ARCHIVE: Zakath is Genuine!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I also am for spanking. The Bible is not explicit in how this is done (# of times, etc.). It teaches principles of discipline. To say that 5 times is better than 4 or 6 or that one with the hand is not enough goes beyond Scripture. Most people who hit 5x are doing it in the flesh out of anger or frustration.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
May God help us if that ever happens.
:singer:Yo, VIP, Lets kick it!

Edge, Edge baby...
Edge, Edge baby...
All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Knight is back with my brand new addition
Something grabs a hold of me tightly Then i flow that truth harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Yo-I dont know
Flip back the page and I'll show
To the extreme I smack the forum like a poster on a truthsmakin' spree
Light up this thread and re-read post number 233.

julie21

Well, there you have it...thus endeth this particular ball game perhaps...the fans of either side can start winding down to go home, 'cos the end of reason has come. Those combatants on one side believe they have the upper hand and claim that the Truth [ as they believe it] has been told sufficient for them. Final score...well, let us see...mmmm! Don't know truthfully at this hour, for the time is not yet nigh when the True scorer will let us all know. Interesting...just merely musing in a slightly whimsical kinda way ;)

SOTK

Knight said:

Edge, Edge baby...
Edge, Edge baby...
All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Something grabs a hold of me tightly Then i flow that truth harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Yo-I dont know

Vanilla Knight? :chuckle:

PureX

SOTK said:
It's ridiculous for anybody to think that Mr. Enyart wanted to harm his child out of malice or viciousness. He was teaching his son right from wrong. That's what his motivation was. Come on people! Stop listening to the biased liberal media!
I don't think it's so ridiculous. There are lots of parents who can't control their own anger and who harm their children routinely because of it. It's not at all ridiculous to presume that a man convicted of having done so might actually have done so.

What I find so interesting, here, is that many of the people claiming that we're all jumping to judgment regarding Enyart are the same people who always want the maximun punishment meeted out to everyone else, often without ever bothering to even ascertain the facts of their accusation. The hypocracy is so thick it's like walking on vasaline.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
I don't think it's so ridiculous. There are lots of parents who can't control their own anger and who harm their children routinely because of it. It's not at all ridiculous to presume that a man convicted of having done so might actually have done so.

What I find so interesting, here, is that many of the people claiming that we're all jumping to judgment regarding Enyart are the same people who always want the maximun punishment meeted out to everyone else, often without ever bothering to even ascertain the facts of their accusation. The hypocracy is so thick it's like walking on vasaline.
"without ever bothering to even ascertain the facts of their accusation"? :nono: We advocate the just and appropriate punishment be meeted out to criminals who are rightly convicted based on at least two or three lines of evidence.

Meanwhile, you're the guy who goes around saying how we can never be sure of anything, and yet in this case you are eager to "presume" the worst. Go figure.

PureX

Turbo said:
"without ever bothering to even ascertain the facts of their accusation"? :nono: We advocate the just and appropriate punishment be meeted out to criminals who are rightly convicted based on at least two or three lines of evidence.

Meanwhile, you're the guy who goes around saying how we can never be sure of anything, and yet in this case you are eager to "presume" the worst. Go figure.
I haven't presumed anything. I'm only ponting out that it's not ridiculous to think that a man convicted of child abuse might actually have committed child abuse. And if we weren't talking about Enyart, here, you all would be howling for blood, and you know it.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
I haven't presumed anything.
Right. :rolleyes:
I'm only ponting out that it's not ridiculous to think that a man convicted of child abuse might actually have committed child abuse.
It is if one knows the difference between proper discipline and abuse, and bothers to inverstigate the facts.
And if we weren't talking about Enyart, here, you all would be howling for blood, and you know it.
More presumptions?

Yeah, we right-wingers always cheering when our courts label spanking as child abuse. Good call. :freak:

wickwoman

My eyes have been opened here to the whole "Enyartian cult" as it has not so flatteringly been known in the past. And I regret the casual disdain I had for those who were members. Because Pastor Enyart is an actual man that these people know and respect. Much like my gay neice is an actual person whom I love. And they are running to his defense because he is their friend, not a cyber icon of the far right like he is to me. So, all theories aside, there is much about which we would disagree -- probably almost everything, but Pastor Enyart has some faithful friends and this says something good about him. Whether the courts were correct in deciding against Pastor Enyart, I truly don't know. But it can be said that he has some good friends. And I have something in common with his friends in that I have also run to the defense of someone I love. So that's something -- at least one thing -- we have in common.

"What you acknowledge in your brother you are acknowledinging in yourself and what you share you strengthen." ACIM Ch. 5, III:3:5

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Knight said:

Edge, Edge baby...
Edge, Edge baby...
All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Will it ever stop?
Yo-I dont know

Groooooooooooooooooooovey :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Turbo said:

And don't forget this one: "Love demands restitution? No, I don't think so. I think love forgives, while pettiness demands restitution." - Impurex (Edit: Just so everyone will know who said such a brilliant thing :) )

Last edited:

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
And don't forget this one: "Love demands restitution? No, I don't think so. I think love forgives, while pettiness demands restitution."
I thought God demanded restitution... Or was the crucifixion just for grins and chuckles?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight said:

Edge, Edge baby...
Edge, Edge baby...
All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Will it ever stop?
Yo-I dont know

:BRAVO:

:first: POTD!

the Sibbie

PureX said:
Says the man who believes many on death row are more likely to be innocent than guilty.

The hypocracy is so thick it's like walking on vasaline.
Yeah, tell me about it!