that we know God and don't call evil good and good evil. We don't blur the lines between right and wrong. We have a moral code based on the Bible and our God given conscience, and you folks have set yourselves up as your own little gods...the deciders of right and wrong. It's why you always talk among yourselves trying to figure out what is too far....too much thigh...too much cleavage.....strip clubs or magazine. It's all subjective morality instead of TRUTH according to God.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, that should (but doesn't) go without saying. Also, based on my one* venture into a strip club, I'd venture to say "getting violent" with the ladies is an outstanding way of getting yourself hospitalized. Or worse.:chuckle:

:chuckle: Very true. Not only are the bouncers mean, but a lot of these women can hold their own.

IMO, models and actresses would be more at risk ... and just your everyday Jane, more so.

glorydaz

:doh:

Yes, 100 percent wrong for THEIR ACTIONS.

And the stripper is 100 percent wrong for her own actions.

This just seems to be an impossible concept for the liberals to grasp.
Each person is responsible for his or her own actions.
Rape does not take away the guilt of stripping.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:doh:

Yes, 100 percent wrong for THEIR ACTIONS.

And the stripper is 100 percent wrong for her own actions.

This just seems to be an impossible concept for the liberals to grasp.
Each person is responsible for his or her own actions.
Rape does not take away the guilt of stripping.

Ah yes, the old "sum it up with 'liberal' like it actually means something."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'm quite serious and I'm certainly not slandering you...if that's what you're trying to imply with that verse.

I'll say again.....You don't deserve any grace from me or God or anyone else.

“Put on therefore, as God’s elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye: and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful.”
**Colossians‬ *3:12-15‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/col.3.12-15.asv

bybee

“Put on therefore, as God’s elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye: and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful.”
**Colossians‬ *3:12-15‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/col.3.12-15.asv

She dares to presume to know who deserves God's grace!

Status
Not open for further replies.