ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
I'm not sure which ones they were. BobE's been on my ignore list for a little while now.
Huh???

Bob only has a few posts here on TOL. Why would you bother to put him on ignore? It sounds to me like you may have other "issues".

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Yes, imrahil, but my point is it seems that disagreeing with the man, not liking the man gets you in trouble around here.

Knight, I reject the challenge because it won't change anything. We will agree to disagree. If that means I disagree with you, so be it.

It would be a pretty boring board if it were full of nothing but Bob fans.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
Yes, imrahil, but my point is it seems that disagreeing with the man, not liking the man gets you in trouble around here.

Knight, I reject the challenge because it won't change anything. We will agree to disagree. If that means I disagree with you, so be it.

It would be a pretty boring board if it were full of nothing but Bob fans.
Forget about Bob!!!

You missed the point.

The point is... I do not want to be believing in error. And since you seem to know that Bob has suspect views... and since I am friends with Bob and happen to know my views and Bob's views are very similar, you must be aware that my views are suspect as well. I want to know where my views are in error. I want to be "closer to truth", don't you? If you can help me.... but refuse, I can only assume you care little for me. :(

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:

"Yes" as in yes that is what Knight said?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I care for you knight, but am afraid I don't have time to put into a huge, researched debate. My views have all been stated on this board. Refer to my previous posts, dig into the Scripture, and reread post 111, and you'll get it. I won't trust any man that says it's ok for Erin to do what she did to me just for being a kind and caring person and then refuse to apologize for it.

I don't think any of Bob's views have any eternal effect on your soul, that is I don't think he's spreading any false gospel. It's his methods and some of the other things he seems to believe in. So I don't believe you are hellbound for believing in Bob.

Some little old weatherman is not going to change everything. I came along to show that theologians are not perfect, and I hope people realize that. That is why I almost never mentnion the theologians I like, whether I was personal friends with them or not, because by doing so I would adopt their label and open myself up to the same attacks that you did. And I don't mean to attack, just to raise possibilities. I know Bob has lead many to Christ. I know he speaks a lot of truth. Maybe he repented of his child abuse, and if he did, it would ne nice if it was made known. I'm not a politician, but I get the willies when reading about his governmental views, and that's all I can say right now.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
I care for you knight, but am afraid I don't have time to put into a huge, researched debate. .

Translation,

I want to continue to talk about and say things about people or issues I have no idea about.

Crow

Knight said:
I am pretty sure me and Bob Enyart agree on almost every major political and theological point. I am aware of some small differences in opinion I have with Bob but nothing major to my knowledge.

While we're at it, Edge, I am close to Bob Enyart's view on almost every major theological issues and many social/political ones. In fact, I very likely would never have come to Christ had it not been for Bob Enyart. I also would like to know where you consider both Bob and Knight to be in error, as I am even closer to Knight's views politically.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
I care for you knight, but am afraid I don't have time to put into a huge, researched debate.
We don't need to go into a "huge researched debate". I just want to know where I am in error can't you tell me????

We are already here on TOL discussing all sorts of stuff can't you take the time to point me in the right direction???

[Mick Jagger] Time is on our side [/Mick Jagger]

We have nothing but time! Come on let's dive into the nuts and bolts... that's what TOL is intended for.

My views have all been stated on this board. Refer to my previous posts, dig into the Scripture, and reread post 111, and you'll get it. I won't trust any man that says it's ok for Erin to do what she did to me just for being a kind and caring person and then refuse to apologize for it.
I want to know about these "other things" that I am so wrong about.

Surely you have the courtesy to tell me.... don't you?

I don't think any of Bob's views have any eternal effect on your soul, that is I don't think he's spreading any false gospel. It's his methods and some of the other things he seems to believe in. So I don't believe you are hellbound for believing in Bob.
I don't know what "believing in Bob." means? Was that supposed to be another insult?

Do you have any favorite Bible teachers? Do you "believe in them"? Or would it make more sense to say you enjoy their work and have learned from them? :rolleyes:

Some little old weatherman is not going to change everything.
That isn't true.... if several folks are agreeing with the "little old weatherman" who says its going to be very hot tomorrow and therefore they are all planning a picnic in the park yet you happen to know there is going to be a surprise blizzard, it is a bit rude of you to withhold this very pertinent information.

I came along to show that theologians are not perfect, and I hope people realize that.
Another mischaracterization of this discourse. Do you have it in you to state something in an honest way?

Has anybody made the claim that Bob Enyart is perfect?

The answer is NO. Please do a better job communicating.

That is why I almost never mentnion the theologians I like, whether I was personal friends with them or not, because by doing so I would adopt their label and open myself up to the same attacks that you did. And I don't mean to attack, just to raise possibilities. I know Bob has lead many to Christ. I know he speaks a lot of truth. Maybe he repented of his child abuse, and if he did, it would ne nice if it was made known. I'm not a politician, but I get the willies when reading about his governmental views, and that's all I can say right now.
:doh: Bob didn't repent of his child abuse because IT WASN'T child abuse!!!

You still don't get it do you?

Spanking your children isn't a crime! Only left wing wacko's think it is a crime and that is the side you have taken.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:

Maybe there is a way to link the sound byte to a cricket smilie.

[It would get used as much as :Commie: , :flamer: and :cow: .] :eek: