ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beefalobilly said:
deardelmar, you support the death penalty for adultery right? At least I think that's what you were implying earlier in the thread.

I'm just curious where you think that places people like me, who have never been married and never committed the physical act of adultery, but have lusted after women too many times to count, and apparently, according to christ, are guilty of adultery of the heart. Would you only advocate death for those who have committed the physical act of adultery? What about people who have married a divorced woman?
My position is that God declared the physical act of adultery a crime and instituted the death penalty for that crime. It is also my position that in the other two examples Jesus was talking about sins of the heart rather than the crime of adultery.

deardelmar said:
My position is that God declared the physical act of adultery a crime and instituted the death penalty for that crime. It is also my position that in the other two examples Jesus was talking about sins of the heart rather than the crime of adultery.

Alright, thanks for the input

SOTK

deardelmar said:

:up:

servent101

the edge
unless the majority of the world's population were believing Christians.

Actually the American Constitution as it stands - Written, was actually written and endorsed by Christians - Most if not all the Forefathers of America were believing Christians - and they thought freedom to worship as one's conscience dictates was a Christian Principle.

The problem of the Religious State is that anyone who is not of the official religion is no longer a member of the State - in Israel, if one becomes a Christian, they are no longer allowed to be a Jew - their families have the right to kill them. NO reprisal from the Law - this is the Law...

Possibly if were to live like that there would be no one who is actually a
believing Christians.

Real Christians did write America’s Constitution, and it is well written, for the time and place, in my opinion anyways.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

servent101

The more I think of the debate on homosexual and lesbian marriage, I am thinking it is about our own rights, what will it be next? no one who is divorced can be married? only people who are married in the sight of God only those marriages are valid - this is what they believe anyways, and this was the way it was only a few hundred years ago - if those people who are against gay and lesbian marriage only knew that the church and state would of prevented them from getting married a few hundred years ago - would they be so inclined to allow the same institutions to rule over anyone's private life?

With Christ's Love

Servent101