ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

Caledvwlch

To hell with rep points. Do they actually mean anything to me? Do I consider someone's opinion of lower value if they have red squares next to their name? I can tell you one thing, I certainly don't consider the opinion of someone with a bunch of green squares any more worthwhile.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Caledvwlch said:
To hell with rep points. Do they actually mean anything to me? Do I consider someone's opinion of lower value if they have red squares next to their name? I can tell you one thing, I certainly don't consider the opinion of someone with a bunch of green squares any more worthwhile.
All too true...

... it might still be an interesting psychological study though, on the use and abuse of power... :think:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
All too true...

... it might still be an interesting psychological study though, on the use and abuse of power... :think:

I rarely rep, but when I do, it is based on content, not personality. I try to be fair regardless whether I like or agree with everything one person says.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
godrulz said:
I rarely rep, but when I do, it is based on content, not personality. I try to be fair regardless whether I like or agree with everything one person says.
Then I would guess that you're not one of my "drive bys", eh? :)

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
I see you have a "bunch" of green squares. :darwinsm:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Since I'm not a paid subscriber, I cannot see who reps me one way or the other unless they include the info in the message, so they're hiding behind the anonymity and the posts are effectively the TOL equivalent of a "drive by" shooting. ;)

That would be me.

As a psychologist,
:yawn:

I'm interested in whether they view the rep system as means of behavior modification
Yeah, you'd like for us to be dumb enough to view it that way.

when I post certain topics using certain language, I get good reps or at least garner no negatives. When I post certain topics and/or use language they do not appreciate and I get bad reps.

By, George, I think you're getting the hang of it.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
So you're my self-appointed "holy spirit"?
What are you, an 8 year old today?
Yeah, right, that's the whole purpose in giving bad reps...to be somebody's "holy spirit".

Or have you been assigned the job by the Powers That Be?

:think:
I don't need anybody to assign me to bad rep stupidity. I'm perfectly capable of spotting it myself especially when you make it so easy to see.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Poly said:
What are you, an 8 year old today...
Charming... every day she bad reps me for what, 75 points or so, and I'm acting like the 8 year old... :rolleyes:

I don't need anybody to assign me to bad rep stupidity. I'm perfectly capable of finding it myself especially when you make it so easy to see.
So I should understand your answers to mean that to be that you're engaging in a one-woman crusade to bad rep me?

Sounds like power has gone to your head, Poly.

But it's a free country...whatever floats your boat. :kookoo:

Caledvwlch

You know what everyone? I don't want these stupid green squares anymore. Please bad rep me straight into the basement. I'm talking aikido here. Give me the works.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Caledvwlch said:
You know what everyone? I don't want these stupid green squares anymore. Please bad rep me straight into the basement. I'm talking aikido here. Give me the works.
Try insulting BillyBob...