ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

julie21

You know...I have my own opinion on whether the Edge "got it" [ the joke]. I believe that he does get it...that he may have actually got it a bit before his post of acknowledgement, but thought it was a bit childish in a way, so refrained from pointing out the fact that he got it. ...maybe to see how childish things could really get :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
According to this account, the seven year old boy that Enyart was convicted of abusing was the son of the divorced woman he was dating at the time. The charge was brought by the boy's father who was also the custodial parent. The judge was convinced of the evidence of bruises, welts and broken skin, which were the result of Enyart beating the boy with a belt.

http://www.corpun.com/usdm9904.htm
Not every thing in this account is accurate and I can prove it.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
You know...I have my own opinion on whether the Edge "got it" [ the joke]. I believe that he does get it...that he may have actually got it a bit before his post of acknowledgement, but thought it was a bit childish in a way, so refrained from pointing out the fact that he got it. ...maybe to see how childish things could really get :)
Based on his own behavior in this thread up until that point, I seriously doubt it. He fell for it hook, line, sinker, and then some. And now he's trying to convince us that he knew it all along to save face.

Last edited:

julie21

Oh well...I guess the game of childish pursuits is up then, and so back to some serious man like stuff of posting opinions on the matters up for discussion...Final score on putting it over people = Boys 1 The Edge 0
:darwinsm: ...you can all decide for yourselves which that lil' ol' smiley is directed at ;)

Caille

deardelmar said:

Give it a shot - the most convincing proof would be a retraction or correction by the Denver Post, or
Kieran Nicholson, the writer of the article.

ApologeticJedi

Edge said: I never told Erin she was a bad person. I would not do something like that.

I read your post, that’s not the impression I got. Do you mean that you didn’t use those exact words? :doh:

Edge said: And when I looked at the Bob Enyart thread she showed me, I read it, then I looked up Bob's credentials, and came across those child abuse charges and his bad radio ratings. So that is where I was coming from. Nothing two-faced about it.

Well I didn’t hide how I said you were two faced, I gave three distinct examples of it. Whenever you tell someone they shouldn’t judge, and then proceed to judge someone yourself, that is two-faced and hypocritical. Whenever you say it is wrong for someone else to be rude, and then air their family squabbles publicly (a rude act, even if factual) you are two-faced. (Incidentally, if you maintain that this isn't rude, try this tactic at a party about the person sitting next to you and see if they hold it as rude!) ;)

I’m not saying judging or being rude is always wrong, the Bible says otherwise. But you did state that and you can’t even stand behind your own self-righteousness without being two-faced.

Edge said: “But back to the point...Spanking is all good, but Bob Enyart crossed the line between Godly adminition and abuse. “

Nonsense, he spanked. God says that a child may be spanked by the rod and not die. That rebellion should be driven out with the blueness of the rod. These are harsh terms put in the Bible, but they are not outside of God’s will, nor do they count as abuse.

Edge said:And the fierce devotion to him is a little creepy. Nothing I can do about it, you all follow who you like.

Perhaps you don’t have many friends, or you aren’t a very good friend yourself? Perhaps that’s why you don’t understand?

Edge said:People need to admit that Bob Enyart is not this untouchable, holy authority on God.

Agreed. No one said otherwise. However, you falsely charged that he spanks his children against the wishes of the child’s mother. I’ve met his wife. She’s no more against spanking than I. You also said that Enyart feels that the Old Testament Law is in affect today as much as it was in the Old Testament. This isn’t exactly what Enyart teaches. He states that certain principles are still in effect, for instance he uses New Testament support for the death penalty to show that it is in effect as much as before.

But alas, I’m sure you have excuses for your statements that you feel justify you even before those that have a little more knowledge than you on these subjects. Or at least, your pride will require you to come up with an excuse.

Edge sid Enyart has a much more questionable past than any of the men I mentioned, after he came to Christ!

So did Peter. So has Ryrie. So has Macarthur. So has Billy Graham. So has Jerry Falwell. So has D. James Kennedy. Bob's sins are more grevious than some, and less than others. Apparently you are the only one claiming to be perfect since becoming a Christian. I agree that there are some things that Enyart has done that were sinful since becoming a Christian – even though I do not agree with you that spanking is one of them. Just from what I have heard of his divorce he admits that it was his own sin that destroyed his first marriage. So yes, I do find that he has sinned, and sinned even since then. I’m sorry but your argument is not a sufficient one. It is not due to a motive never to see fault in the man that we come to his defense on this issue. That's a false charge against us! Even the athiests and agnostics, who typically hate Christ and the more devote Christians (Jn 15:18), but loved you initially because you chose to attack fellow christians on matters of tactics, are starting to turn on you. Maybe it's time for a breather and self-reflextion?

