ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

Caledvwlch

Free-Agent Smith said:
Did you think that was the punishment for every crime?
I was just thinking that the crucifixion was the ultimate restitution. Restitution for the sins of the world. At any rate, I was way out of context, so disregard.

PureX

the Sibbie said:
Says the man who believes many on death row are more likely to be innocent than guilty.

Yeah, tell me about it!
...Says the woman who thinks that no one is ever wrongly convicted ... well ... no one but saint Bob, of course. Yeah, tell me about it!

drbrumley

So tell me PureX, what's the percentage of Non guilty convictions in your estimation compared to those who actually did get convicted rightfully?

And I'll quote Bob,

Which is more likely: An innocent man wrongly charged for murder when there are 24,000 deaths a year or only a handful with good laws?

Last edited:

PureX

None of us knows, that's the whole point. It's no more reasonable to assume that there are no innocent men on death row than it is to assume that Bob IS innocent. The truth is WE DON'T REALLY KNOW. Bob just might be a child abuser. And some men on death row just could be wrongly convicted ... especially in Illinois.

drbrumley

PureX said:
None of us knows, that's the whole point. It's no more reasonable to assume that there are no innocent men on death row than it is to assume that Bob IS innocent. The truth is WE DON'T REALLY KNOW. Bob just might be a child abuser. And some men on death row just could be wrongly convicted ... especially in Illinois.

Again,

Which is more likely: An innocent man wrongly charged for murder when there are 24,000 deaths a year or only a handful with good laws?

PureX

Well, so far, quite a number of death row inmates in Illinous have been finally proven to have been wrongly convicted. Turns out that the system, here, has a built in bias that tends to send poor minorities to death row without really giving them an honest and fair trial. So some of them we KNOW were innocent. What we don't know is how many more, are. The Enyart followers are usually the ones shouting the loudest around here for capitol punishment, and no appeals and all that, so I thought this was a good opportunity to point out to them that just as their hero Bob might have been wrongly convicted, so could have been the people they're clamoring to see the state execute.

I realize I'm shouting into a kind of deafening ignorance, but I guess that's one of the weird quirks that your God built into me.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
Julie, Turbo,
Agree with both of you on spanking. My wife and I have always been for it. I was spanked. I tell you, I have no fear or bad memories of it, but some of the "scariest" punishments I have gotten or been threatened with were a lot less violent, such as long groundings or losing a favorite toy or the cancellation of a family vacation.

But back to the point...Spanking is all good, but Bob Enyart crossed the line between Godly adminition and abuse. And the fierce devotion to him is a little creepy. Nothing I can do about it, you all follow who you like. I personally don't like to consistantly say I'm a follower of a man. People need to admit that Bob Enyart is not this untouchable, holy authority on God. The abusive punishment, along with the strange views on government, the hated radio show, and the harsh tones and stuff like that are enough to make me not want to follow the man.

1 Corinthians 1:10, 12-13 "Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the smae mind and in the same judgement. ... Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?"
I follow Christ. I read the writings of John MacArthur, Charles Ryrie, Wayne Grudem, and others, but don't necessarily agree with all of it, because each man speaks truth and each man makes mistakes. Test it all according to scripture. And I never come on here and try to make everyone believe that any one of these men is this untouchable creature that can do no wrong. I never come on here saying I'm a follower of any of these men. And I won't be converted into an Enyart follower. Enyart has a much more questionable past than any of the men I mentioned, after he came to Christ! I read more about Enyart today, and I see he's done a lot of good, but I still question his motives and views on some things. Therefore, I just have a little trouble when people act like Bob Enyart is the source of absolute truth. That's all. I chose not to align myself with that. I can have that view.

Do the research for yourselves. I think is 5 day thing is absolutely chilling. That freaks me out, and I don't think Christian men need to be worrying about changing our government to put to death all the people that Enyart thinks should be executed. In my opinion, homosexuality is a sin, and people can turn from it. I had a friend in college who was saved and gave up homosexuality, and married a beautiful lady. So as you can see, I disagree and I have the right to.

Oh, you nicer than God too. What a pity. You say you follow scripture, and yet you defame it with this post.

The Edge agrees with Corpral Punishment, just on his terms.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Doctor Brumley, you should close your big mouth.

I agree with corporal punishment, when it's reasonable and consistant. The bible supports it so I do. And I am for capital punishment too.

I'm sick of listening to your diatribe.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
Doctor Brumley, you should close your big mouth.

I agree with corporal punishment, when it's reasonable and consistant. The bible supports it so I do. And I am for capital punishment too.

I'm sick of listening to your diatribe.

Maybe you should, since you stuck your foot in it. You Repented from being hypocritical in your accusations saying weshouldnt judge your motives yet you demean Bob? A Yes or No will suffice.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I won't give you the satisfaction, Doc. I see Enyart all throughout you. If you want me to close your mouth for you, I will. You spew hatred, anger, and I see nothing useful coming from you. I have dismissed you.
Why can't people admit that the man screwed up and can do things wrong?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Look at the can of worms Erin opened up. I'm going back to real discussions. Enough of this Enyartian madness.
:loser:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Turbo, I did. But other people are carrying this on and Erin's not even involved anymore. It's ridonculous ;)

I'm not going to fuel the Doctor's fire anymore. He smells blood but he shant get it from me. On to something cool.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Turbo, I did. But other people are carrying this on and Erin's not even involved anymore.
But you keep bringing her up even after you said you wouldn't.

If this is how you treat people you've forgiven, then your forgiveness is cheap and meaningless.