ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Berean Todd said:
Hey, if they want to ignore the clear teachings of scripture it's between them and God, I'm just using my voice to be His mouthpiece.

Yeah. You and everybody else. The minute everyone's equal and claims to be speaking for God, Christianity loses its credibility.

Ecumenicist

I like the one where Paul says "If a guy can't control his wife, how can he control a church? He shouldn't
be a Bishop."

I guess I'll never be a Bishop, trying to control my wife would be a fast ticket to divorce court.

Dave

docrob57

Forgive me, but I have to ask. Isn't there anything better to talk about that Zakath's legitimacy? He seems to be okay. At least in a this-worldly sense. Geez.

wickwoman

docrob57 said:
Forgive me, but I have to ask. Isn't there anything better to talk about that Zakath's legitimacy? He seems to be okay. At least in a this-worldly sense. Geez.

You mean, by alien standards, for instance, he might be not so "okay?"

docrob57

wickwoman said:
You mean, by alien standards, for instance, he might be not so "okay?"

Precisely!

Reside in this land as an alien, and I will be with you, and will bless you; for to you and to your descendants I will give all these lands, and I will fulfill the oath that I swore to your father Abraham. (Gen 26:3)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Berean Todd said:
Well, considering he has been divorced he is unfit to be a pastor anymore for one.

Perhaps in AofG. I believe God is redemptive. We stigmatize divorce over other sins. One can be a murderer or repentant adulterer and get ordained...but, if there is divorce? Does this seem Pharisaical to anyone? This has caused godly, repentant men to leave my denomination and be ordained elsewhere. Certainly, we do not want to lower standards, but some people are divorced because their partners leave them for homosexual or other relationships. Should the no-fault person who sought reconciliation be excluded from ministry forever? Should we ordain former homosexuals, but not divorced people? Hypocrisy?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
Excerpt from the article:

April 10 - Denver Christian radio talk-show host Bob Enyart was handcuffed in a Jefferson County courtroom Friday and led to jail to begin serving a 60-day sentence for beating his stepson with a belt.

Enyart was convicted in 1995 of misdemeanor child abuse resulting in injury for inflicting bruises, welts and broken skin on the buttocks of his stepson, Stephen, who was 7 at the time. The misdemeanor case took two trials in Jefferson County and almost five years to play out.

"It's been a very long process, it's been very hard on Stephen," said John Mayns, the boy's father and custodial parent. Through the lengthy process, Enyart claimed that he did nothing wrong, saying in 1997 that "taking a boy to the woodshed" was once "politically correct." Enyart did not address the court Friday. But Mayns said the discipline was more than a mere spanking.

"He did not spank him, he beat him," Mayns said. The beating with a belt, for which Enyart was sentenced to jail, happened in the boy's mother's Arvada home. Enyart disciplined Stephen, at the behest of the boy's mother, Cheryl, for refusing to take a shower. The couple was dating at the time, but was not yet married. He was also accused of beating his stepson another time on a camping trip in El Paso County but was later acquitted.

Did Enyart use a belt ?

Was the the child Enyart's stepson at the time of the incident ?

Was the father convinced that abuse had occurred ?

Was the judge convinced that abuse had occurred ?

And, just for fun, whose little girl was he holding on his lap ?

BTW - why would you think that I would be willing to take the word of a convicted child abuser ?
He wasn't holding a little girl on his lap he was holding a little boy. His name is Zachery and my point was that the writers attention to accurate detail leaves a little to be desired.

BTW I'm so sorry that I didn't answer your post within a time limit that was acceptable to you. I was kind of in a hurry when I was posting yesterday, couldn't find this thread at the time and I worked 14 + hours today
only to find you smarting off like I was ducking your questions.

Last edited:

wickwoman

docrob57 said:
Precisely!

Reside in this land as an alien, and I will be with you, and will bless you; for to you and to your descendants I will give all these lands, and I will fulfill the oath that I swore to your father Abraham. (Gen 26:3)

Touche. (sp?)

Caille

deardelmar said:
He wasn't holding a little girl on his lap he was holding a little boy. His name is Zachery and my point was that the writers attention to accurate detail leaves a little to be desired.

BTW I'm so sorry that I didn't answer your post within a time limit that was acceptable to you. I was kind of in a hurry when I was posting yesterday, couldn't find this thread at the time and I worked 14 + hours today

"...since Deardelmar seems to have lost interest..." = smarting off ??? Are you kidding ? Compared to the normal style of discourse around here (or the example Enyart sets) that was gentle as a drowsy kitten.

I only get access once or twice a day myself. Don't know how multiple thread posters can keep track of it all.

I did notice that you only answered one of my six questions, the "just for fun" one. Of course, the last one was rhetorical, unless you can come up with a good reason. But the first four were serious and deserve consideration. Here's a couple more:

Who gets to decide whether the line between discipline or abuse has been crossed ? The perpetrator ?

How would you feel if your seven year old son was disciplined in a manner that you considered to be abuse by your estranged (or ex-) wife's boyfriend ?

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
docrob57 said:
Forgive me, but I have to ask. Isn't there anything better to talk about that Zakath's legitimacy?
Excuse me, but we weren't talking about my parents' marital status when I was conceived... ;)

He seems to be okay. At least in a this-worldly sense. Geez.
Thank you. :alien:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
deardelmar said:
It's been a while since I read the article, but doesn't it mention a boy, not a girl? :think:

:chuckle: People around here can sometimes forget that there is life outside of TOL.

Keep up the good work, DD! :thumb:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
It's been a while since I read the article, but doesn't it mention a boy, not a girl? :think:

:chuckle: People around here can sometimes forget that there is life outside of TOL.

Keep up the good work, DD! :thumb:
this article ,the one that callie provided, said that Enyart was holding his toddler daughter.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
"...since Deardelmar seems to have lost interest..." = smarting off ??? Are you kidding ? Compared to the normal style of discourse around here (or the example Enyart sets) that was gentle as a drowsy kitten.

I only get access once or twice a day myself. Don't know how multiple thread posters can keep track of it all.

I did notice that you only answered one of my six questions, the "just for fun" one. Of course, the last one was rhetorical, unless you can come up with a good reason. But the first four were serious and deserve consideration. Here's a couple more:

Who gets to decide whether the line between discipline or abuse has been crossed ? The perpetrator ?

How would you feel if your seven year old son was disciplined in a manner that you considered to be abuse by your estranged (or ex-) wife's boyfriend ?
Ask all the questions you want. I said I could prove that not everything in the article was correct and I did just that. I choose to answer the only question that had to do with what I stated. I will be happy to answer the other questions but it will have to wait till I have a little more time.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
deardelmar said:
this article ,the one that callie provided, said that Enyart was holding his toddler daughter.
I was thinking of the Westword (or is it Westwood?) article... thanks for providing this other link.

Depending on how they are dressed, confusion about the gender of a very young child is not uncommon, particularly if the observer hasn't seen the child before. Is there some other factual content of the article that was incorrect?

docrob57

I see that all roads lead back to Bob Enyart's conviction. I was hoping to say something either positive or negative about Zakath. Alas, my hopes have been dashed.

wickwoman

docrob57 said:
I see that all roads lead back to Bob Enyart's conviction. I was hoping to say something either positive or negative about Zakath. Alas, my hopes have been dashed.

Oh go ahead. the Topic is Zak is Genuine. If you DON't like Zak, you must post on Zak is a fraud. ;)