Edge said:I read more about Enyart today, and I see he's done a lot of good, but I still question his motives and views on some things. Therefore, I just have a little trouble when people act like Bob Enyart is the source of absolute truth.

Of course your pride will never let you to accept rebuke, or to admit you are wrong. You read a little and made a decision. Now you’ve read that Enyart has a very good reputation among certain large corners of the Christian community for his good works, but you are in a pickle because you’ve already “trashed him” verbally without having read both sides, and having a lot of pride in your life, you have a hard time admitting you may have judged too quickly based on one-sided information.

Edge saidDo the research for yourselves. I think is 5 day thing is absolutely chilling. That freaks me out, and I don't think Christian men need to be worrying about changing our government to put to death all the people that Enyart thinks should be executed. In my opinion, homosexuality is a sin, and people can turn from it. I had a friend in college who was saved and gave up homosexuality, and married a beautiful lady. So as you can see, I disagree and I have the right to.

I don’t always agree with him either (although I do regarding homosexuality). I only got involved because it was obvious your behavior was atrocious.

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I can't believe you guys are making such a huge deal out of a stinkin' joke. You're making you and your buddies look as bad as you think I made myself look. I got it right away, it was pretty plain, but that's the genius of how I played along to elevate your childishness. And you guys fell for my counterjoke hook, line and sinker.
GOSH!

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
AJ, All I have to say is you know nothing about me. Keep on defending your boy. I'm through wasting my time on this thread.
:bang:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
deardelmar said:

Caille said:
Give it a shot - the most convincing proof would be a retraction or correction by the Denver Post, or
Kieran Nicholson, the writer of the article.
Well for one thing the article said that " He held his toddler daughter in his lap". He does not have a daughter and I should think you would be willing to take Bob's word for that.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I can't believe you guys are making such a huge deal out of a stinkin' joke. You're making you and your buddies look as bad as you think I made myself look. I got it right away, it was pretty plain, but that's the genius of how I played along to elevate your childishness. And you guys fell for my counterjoke hook, line and sinker.
GOSH!
Not me :)
But I do love BOB!

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
You see, T and K, I played you guys from the beginning.
Let me explain something....I have not been a popular guy in school. All throughout middle school and high school I got picked on. In college I refused to drink and party, so I got hassled a little there. At AccuWeather, which is filled with a bunch of perverts, I got made fun of for my conservative, Biblical views.

I have plenty of experience, and I have some wisdom. I have heard all the jokes. And I mean all. Your little joke didn't slip past me; it was so blatently obvious. So I played you. And I think only Julie was smart enough to pick up on it. It took a lot of strength for me to hold it in this long and not reveal this earlier, to give you guys a chance to think you got me. If you still think I missed it, the joke is on you. It wasn't exactly subtle.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
You see, T and K, I played you guys from the beginning.
Let me explain something....I have not been a popular guy in school. All throughout middle school and high school I got picked on. In college I refused to drink and party, so I got hassled a little there. At AccuWeather, which is filled with a bunch of perverts, I got made fun of for my conservative, Biblical views.

I have plenty of experience, and I have some wisdom. I have heard all the jokes. And I mean all. Your little joke didn't slip past me; it was so blatently obvious. So I played you. And I think only Julie was smart enough to pick up on it. It took a lot of strength for me to hold it in this long and not reveal this earlier, to give you guys a chance to think you got me. If you still think I missed it, the joke is on you. It wasn't exactly subtle.
You seem to be popular enough here,based on your rep points.

ApologeticJedi

The Edge said:
AJ, All I have to say is you know nothing about me. Keep on defending your boy. I'm through wasting my time on this thread.

I'll admit I don't know a lot about you, but I have devised some things thus far:

#1) You are a hypocrite.

Case in point, it is obvious that you judged Bob (fairly or not) and then told someone else that it was wrong to judge. :doh:

#2) Pride is a problem with you.

