ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

PureX

The Edge said:
Now let's put this to rest because I am not going to endorse Bob Enyart's ideas. But I'm sorry for any behavior of mine that was inconsistant with the attitude of Christ. I ask for forgiveness.
Relax. Some people are going to get upset no matter what you do. They want to get upset. And most of the time it has nothing to do with anything or anyone but themselves.

Regarding Enyart, I don't post my opinions of Enyart because I have nothing at all good to say about him, and my mama always said if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all. So I don't. I did ask him some questions a while ago, but of course he ignored them. So i figure we're even.

Some of us can be a bit abrasive, and I know I'm often guilty of that. But I don't think being abrasive is anything we need to apologize for. Being dishonest, or being abusive, now that's something else ... but most of the time when people are being dishonest on these threads, they themselves are the first person they lied to, ya' know? And when they're being abusive, they're already so immature and so spiritually bankrupt that there's not much point in expecting them to even acknowledge their own behavior, let alone apologize for it.

Relax. you're nicer than a lot of people are around here, and you're more honest, too. You got nothin' to apologize for.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Edge,
I merely asked you for some evidence to back up your claims. I hardly see that as "guns blazing". And I'd have you know if someone came on TOL and accused you of things, I would ask them for some evidence too. Since it isn't me you are making claims about, all I can say is, if I were, I wouldn't accept an apology for the way you were spreading rumors.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I pray that his friends realize that he is just a man with some ideas that many don't agree with and to keep focused on true Christianity.
:doh:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
i meant to go back in and edit out the word "enyartian." Sorry I missed that one -- look again now
You still missed one.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
I pray that his friends realize that he is just a man with some ideas that many don't agree with and to keep focused on true Christianity.

:doh:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What's wrong with the sentence now? There are a lot of people who don't agree with Enyart. Even Christians. Of course, if they paid more attention to him they might find themselves agreeing. I mean, that has happened before, even on here, hasn't it?:eek:

julie21

Oh Edge...some of them don't seem to have their pound of flesh yet! What more can you do?...nothing! Just leave them to keep on in that way and don't bother with this tripe anymore. My opinion only sport, but personally, why don't you let them draft exactly the words they want you to use, and then sign it, preferably in blood!
People can be Christian and charitable...an apology was made...grow up!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
julie21 said:
Oh Edge...some of them don't seem to have their pound of flesh yet! What more can you do?...nothing! Just leave them to keep on in that way and don't bother with this tripe anymore. My opinion only sport, but personally, why don't you let them draft exactly the words they want you to use, and then sign it, preferably in blood!

Well, I guess I should offer an apology of my own:

Edge, I'm so very sorry I asked you for some proof of your claims.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
julie21 said:
Uh.... Julie... be honest can you really call Edges post above an apology?

Seriously????

Normally, an apology doesn't include several more of the exact same insults that the apology was in regard to.

I really do not think you are looking at this whole issue very objectively. I am pretty sure that if someone began insulting you and your pastor the way the Edge has done here on TOL you would (and should) be defending yourself and your friend/pastor in the same way we are defending our friend. I am guessing that you would be viewing this entire discourse very differently if the shoe was on the other foot.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
For the most part, Enyart supporters came after me angrily and with guns blazing.
LOL.... "guns blazing"...... :darwinsm:

Hit it Stevie....

:singer:
Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

OK... not exactly Vanilla Ice but Elton :flamer:, Dionne and Stevie will have to do!

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
It seems that since my apology is not good enough maybe I should just retract it. Nothing will satisfy you guys.

julie21

Knight said:
Uh.... Julie... be honest can you really call Edges post above an apology?

Seriously????

Normally, an apology doesn't include several more of the exact same insults that the apology was in regard to.

I really do not think you are looking at this whole issue very objectively. I am pretty sure that if someone began insulting you and your pastor the way the Edge has done here on TOL you would (and should) be defending yourself and your friend/pastor in the same way we are defending our friend. I am guessing that you would be viewing this entire discourse very differently if the shoe was on the other foot.

So Knight...you see that is where we differ. I wouldn't go on and on admonishing him in front of all in such a grandiose display ;) Really...this could go on and on forever...so why not be the better guys and drop it into TOL oblivion? Or do you guys get some sense of self gratification in hounding someone until eternity comes? Even your good friend Bob would limit his airtime going at an opponent to a specified time and then move on to his next opponent...what value is there to be had in this persistent .... that is going on?
I personally cannot see the Edge changing from his views...and neither you guys from yours. So when will the innings be through so that everyone can move on? I am sure that you have rebuked enough for him to get your particular message...even if it wasn't a 'gentle rebuke', but turned into a schoolyard type of fiasco.
I guess that Bob E would be used to such criticism, not just from Edge, but many quarters. Noble of you to defend his feelings in this, but when does it all end...?
I am pretty sure that if someone began insulting you and your pastor the way the Edge has done here on TOL you would (and should) be defending yourself and your friend/pastor in the same way we are defending our friend
...and that is where we definitely differ...in the mode used. I wouldn't resort to child-like behaviour, as in posting 'rap' poetry, and just outright picking. I ave sensibilities re others and the way that they should be rebuked, if the need arises...and I know when to call it a day. ;)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beefalobilly said:
so does someone want to explain to me enyart in a nutshell?
It would probably be better if you went to KGOV.com and checked out his ministry yourself. My guess would be you won't like him but I hate to see you judge him based on anothers opinion.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:
It seems that since my apology is not good enough maybe I should just retract it. Nothing will satisfy you guys.

Done. I'm not going on with this anymore. I feel how I feel about Mr. Enyart. I'm not sorry I got jumped all over. Back to real theology and fellowship!! :p

Last edited: