ARCHIVE: apology for the manner of my attack on Bob Enyart

drbrumley

The Edge said:
Nah' I'll keep the Doctor out in the open. I had a feeling he would immediatly begin badmouthing me behind my back just like a Believer should......
I won't give him the satisfaction or the opportunity. I wanted to see how he'd handle the threat, and he failed with perfect predictability. Sad.

Knight, I did respond to your points. And I did not only restate I backed down a tad on the child abuse, because I suspected the Westword might not be entirely trustworthy. That's why I said I wouldn't buy totally into it. And it's the only thing I could find that made the boy's injuries sound so severe.

But Bob was convicted, and they must have convicted him for a reason. But this is also the same justice system that aquitted OJ and failed to remove Clinton from office. It's flawed. So perhaps I jumped to too hard a conclusion....I'll give you that. But I will leave you with this thought....I still question the man. And I AM allowed to do that.

And to the doctor, I won't even respond to your post except to say that I never said "military overthrow." This is just another perfect example of how you change my posts to say something that you can easily attack. It makes you look like an idiot.

And I would never put Billybob on my ignore list, because he's a good man and I consider him a friend. One day when he and I almost went at it, he had the heart to PM me and apologize and say some kind words. I have a lot of respect for him for doing that. You should follow his example, because right now I don't see the fruit of the spirit in you.

Edge

I didn't bad-mouth you. I said thank God you put me on ignore. Then I told Billy he needs to watch what he says, that he may end up on ignore. Those were just facts as presented. And I am STILL waiting for the link to provide AN OVERTHROW of the government. Thats not bad mouthing young pup.

But now I see you are attempting to back track. And thank you at least admitting this;

The truth is, I don't know how severe the beating was.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
drbrumley said:
Edge, then how do you suppose an overthrow of the government is going to happen? You know as well as I do, those in power will not give it up voluntarilly.
There can be a peaceful overthrow

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
if the us government were to crumble on its own, then it is right for a new government to take its place. if it happened to be Bob's, I would submit to it in that case.

drbrumley

The Edge said:
if the us government were to crumble on its own, then it is right for a new government to take its place. if it happened to be Bob's, I would submit to it in that case.

Ok, how about our government is so bad, someone has to step in and take control. Or does that mean to you that we should do nothing but be pacifists?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:

Really?

The reason I ask is because I am curious about a person who is submissive to a government simply because it claims authority.

For example, if [I hate to do this] Hitler were to have won WWII and was the 'Ruler' of the US, should every US citizen have submitted to him simply because he became their ruler?

I know it's an extreme analogy, but I beleive its extremism makes my point nicely.

drbrumley

BillyBob said:
Really?

The reason I ask is because I am curious about a person who is submissive to a government simply because it claims authority.

For example, if [I hate to do this] Hitler were to have won WWII and was the 'Ruler' of the US, should every US citizen have submitted to him simply because he became their ruler?

I know it's an extreme analogy, but I beleive its extremism makes my point nicely.

That gets some green rep points. Good job!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
As for what else I disagree with? There's no scriptural support, but I think he focuses way to much on homophobia and I think he should not be advocating overthrow of the US government.
Bob has never to my knowlage advocated overthrow of the US government. He as a matter of fact states quite plainly the we have NO right to do so.

While I do agree with you, Knight, that a theological monarchy is the Biblical government of choice, that is not what God as placed over us right now, and we are called by Romans 13 to be in submission to the government that God has ordained over us. We are given the right to vote in the people we like, and since that is part of government we should do that. And we can speak and peacefully protest, but not overthrow. If I am misunderstanding his writings here, let me know. But this is how I feel. I think he should focus more on leading people to Christ and teaching Bible and less on slammnig gays and writing strange essays about overthrowing the government. I see a lot of good in Bob, but I think some of it is misguided.
Writing a story about what a just Government would be like is not the same thing as advocating overthrow.

SOTK

The Edge said:
But this is also the same justice system that aquitted OJ and failed to remove Clinton from office. It's flawed. So perhaps I jumped to too hard a conclusion....I'll give you that.

:thumb:

I'm glad to see you admit to that! That's a big part of what I was trying to point out to you.

The Edge said:
But I will leave you with this thought....I still question the man. And I AM allowed to do that.
Edge

There is nothing wrong with questioning, The Edge. :up: You are also entitled to your opinion. If I may point out, I think where you got into trouble with a few folks on TOL is when you went from just stating your opinion to throwing out accusations. As you are probably painfully aware, this caused people to become defensive as well as a little frustrated when it seemed you didn't have a lot of information to back up your accusations. Personally, I think this all could have been avoided if you just stated what you stated above.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
BillyBob said:
Really?

within reason. hitler needed to be stopped.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
deardelmar said:
Bob has never to my knowlage advocated overthrow of the US government. He as a matter of fact states quite plainly the we have NO right to do so.

Writing a story about what a just Government would be like is not the same thing as advocating overthrow.
well, if this is indeed the case, then i misread bob.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
SOTK said:
:thumb:

I'm glad to see you admit to that! That's a big part of what I was trying to point out to you.

There is nothing wrong with questioning, The Edge. :up: You are also entitled to your opinion. If I may point out, I think where you got into trouble with a few folks on TOL is when you went from just stating your opinion to throwing out accusations. As you are probably painfully aware, this caused people to become defensive as well as a little frustrated when it seemed you didn't have a lot of information to back up your accusations. Personally, I think this all could have been avoided if you just stated what you stated above.
agreed. it's easy to mess up with words.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
So if this theological monarchy came to power should adultery and homosexuality be legal.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So under such a government what should the punishment for adultery and homosexuality be?

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
adultery, death I believe is what the Bible calls for. i'm not sure what it was for homosexuality....if the Bible says death, then death. they should have a chance to repent though, and turn from their sin.

if we immediatly put to death today anyone who killed, cheated, or was gay, we'd probably reduce the world's population by at least a half.....it woudl be frightening and drastic.