When pointed out that some of the things you said were untrue of Bob's position you did not deem it necessary to apologise. Nor do you apologise when it is evident that you acted in a hypocritical issue. Instead of saying, "Okay, I was wrong in that, but my position on Erin... or whatever ... remains in tact" which would have shut most of us up, you continued to lie more and pretend that you didn't say, what has been fairly easy for me to go back and find. I can deduce nothing other than pride that would cause someone to make themselves look so foolish, when the honorable approach is so easy to maintain.

#3) You self-admittedly are bothered more by the “tactics” of ministry towards sinners, than against the sin yourself.

For instance, it appears it bothers you more that Enyart is “not nice” towards homosexuals, than the sin of homosexuality itself bothers you. Personally, this make me say that I’m glad you’re not on my side. I’d prefer you to distance yourself from Christianity as much as possible so that sinners aren’t confused and think that you represent us all.

Enyart has perhaps the most effective ministry at reaching homosexuals I’ve ever met. Perhaps that’s not your cup of tea. That’s actually fine. Erin is wrong to believe that every Christian must confront all homosexuals. Perhaps your tactic is somewhat softer. No big deal. It’s not worth my time to defame someone’s tactic (so long as their “tactic” isn’t apathy). However you’re no less guilty than Erin of defaming someone, not on the result of their ministry to the Lord, or their dedication, but that you personally don’t approve of their tactic.

When Jesus died, that didn’t make you God. ;)

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
AJ, this is one of the most convoluted, twisted things you ever wrote. And it fits perfectly with Enyartian diatribe. I won't even dignify it with a good response, except to say that I believe homosexuals should be reached out to with love, and Enyart wants to execute them all. You put words in my mouth and then try to make me look bad with them. You just go worship your Enyart, and I'll worship Christ. You obviously are more worried about defending Enyart than uncovering the truth.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
AJ, this is one of the most convoluted, twisted things you ever wrote. And it fits perfectly with Enyartian diatribe. I won't even dignify it with a good response, except to say that I believe homosexuals should be reached out to with love, and Enyart wants to execute them all. You put words in my mouth and then try to make me look bad with them. You just go worship your Enyart, and I'll worship Christ. You obviously are more worried about defending Enyart than uncovering the truth.

Edge,

If you don't warn them that what they are doing is sick and perverted, they may go to Hell because of YOU, because you looked the other way and washed your hands with disdain by saying you love them but you won't judge them to save their lives.

Sleep tight big man

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
Fair enough. The Enyartians have brought out some undesirable behavior in me which I do apologize for. I'm sorry for resorting to angry words to try to shut up the Enyartians. But my positions all remain intact.

Edge
Hey Edge, not that you care... because if you did you would have quit while you were ahead, but let me tell you from one Christian to another that you are way off base on this thread.

I am very close friends with Bob and I know the details of his case rather well. Bob along with many other Christian parents have run head-on into our battle against the evils in this world when it comes to our godly obligation in rasing children.

Sadly... you have sided with the left-wing nutballs and aligned yourself with those who hate God and hate folks who attempt to raise godly children. One might think this was easy enough to see through... but when you have invested as much energy into defending a position you really know nothing about maybe you are too proud to admit that maybe you spoke out of turn and wrongly judged?

I do know that..... if you had a close friend and I was wrongly judging him I would expect you to defend your friend and I pray that I would hear your rebuke and repent from my wrongful judgment.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps, Knight. But all I have to go on is what I see on the net and what others on this board say. And you see here there are people divided into two camps, the Enyartians defend him, and are friends of him, and there are the others, who do not know Bob personally. A person who is a close friend of the accused would not be the most objective voice. However, the information I found on the net proved that the boy's back was beaten to blood, and that is not cool. If you can stand up and continue to defend the man after that, then so be it. As I said, I support corporal punishment, and all I want to see is someone to say that Bob isn't perfect, that he screwed up. Nobody has done that yet. But I'm giving it up, because this is not worth it anymore. I've spent over a week going round and round with Erin and the Enyartians, and I look bad now because of the angry Enyartian defense I see. Let's just agree to disagree and move on with our lives? I'm not going to be drawn into this any more. I stand on what I said.

I never "judged" Bob Enyart. I am calling him on a mistake, and just trying to get people to realize that he's not untouchable. If I had judged him, I would not even spend any more time reading this crazy thread. I am not a liberal either. I'm very conservative. I'm sorry this has gone on so far.