ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
it's supposed to be a writing about how Enyart wants to set up some kind of theological dictatorship in the US.

docrob57

I know he favors monarchy as a form of government.

Anyway, what about the basic idea that he is active in trying to lead people to Jesus? Is there no merit to this?

docrob57 said:
So the spanking incident is the only thing anyone is really concerned about?

No, that's just what we were discussing. Even if you assume he lost control and went way overboard on the kid, that doesn't invalidate any of his other beliefs, it just means he screwed up.

Caille

Turbo said:

Knight, Turbo - never seen that spin, too bad there's no corroborating evidence for it. No response to my questions either, and since Deardelmar seems to have lost interest, I'll make my final point.

IMHO, Enyart was lucky to get off as lightly as he did. If the boyfriend of my estranged wife (or ex-wife) did that to my seven year old son, I'm not sure I would bother calling the cops. I think I would be more inclined to deal with him myself. What do scriptures say about protecting your family ?

docrob57

The Edge said:
Caille,

There's much more than this incident. You should read some of his writings.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel, but since I don't know what you are apologizing for, could you tell me what your objections are to the writings?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
I'm not sure which ones they were. BobE's been on my ignore list for a little while now.
It obviously wasn't his Battle Royale posts. :angel:
Mr. 5020 said:
He got his hind parts whipped so badly against Bob Enyart, it made him sick, and he had to call in back-up.*

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
docrob57 said:
I don't want to reinvent the wheel, but since I don't know what you are apologizing for, could you tell me what your objections are to the writings?

Negative. I retracted my apology.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Caille said:
Knight, Turbo - never seen that spin, too bad there's no corroborating evidence for it. No response to my questions either, and since Deardelmar seems to have lost interest, I'll make my final point.

IMHO, Enyart was lucky to get off as lightly as he did. If the boyfriend of my estranged wife (or ex-wife) did that to my seven year old son, I'm not sure I would bother calling the cops. I think I would be more inclined to deal with him myself. What do scriptures say about protecting your family ?
You have a backward idea of "protection".

I want my children to be raised in a godly way. If my children were disrespecting their mother they would deserved to be spanked. I would be thankful to the father figure that had the boldness to discipline them the way they should be disciplined.

I do not want to "protect" them from what is proper.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Edge said:
Caille,

There's much more than this incident. You should read some of his writings.
I am pretty sure me and Bob Enyart agree on almost every major political and theological point. I am aware of some small differences in opinion I have with Bob but nothing major to my knowledge.

Therefore....
If you believe Bob is in error you must believe I am in error.

If I am in error I want to know about it so I can change my position.

I publicly challenge you
to show me where I am in error. Please feel free to start a new thread so we can discuss this matter in depth. Feel free to start with any topic that you feel Bob (and I) are in error.

Thanks in advance for your time.